Maximum size of N64 cartridge?

Hi guys..

I have a dilemma. My sisters boyfriend is a complete tool and he's telling me that a cartridge (for N64) can hold more than a standard 640 meg CD. Because I love to point out how many shortcoming this dork has, please, if someone could, give me an URL to information on maximum cartridge size.

Thanks!

roms that were released were about 30mb max i saw, think that was zelda... dont know if they were compressed or whatever but i remember downloading them often on 56k so cant be the size of a CD

Thanks goat! Just what I was looking for.

Emu..nah, he's more of a "I know everything" kind of person, so I get great satisfaction from showing him hes a tool hehe :)

Technically, they can manufacture the carts to have very large sizes since it is just ROM inside (just like how you can have smal 32 meg or large 1 gig ram chips)..but the cost of the cart goes astronomically high it so there is no profit in it...

he's right it would just be a reaaalllllllllllly big cartridge that would be very expensive and nobody would want to own it unless your a nutcase imagine final fantasy 7,8 or 9 the thing would be like 5 foot tall and cost $1000+ oh yes they'd make loads of money off that thing make 2 maybe heh.

Actually I started thinking on this more :D lets do some math!

Biggest N64 cart 64 megs

Final Fantasy 7 3 CDs

3 * 650 1,950 megs

1950/64 = 30.46875 round that up to 31

now take the average price of a nintendo game for N64 was 49.95

so we take 31 * 49.95 so we get

$1548.45 plus tax!

and everyone thinks changing CDs is bad imaging changing through 31 carts! or one really big really tall cart.

actually, it wouldn't be a really big cart, it would only be double the size at most. You have to remember that we live in the day in age where we have key chains that hold a gig :)