build 4008 and 4015

hey, everyone..i have been doing some testing with 4008 and 4015.. using AA's guides and Chris123NT's guide 4008 one.. that changes the boot/log-on/log-off screen and other tweaks.

And i found out that 4008 is more stable.

i used the orginal stuff that was in Longhorn, did not fix the search in 4008, did not change anything. very stable

then when i changed the boot and other stuff in Chris123NT's guide the OS was very unstable, crashed all the time.

Also the same in 4015, changed a few things. eg. use MSN Messenger 6 beta. Plus the explorer memory leak crash

So if you use the orginal stuff in 4008. like Windows Messenger 4.0 build 155, DX9.0 build 899, leave the Search title the way it is.. everything runs fine

/end

i noticed that longhorn 4008 worked fine for me, (i just installed it to see what it's like, no intentions of using it as my main os) just that it was largely incomplete. i keep reading how everyone has problems with 4015, thinking "i never saw anything like that :ermm: "

just wait till RTM! Imagine how stable that'll be!

I can imagine both extremes and the middle...

If it's like Me, the lower end, if it's like a NT, the higher end, it it's like an app, the middle.