New December 2009 MVCs Announced

Rappy with no flood control? His post count will increase by 1 every second, therefore eventually creating a tear in the Neowinian space continuum. :blink:

Seriously though, congratulations to everyone who got awarded this round! :)

Rappy hasn't had flood control for ages. Subscribers don't have flood control :p

Before the usual naysayers comment 'Rappy doesn't deserve the MVC badge! All he does is spam the forums!':

He does deserve the MVC badge. He contributes a lot in the Media Room - hell, he practically runs it - and in the subscriber forum. Subscribers will know which thread I mean in particular.

A diverse forum like Neowin shouldn't only recognise technically oriented posts.

@Digix: What makes you think I deserve the badge? I beg to differ personally.

I believe everyone is free to give their opinion :)

Like Mephistopheles said, some may think Rappy just got his badge for all the posts he has. I think he does deserve it in t a certain way.

And why isnt everyone allowed to vote for the MVCs? We are a community and just letting some feels like normal members arent part of it.

And why isnt everyone allowed to vote for the MVCs? We are a community and just letting some feels like normal members arent part of it.

MVC awards are given out by staff and other MVC recipients for contributions by individuals to Neowin and other members. Much of this is behind the scenes things that these recipients do and or did. CrimsonRedMk, for instance, was a prime mover for Neowin's own Shift Linux Project over the past few years. Only staff and some volunteer members were a part of that and would remember the countless hours he put in. The general membership would not know that. In addition, one of the criteria is warning levels (you can have none, and no history of it either). Again, the general membership would have no knowledge of that.

We are as fair as possible in all aspects of the MVC program. We only select by vote, the top 2 or 3 who stand out from a long list of very qualified nominees. (Y)