Edit grace period updated

Everyone can now edit their posts and topic tile/description for 45 minutes and decide to add the "Edited by" line. This means "edit" won't display if you immediately edit typos and choose not to display it.

People who abuse this feature will be moved into "Restricted (no edit)" group which doesn't allow any editing after posting.

People who abuse this feature will be moved into "Restricted (no edit)" group which doesn't allow any editing after posting.

How would it be abused, just wondering, would it be that someone would troll on about how they havent posted something because there was no 'edit' line in the message stating that they had?

If someone gets in a temper and decides to edit topic titles after 30-40mins etc..

Believe me, we have to account for EVERYTHING.

If someone gets in a temper and decides to edit topic titles after 30-40mins etc..

Believe me, we have to account for EVERYTHING.

Is it not worth dropping it down to like 10 minutes then? Why have a 45 minute edit time if you get in trouble for editing after 30-40 minutes to something else, or perhaps unable to edit after someone has replied?

Im not fussed tbh, just curious.

So basically, if someone makes a post when angry, you think it is wrong if they realise their mistake and correct it? :/

Sigh.. believe it or not, people edit their topic titles and posts if they get negative reactions from other members, which could put them in trouble.

OK?

Oh it's going from good title to a bad one, not the other way around - I certainly misunderstood :)

EDIT: I saw your edit Neobond *Jaws theme*

LOL thanks, it's been a long day.

Sigh.. believe it or not, people edit their topic titles and posts if they get negative reactions from other members, which could put them in trouble.

OK?

I didn't debate that people could post topics with negative titles, if they where genuinely attempting to troll then by all means they should be warned, but I do also feel that someone who has made a genuine mistake should be able to correct it.

Edit: Wait a minute, this was about deliberately editing a good title to make it a bad one? Well I can't imagine why the hell someone would want to do that but I guess that is also warn worthy, sorry if I misunderstood

Edit: Wait a minute, this was about deliberately editing a good title to make it a bad one? Well I can't imagine why the hell someone would want to do that but I guess that is also warn worthy, sorry if I misunderstood

You'd be very, very, very surprised at the level of immaturity that has presented itself in the past.

You'd be very, very, very surprised at the level of immaturity that has presented itself in the past.

If people are childish enough to do crap like that they shouldn't even be using Internet forums :laugh:

Thanks Neobond. It should help the Mods too. They wont need to help us do everything. I mean if we mistakenly typed the title or content wrongly, we can edit it, instead of us requesting that they do it.

What about the ability for subscribers to edit the first post of their topics?

Ah yes, I'm not sure if that's a hack.. can you confirm if that doesn't work?