F1 World Championship 2010 Thread

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructors Cup?

• McLaren
    • Mercedes GP
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • Williams
    • Renault
    • Force India
    • Toro Rosso
    • Lotus
    • Campos
    • US
    • Virgin
  2. 2. Who will be the world champion this year?

• Jenson Button
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Michael Schumacher
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Felipe Massa
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Rubens Barrichello
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Robert Kubica
    • Vitaly Petrov
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Vitantonio Liuzzi
    • Sebastien Buemi
    • Jaime Alguersuari
    • Jarno Trulli
    • Heikki Kovalainen
    • Bruno Senna
    • Jose Maria Lopez
  3. 3. Who will be the world champion this year? Continued

• Timo Glock
    • Lucas di Grassi
    • VOID VOTE (Because of Neowin's restrictions, select this if you choose not to select the above two drivers

What a boring race :l lol Vettel must have been crapping it... Going into every corner knowing his brakes might fail!

However... vettel was only 2 seconds a lap slower coasting/engine breaking... Aren't the virgins/lotus's about 2-3 seconds a lap slower... O.o

it looks more and more that alonso might luck into his 3rd worldchampionship this year. :blink: :(

hamilton has just badluck all the time - im amazed how relaxed he still is.

the same goes for vettel.

i have big problems to see anything positive in that race, well maybe shueys 4th place is the good thing. :yes:

starting grid for tomorrows race:

monacox.jpg

what happened to Alonso ? Didn't even set a time in Q1.

Crashed his car in the practise before qualifying and they couldnt fix it in time before qualifying.

He'll be starting the race from the pitland

Good result for Webber, was hoping for a little more from Hamilton, but all in all a great race. SC made it very interesting. Good job by Kubica and Vettel (at least his car held together!).

I think MSC will run into problems, one of the rules states that if the SC car pulls in on the last lap, the cars will pass the chequered flag without overtaking, so although it seemed legit, think he might get stung for that.

I think MSC will run into problems, one of the rules states that if the SC car pulls in on the last lap, the cars will pass the chequered flag without overtaking, so although it seemed legit, think he might get stung for that.

Stupid rule in my opinion.

Exciting race nevertheless. Sucks for Button thought. :(

If Red Bull wont win championship this year I will be really surprised.

^ Noticed that quite early on, didn't seem to be doing much with it, possibly a bit of advertisement :p

Just heard Ross Brawn's evidence he's going to put forth, seems quite solid, I hope MSC maintains his place.

Webber had a brilliant race, held it together from start to finish. Shame about Button going out so early, would of liked to see him up there in the points this weekend.

Also here's to hoping MSC can keep 6th place over Alonso. (Y)

what a race. the first few laps had it in when alonso had to fight against backmarkers.

then there was a long boredom.

what i saw was a very strong redbull team, and especially webber, it was not their last 1-2 this year.

i also noticed that - given clean air - massa was lapping constantly between 0.4s and 1.1s a lap faster than his teammate which makes me happy as i know he still has it to beat alonso :)

best overtaking scene was the last corner from schumacher. SUPERB!!! now we can really say he is back. there is no way for a penalty, cause SC line is NOT the start/finish line as it used to be many years ago. so cars were free to race the last few meters.

schumi did everything right and alonso cooked it up again.

Regarding the last corner pass by MSC - it should be within the rules. Ballsy move in any case.

Perfect drive by Webber; one can only wonder how far ahead he would have been without the SC phases.

Reject of the race: The McLaren mechanic who forgot to remove the cover from Button's car. Tsk...

Regarding the last corner pass by MSC - it should be within the rules. Ballsy move in any case.

Perfect drive by Webber; one can only wonder how far ahead he would have been without the SC phases.

Reject of the race: The McLaren mechanic who forgot to remove the cover from Button's car. Tsk...

His drive was pretty perfect, can't argue with his quality. Although Maclaren are my favourite team, I want to see Webber win more races, possibly the championship, god knows he deserves it, he's been in F1 for 8 years now, and its only been since his move to Red Bull that he's been able to shine. Like Button last year, just shows that if you give him a decent car, he'll get the job done.

Lolage at the Maclaren mechanic, think he'll get in trouble for that.

The other thing I was wondering is if Rubens will get in trouble for throwing his wheel into the path of oncoming traffic?

His drive was pretty perfect, can't argue with his quality. Although Maclaren are my favourite team, I want to see Webber win more races, possibly the championship, god knows he deserves it, he's been in F1 for 8 years now, and its only been since his move to Red Bull that he's been able to shine. Like Button last year, just shows that if you give him a decent car, he'll get the job done.

Lolage at the Maclaren mechanic, think he'll get in trouble for that.

The other thing I was wondering is if Rubens will get in trouble for throwing his wheel into the path of oncoming traffic?

I would love to see Webber get somewhere this year, as long as they keep up the pace and sort reliability they should be okay. I wouldn't mind seeing him keep his seat at Red Bull or at least picking up a decent drive next year.

As for Button, I was listening to the commentary and a BBC reporter/commentator actually saw it prior to the race start and told Buttons engineer, but they didn't take any action on it (They called it "marginal" I believe) and then it was too late. He'd have dropped a few spots and got some points, as opposed to none at all.

The stewards report for this race will be a bit full even without Rubens throwing his steering wheel into traffic.

I would love to see Webber get somewhere this year, as long as they keep up the pace and sort reliability they should be okay. I wouldn't mind seeing him keep his seat at Red Bull or at least picking up a decent drive next year.

As for Button, I was listening to the commentary and a BBC reporter/commentator actually saw it prior to the race start and told Buttons engineer, but they didn't take any action on it (They called it "marginal" I believe) and then it was too late. He'd have dropped a few spots and got some points, as opposed to none at all.

The stewards report for this race will be a bit full even without Rubens throwing his steering wheel into traffic.

Yeah, they were gonna run with the part still in, but the safety car slowed down the race, causing the engine to heat up because it didn't get enough airflow. Still, that part shouldn't have been left in there at all....

Would LOVE to read the stewarts report!

20 second penalty for schumacher. official.

today f1 really died. fia is doing everything to keep unfairnando alonso in the championship race despite his permanent screw ups. :crazy: :angry:

wow. There were green flags dammit. Safety car clearly turned it's lights off. How is this finish under safety car is beyond me...

Rule 16.3 stipulates that any investigation by the stewards must go in the favour of Ferrari regardless of any other rules :ninja:

Michael Schumacher has been handed a 20-second penalty for having overtaken Fernando Alonso on the final corner of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Mercedes GP driver passed Alonso just as the safety car had left the circuit on the final lap, and stewards deemed the race was still finishing under the safety car.

Under rule 40.13, which states that "if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking," Schumacher has been given a penalty.

The German, who had passed Alonso for sixth, drops down to 12th, meaning Toro Rosso's Sebastien Buemi's scores the final point for 10th.

Source: Autosport

i hope mercedes appeals this.

Rules apply to everyone, even for an old timer like MSC...

Excellent race from Alonso, great show. Started last from pit out of 24 cars and finished 6th, not even MSC has beaten that in his years in a circuit such as Monaco.