Are you sick of the iPhone?

Yes call it and offer the person that answers ?500 + a night with your mum if they bring it back.
Probably not out of the box but wouldn't take much to make a remote gps tracking application which would work same as iphones itunes tracking thing
I believe that this app is the current one to get for things like that: https://www.mobiledefense.com/ (US Only, so pretty useless for UK users)

I bring it up as this is one of the main reasons I would purchase Mobile Me (its ?40 on ebay for a years service).

I'm curious is there a way to locate your phone on Android if you lose it or its stolen?
I believe that this app is the current one to get for things like that: https://www.mobiledefense.com/ (US Only, so pretty useless for UK users)

WaveSecure - brilliant app

Lets you lock, track, backup and erase your phone remotely. And it's free at the moment too!

I am well aware of what he was saying, I was merely pointing out to the person that claimed that he couldn't use Android because it didn't support Mobile ME, that it already had similar features built in that took away the need for Mobile ME ;)

I think the first post in regards to Mobile ME was referring to the convince of transferring "existing" data from one service "Mobile Me" to another/different service "Google" etc.

I.E. the migration factor being painstakingly high.

I'm not sick of iPhones. I have one and have had one since the 1G was around. Althou I never got it at the start. I refused to get it. As I don't like Apple, well at least I didn't until I got an iPhone.

Before then I used windows mobile. I use to spent a lot of time messing around with windows mobile. different roms, different versions with different tweaks and so on. Different HTC phone every 6 months.

Then I got an iPhone, nothing seemed to compare to it. The only phone I buy is the next version of the iPhone. Saves me bit of cash, instead of h aving the latest and greatest htc phone every six month I just have the new iPhone every year.

Guess I'm stuck to the iPhone as even if I do switch to another phone, nothing is as simple and as easy to use as the iPhone.

But what I'm bored off is arguing over which phone is better and which phone sucks. The fact is no phone actually sucks.

As somewhere someone will most likely love it and love what is does. Because it suits them. May not suit me, but because it doesn't suit me doesn't mean it is a crap phone. So I'm just bored and fed up arguing about iPhones. It is a phone. That people like. The end.

Edited by joemailey

I'm starting to think that you're one of those people who will use a less known brand of MP3 player, and claim that it's better than the more mainstream ones even though say.. the controls take quite considerable amount of time to learn how to use.

Reminds me of my friend who claims iPods are inferior to his Creative Zen. Whenever I'm in his car I try to use it but can't figure out how to do anything and end up queuing up his entire library or something crazy, which really irritates him.

You should never let the popularity of something affect your opinion on a product, forget the iSheep bulls**t, if it's good and it does what you want in a user-friendly way, then everything is fine, nothing to worry about.

Android is all well and good, but the general public are clearly retarded and all buy/use the same thing without looking at alternatives- which is probably one of the reasons why Windows is so popular ;)

Edited by hotdog963al

The fact is no phone actually sucks.

As somewhere someone will most likely love it and love what is does. Because it suits them. May not suit me, but because it doesn't suit me doesn't mean it is a crap phone. So I'm just bored and fed up annoying about an iPhone. It is a phone. That people like. The end.

What about that phone that looked like a lipstick and to text you had to cycle through characters. Tell me that wasn't a crap phone :)

spaceball.gif

I'm starting to think that you're one of those people who will use a less known brand of MP3 player, and claim that it's better than the more mainstream ones even though say.. the controls take quite considerable amount of time to learn how to use.

Reminds me of my friend who claims iPods are inferior to his Creative Zen. Whenever I'm in his car I try to use it but can't figure out how to do anything and end up queuing up his entire library or something crazy, which really irritates him.

Maybe your friend means the zen offers far superior sound quality to the ipod - which is clearly true. It's fair enough to say that the most important factor for a device that plays music is audio quality.

Although I will concede that Apple have changed the way listen to and buy music, and somewhat taken the focus away from audio quality in favour of instant convenience and availability.

As a long time Machead, I don't care for the people who buy Macs just because they have had a resurgence of 'cool', I bought them before they were cool to own.

Personally, I feel sorry for the people who are using an iPhone with a PC, it's just not the same experience as it is with a Mac, but to each their own.

The question I'd like to ask the OP is when he see Android phones everywhere is he going to be sick of them aswell?

I suppose they have an advantage in that it will be run on different handsets but the principle is the same.

As for the first generation iphone, yes it was lacking in features, but really what did people expect when it was apples first phone and they brough out a new device that wiped the floor with the GUI of phone manufacturers who have being doing it for over 10 years plus, this really shouldn't say how good the iphone was but really how pathetic previous phone OS were and how we allowed them to get away with offering such usable dross.

If it wasn't for the iphone we would still be using inadequate user interfaces, for that we should all praise the iphone.

Now we reach the point where I would only ever consider two phones, an iphone or an android, but for me the android is lacking a bit of polish, its still got away to go, probs android 3 it will get there, its not really the phone but the 3rd party apps, the tend to look a bit amauterish compared to some iphone apps, maybe thats just down to the SDK, but to keep in front, Apple needs to continue building on the app store as this moment it is its big advantage.

It should also be including movies on normal dvds that are iphone optomised.

Another question, without the iphone, would android exist?

Android is all well and good, but the general public are clearly retarded and all buy/use the same thing without looking at alternatives- which is probably one of the reasons why Windows is so popular ;)

That has to be one of the most ignorant and stupid posts I have ever read, if anything that applies more to the iPhone than anything else.

Love my iPhone, it is sooo much better than Windows Mobile phones!

Sure a lot of people have one, I'm not fussed, they choose a good phone.

When the next best thing comes out, I might move to that, but at the moment the iPhone just rules!

If Google keeps up the pace of UI improvements on Android (at least stock UI, HTC Sense is retarded), Apple's gonna be left in the dust pretty quickly, if it wasn't for their goddamn brand appeal.

If Google keeps up the pace of UI improvements on Android (at least stock UI, HTC Sense is retarded), Apple's gonna be left in the dust pretty quickly, if it wasn't for their goddamn brand appeal.

We will have to wait and see on that. Android has good and bad points on the way it is marketed, it gets on more devices but there is little control of it,

Apart from the HTC Hero, most of them are using the default Android UI, and although the Android UI may not be quiet as slick and have as much bling as the iPhone's UI, it is just as usable in my opinion.

The amusing thing is though, that from scratch in 2 years Google already have a phone OS that is way ahead of Windows Mobile, and Symbian despite the fact that they where the first smartphone OSes to be mass marketed, and have had years of headstart.

The people that hate on the iPhone are even more retarded than the so-called 'sheep'.

You simply cannot talk crap about the iPhone because it is popular - if so, you're pretty much saying you're cooler/better because you have some new understated equipment the masses haven't latched onto yet - which is pretty much admitting that you follow fashion; you don't like something because it is good/useful, but because it is 'undiscovered'.

If you think the iPhone doesn't have that many good features, then good for you. A lot of people who have one (me included) have it for reasons other than mere specs. There's no point having 1TB of RAM in your phone if the UI and general experience sucks (as is the current issue with Windows Mobile, IMHO).

As for Android, it's come a long way in a short time - but then, so has the iPhone. Like it or hate it, the iPhone did really pioneer features we now take for granted in a phone - by this I mean implementing features in a USEFUL and THOUGHTFUL way, not just throwing it in for the sake of saying there is something new but not planning its use properly (as happened in the case of many phones).

Even if I didn't own an iPhone, I would still have respect for Apple for really sticking it to the big mobile manufacturers to pull out their fingers and start working on true innovation, not just incremental spec increases.

So no, I'm not sick of the iPhone. It provided a MASSIVE stimulus to the market to get things where they are now - no it wasn't the first to do many things, but it WAS the first to really push for consumer-oriented experiences and true innovation.

Before hating on me: disagreeing with me for siding with Apple doesn't automatically make you cool.

We will have to wait and see on that. Android has good and bad points on the way it is marketed, it gets on more devices but there is little control of it,

That's why I'm glad that there's a definitive Google Phone, i.e. the Nexus One. Sadly, the average customer doesn't give a damn. The only other Android phones, apart from the Dream/Magic variants, that come with the stock UI are the Motorola ones (Moto Blur is still mostly stock). Everyone else is hammering custom UIs onto the phones.

I don't hate the iPhone, or people that use it. But I know a couple of people I work with that bought them just because they were the latest phones out, and they NEEDED the latest phone. I actually pity those people that think they NEED the latest phone/computer etc. At the minute I am using a Nokia 7100 Supernova and also have a Motorola Razr - and I spend about ?5.00 per month on them.

I have a mobile just so people can contact me if needed. I don't need to be in constant touch with people 24 hours a day.

The people that hate on the iPhone are even more retarded than the so-called 'sheep'.

You simply cannot talk crap about the iPhone because it is popular - if so, you're pretty much saying you're cooler/better because you have some new understated equipment the masses haven't latched onto yet - which is pretty much admitting that you follow fashion; you don't like something because it is good/useful, but because it is 'undiscovered'.

If you think the iPhone doesn't have that many good features, then good for you. A lot of people who have one (me included) have it for reasons other than mere specs. There's no point having 1TB of RAM in your phone if the UI and general experience sucks (as is the current issue with Windows Mobile, IMHO).

As for Android, it's come a long way in a short time - but then, so has the iPhone. Like it or hate it, the iPhone did really pioneer features we now take for granted in a phone - by this I mean implementing features in a USEFUL and THOUGHTFUL way, not just throwing it in for the sake of saying there is something new but not planning its use properly (as happened in the case of many phones).

Even if I didn't own an iPhone, I would still have respect for Apple for really sticking it to the big mobile manufacturers to pull out their fingers and start working on true innovation, not just incremental spec increases.

So no, I'm not sick of the iPhone. It provided a MASSIVE stimulus to the market to get things where they are now - no it wasn't the first to do many things, but it WAS the first to really push for consumer-oriented experiences and true innovation.

Before hating on me: disagreeing with me for siding with Apple doesn't automatically make you cool.

What features exactly did Apple pioneer apart from the App Store and the multitouch pinch gesture? I mean Android had support for MMS straight away, and that only finally came into the iPhone properly a few months back. I an mot hating on you, but I don't really see anything majorly revolutionary with the iPhone apart from the app store, the rest of the phone is just reuse of existing tech that happens to be knitted together in a reasonable fashion. For me, the technical limitations of the iPhone make it unattractive for me.

I have a mobile just so people can contact me if needed. I don't need to be in constant touch with people 24 hours a day.

I have it so I can run my business, get proper emails, view web pages properly so I can accept pending accounts, hell with a plugins I can now control certain functions of a webserver and get reports.

What features exactly did Apple pioneer apart from the App Store and the multitouch pinch gesture?

They made everything usable, instead of either a useless interface or a desktop OS squeezed onto a 3 inch screen.

So.. what has Android pioneered?

That's why I'm glad that there's a definitive Google Phone, i.e. the Nexus One. Sadly, the average customer doesn't give a damn. The only other Android phones, apart from the Dream/Magic variants, that come with the stock UI are the Motorola ones (Moto Blur is still mostly stock). Everyone else is hammering custom UIs onto the phones.

The way Apple is going to have to beat Google is by the app store and itunes music and videos, at the moment the videos are too expensive, ?10.99 for a download movie? more expensive then a DVD? who are so movie producers trying to kid. But if Apple can get them to produce iphone movies integrated into every dvd or blueray then that would be a great leap forward, some started to do it with records.

The Nexus one is a great start, its when they start the customer UI and certains not working on all phones where the issue is going to be.

But its strange praising Android for what they have produced, when Apple has done the same if not more as without the iPhone, the android might not exist and its still playing catchup.

Haven't tried an Android based phone, but it is the best phone I have ever used.

I just wish people would work out how to add ringtones. I always laugh when someones phone rings and a load of people go for their phone :)

They made everything usable, instead of either a useless interface or a desktop OS squeezed onto a 3 inch screen.

So.. what has Android pioneered?

Exactly. Even if you don't like the iPhone, you have to admit it's pretty darn easy to use.

So what do you prefer, great UI - or fancy specs you can't really use?

Like I said, no point having 1TB of RAM in your phone if you can't make the most of it. Even if I found buried treasure with a Windows Mobile with 1TB of RAM and a 10GHz processor, I'd still pass it up for an iPhone - gladly.

I want to USE my phone - not fap over an unusable cocktail of microprocessors and memory chips.