2012 Movie

Well, this comedy was real good. Everybody in the theater laughed so hard at so many scenes it was hilarious.

it's virtually impossible to take 2 seconds of this film seriously. God, people where dying and I had a huge grin on my have, on the brinks of laughing.

I never knew we could do so much with a limo and that someone with little to no experience could fly small and big planes.

Inside Air Force One : "Sir, there's no more telecommunication working on the ground" yet, moments later, someone in India, looking at a giant tsunami is able to talk on a cell phone....

As a clich? comedy, I'll give it 8/10. Most of that score goes to the CGI effect that are real good. As for the movie, the script with the subject mater of 2012, it's garbage.

Wait for HBO or DVD.

lol, i have to agreed with you over there..but i loved the movie... the gfx was insane..and it was nicely done... on par with the matrix trilogy

I expected exactly what I got, in face the special effects were more dramatic and 'cool' than I expected. I enjoyed it and give it a 9/10. It was exciting and action packed throughout.

Inside Air Force One : "Sir, there's no more telecommunication working on the ground" yet, moments later, someone in India, looking at a giant tsunami is able to talk on a cell phone....

As a clich? comedy, I'll give it 8/10. Most of that score goes to the CGI effect that are real good. As for the movie, the script with the subject mater of 2012, it's garbage.

As for your comment about the ground communications, it could EASILY have been attributed to the Indian man using a satellite phone! Which would still work without any ground based systems.

Wow, this movie has created a lot of hype. I stood in line to get tickets for this show I wanted go. They were sold out for 3 consecutive shows which was pretty insane. I remember getting my batman tickets easily lol

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly but it's like watching one of those made for TV movie-of-the-week disaster things, except with much better special effects. If you don't like those kinds of movies, stay away. If you do like them, you'll really like this one.

i thought the film was rubbish, like TruckWeb i was laughing the whole film ... the script was terrible and very soap-operish and they tried to cram too many characters and plot points in, hell even the cgi was below par. and a im sorry but that indian guy was not using a satellite phone, it was clearly a regular mobile phone.

I would have liked the film better if they didn't try and make it really serious ... it works better as a comedy ... as a comedy i give it 3/10. As an 'action' film i give it 0.25/10.

Thers a vast difference between unintentionally hilarious movies, and movies like this with tongue in cheek that fully know how silly they are. I for one thought this was bloody brilliant, well, atleast up until the last fourth when it slowed down expecting us to care about main characters as they were going through the "obstacle course". Thou that seems to be an absolute necessity in such movies it never really works. But yeah, the rest of the movie as predictable as it was, was ok. A proper popcorn movie that seems to be rarity these days. Oh, and yes - I somehow managed totally miss the fact that Woody Harelson has part in this. Pickle eating wacko he was just hilarious.

Also this movie probably has the most qutable lines from the recent history. "Lift you big ass for Sasha!!" :laugh:

All in all, one of Emmerichs best. Thou this lacks Will Smith factor, id say its somewhere on par with Independence Day. Its funny, silly, looks gorgeous and has flying trains.

well I saw it a couple days ago. Loved the CG effects! :D.. When the limo was dodging everything.. I certainly was thinking it was a scene from Twister (1997).. Anyone remember? 'Cow?!, ANOTHER Cow" lol. Comedy was ok.. but the effects were amazing.

Just watching it now.

Nearly 2 hours into it and I haven't really got into it. Shame, but not to worry. Good movie, good graphics, however it's just another "Day After Tomorrow" type film, but I see it as a take off from it.

5-6/10.

i saw it 2 weeks ago. great effects and great story. definitely worth to watch it.

i thought the film was rubbish, like TruckWeb i was laughing the whole film ... the script was terrible and very soap-operish and they tried to cram too many characters and plot points in, hell even the cgi was below par. and a im sorry but that indian guy was not using a satellite phone, it was clearly a regular mobile phone.

I would have liked the film better if they didn't try and make it really serious ... it works better as a comedy ... as a comedy i give it 3/10. As an 'action' film i give it 0.25/10.

Yes because you know what the phones in the year 2012 are capable off.

Below par cgi?, You must have thought Toy Story was drawn with crayons .

Edited by Aq3e

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the effects a lot but I could not see this again unless they edited out all the slow dialogue parts and just had the disaster bits. The only "story line" they should keep is the little girl's problems with incontinence. Her final triumph was the perfect way to end the film!

Nice effects, boring ending, same as "day after tomorrow"...

I'd like to see a post-apocalyptic movie ala I am legend, mad max, waterworld, this movie had potential as they could make society tearing themselves apart on how to establish country limits, new ways of of gov't, you get my point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought it was really really bad, so many clich? scenes. No depth in the story and characters, all the special effects were like "come on!".