How Are These Photos?

Well to be honest some of the need aligning as well as white balance and color adjustments, you should try to do slight processing before posting to a contest. Also, some of the composition seems off, if you have time look into this, it can sometimes be fixed with crops. Finally, avoid shooting in color when the sky is overcast because it doesn't look very good. I'd say these could be entered into a competition as long as its objective is to show nature, if it is a photography competition then I'd enter but wouldn't expect to win. I hope you don't mind what I've said, just giving some honest advice.

They're very "point and shoot" like.

What you probably mean is they seem like "Snapshots" rather than "Photographs", a P&S is capable of delivering awesome shots in the right hands just as a DSLR can pump out bad shots in the wrong hands.

What you probably mean is they seem like "Snapshots" rather than "Photographs", a P&S is capable of delivering awesome shots in the right hands just as a DSLR can pump out bad shots in the wrong hands.

They look like snapshots to me as well.

Yeah... what the others said. There's nothing that draws me to them. I can't really describe it better than just "snapshots" like everyone else has mentioned. Some of them seem kind of distracting and "chaotic"... But it looks like you have the right idea, but it's not coming out quite right.

This is just my opinion, but this picture had potential:

RainyNeighbourhoodEnvironment038.jpg

A quick photoshop results in something that (to me) looks better. I thought the leaves were distracting, and the colors could use a little more depth.

rainyneighbourhoodenvir.jpg

Good luck and go for round 2. I'm just starting out with photography as well... :)

Yeah... what the others said. There's nothing that draws me to them. I can't really describe it better than just "snapshots" like everyone else has mentioned. Some of them seem kind of distracting and "chaotic"... But it looks like you have the right idea, but it's not coming out quite right.

<snipped>

A quick photoshop results in something that (to me) looks better. I thought the leaves were distracting, and the colors could use a little more depth.?

<snipped>

Good luck and go for round 2. I'm just starting out with photography as well... :)

Well I also consider that shot to be the best of the bunch.

I regularly consider photoshopping stuff in/out as a last resort, I'd have gone with the crop hehe also I think that the cars ended up being too dark, it'd be a question of playing with the curve.

Keep up the practice crazysah :)

blah blah same thing :p

A quick photoshop results in something that (to me) looks better. I thought the leaves were distracting, and the colors could use a little more depth.

That photo is my favourite there, a very nice shot. I agree with Kondrath that without the leaves looks much better.

I don't have to enter in the whole bunch. Plus I have a few more if you people want to see...

So, out of all which ones should I submit? I can submit any amount I want...

Plus - Can you any of you help me edit them?

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

These are the rules of the competition.

The Entrant must be the sole author and the owner of the copyright of all photos submitted. Participants must declare at the time of registration ? that the entry is their own work and must agree to the terms and conditions mentioned hereunder.

The maximum number of photographs that one user can upload is 5

All photo entries submitted need to be in JPEG file format for quality assurance

The size limit of one photograph is 4MB

Each Entry must have a caption of less than 160 characters

Manipulation: The competition allows only basic adjustments to be applied to the entire image; helping to ensure that the winning image is selected based on photographic merit rather than computer skills. The faithful representation of a natural form, behavior or phenomenon must be maintained. Sandwich shots, double exposures, photographs, which consist in any way more than one separate image, is not eligible for the competition. Images may be cropped before submission, and limited digital manipulation such as 'cleaning', sharpening, adjusting levels, burning, dodging, curves, color and contrast is permissible where applied to the image as a whole. However, entries that has other wise been significantly enhanced or altered in whole or in part using programs such as Adobe Photoshop will not be admissible.

The picture uploaded must not contain any illicit material

Only users of Indian Nationality are eligible for entry to the contest.

So 5 photos. Which ones? The one above and any more?