The new forum order revealed

LOL, nice :) I like the look too... I too like the idea of AJAX since i check media room and Internet security and Windows 7 forums, They are at the other ends of the forum.

I usually just minimize the header topic so that it's just a a bar but whenever i format or using another PC gotta do it all over again. :)

Looks good, but wouldn't you also want to censor a bit of the Private Forums section? *cough*168

Why? This way non-subscribers get an idea why subscribing is worth it.

Lol, I don't think that's the idea behind subscribing that Neobond wants to encourage. I mean, I remember some discussion about it a long time ago. A lot of speculation about 168 that the mods closed because it was not to be discussed/revealed. Seems weird that they would show it in a screenshot now. :p

Add PHP / ASP to the Web Server Side's title (or description if thats possible), you get a lot of PHP threads ending up in the Programming forum by accident. :)

Otherwise looks good. :) The default IPB3 theme is pretty ordinary. :\

The default IPB theme is quite quirky if you use it in real-time. But anyway, the new forum order looks pretty good.

@ Neobond: Can we get subforums for: [Completed Visual Styles, Custom Boot & Login Screens, Works in Progress] under 'Customizing Windows 7'?

Or are you waiting until more support or entries come for each section?

I really wouldn't mind subscribing , but I don't have a paypal account ><

I don't think some people get it. This is not the forum skin, this is the general arrangement of the forums within Neowin.net.

Obviously the skin isn't going to be like that.

Not really, we'll require users to tag their support question with [xp] or [vista]

Actually, thinking about it I think you're right, see the updated Windows Support section (as shown from the admincp)

Combining XP and Vista into one forum wouldn't make that much sense, as they're quite different. What you could do is combine Vista and Win7, as they share quite a bit, and then use simple tagging: [7] for Win7 and [V] for Vista.

Putting XP together with the other older OSes (as shown in your updated screenshot) is a really bad idea, as quite a lot of people are still using XP. That will probably only really change when XP support expires in 2014.

Concerning the Customisation forums: Why don't you name them "Creative Corner" and then put in the "Customising Mac OS X" and "Customizing Linux" forums in there as well?

btw, at the very bottom, it should be "Member's Metropolis" (not "Metropoilis").

I like it, except for one part: I don't think it's a good idea to combine the Windows XP and Windows Vista support forums. It might cause some confusions because both operating systems are quite different. If it has to be combined, then combine Windows Vista with Windows 7 and use a tagging system (as suggested by Lord Ba'al in the post above mine).

Oh, and one more minor thing: some of the forum descriptions have periods and others don't. That should change. Either/or is fine, as long as it's consistent. :p

I like it, except for one part: I don't think it's a good idea to combine the Windows XP and Windows Vista support forums. It might cause some confusions because both operating systems are quite different. If it has to be combined, then combine Windows Vista with Windows 7 and use a tagging system (as suggested by Lord Ba'al in the post above mine).

I agree with you both. XP and Vista are nothing alike even if they are both legacy systems.