Do you like Apple's iPad?

Do you like Apple's Ipad?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Apple's Ipad?

• No
    • Yes
    • Might like it later

Over sized iphone. This shows clearly how Apple knows that whatever crap they can come up with that uses the "i" infront of the name and the apple logo in the back, is going to be loved by millions. Not me though ^_^

Not that i don't like it but i don't get it i guess. If i have to bring a bag to carry this thing then why wouldn't i just carry my laptop in said bag instead? If it were small enough to be pocket friendly then ok but that's the iPhone already so i dunno whistle.gif

Not really, it's just a glorified iPod with a couple of extra features, and what the hell is with the rediculous icon spacing :/

I agree. I love how they use the term revolutionary so lightly, and they consider it affordable. It's neither of those in my book.

What would have made the iPad better?

Multi-tasking, integrated phone functions (3G model only), built in SD card slots, slight Rubber trim for gripping, cameras front and back, voice activation, UI Customisation (beyond wallpaper)

What would have made me buy an iPad?

Slimmed down Windows 7, integrated Zune HD UI and syncing for media, open access to apps, as well as app-store, rubber trim for grip, stylus and handwriting recognition, SD Card Slots, USB Ports, UI Themes (Aero Glass colours and wallpapers), wi-fi built in with optional ethernet dongle, and multi-tasking.

Its a big iPhone. Thats pretty much it. IMO Apple are filling a space in the market which didn't really exist. Anyone wanting something light to travel with chooses a Macbook Air, whilst others use the iPhone.

I reckon Apple will pull this in 2/3 years.

Whats up with the Bezel, looks like a giant picture frame

Slimmed down Windows 7, integrated Zune HD UI and syncing for media, open access to apps, as well as app-store, rubber trim for grip, stylus and handwriting recognition, SD Card Slots, USB Ports, UI Themes (Aero Glass colours and wallpapers), wi-fi built in with optional ethernet dongle, and multi-tasking.

I think youll find that is the technological point for about how slim things can get at this stage. That being said, you should hold onto this post because I suspect some of this you will be able to regurgiate when the HP slate launches. The other thing which I think will dissappoint consumers or come as a surprise is the battery life. The beta testers whose nda's have ended are reporting for ebooks you get plenty of juice, gaming, wifi, movies your down to the standard 2-3hrs battery life.

Multi-tasking, integrated phone functions (3G model only), built in SD card slots, slight Rubber trim for gripping, cameras front and back, voice activation, UI Customisation (beyond wallpaper)

Is this a joke?

Guys, I didn't like the pictures on Neowin of the iPad and I also do not like Apple's false advertising. But the iPad has several new apps, and takes advantage of multi-touch gestures that are completely new. The screen is very sensitive, and has an IPS display which is what I love about my 24" iMac and it's also a LED display. That big bezel is for putting your big fingers, and when you think about it, to make the iPad sensitive to movement, it had to be really light. So to make it really light, they made it really thin, and they needed that big bezel, and the bezel is very nice anyway since you need to hold it someway, I don't want to hold it and accidentally pause a game or submit a post, etc. It is a great fit. The apps look great, and it has the same speed as a computer as far as loading webpages, it doesn't load webpages like a mobile phone.

You guys need to watch the video on their website and see the features and all for yourself. Looks like a great device. Personally though, I hate the buttons and all used in the iPod and iTunes apps, terrible, epic fail.

that promo video was annoying. all those fancy positive wordings, and big smiles. its like there was a giant bag of money for them on the other side of the camera.

i liked that guy talking about the A4 processor or whatever. ooooo 1ghz.

then they show all these pictures and books and movies you can store on it. 64gb? lol i dont think so.

its just an ipod, but bigger. but, for what it is, its pretty cool. but i dont see it replacing anything i dont already have.

i wont change my mind.

i hate it.

I cant believe they made it like this.

I had something else in mind.

the design is not bad. But the interface is just unacceptable.

I was thinking this will be something like a netbook alternative.

well i guess they did most of it on perpose.

next year we will see a Ipad with camera. then one with a flat back or something..

that promo video was annoying. all those fancy positive wordings, and big smiles. its like there was a giant bag of money for them on the other side of the camera.

i liked that guy talking about the A4 processor or whatever. ooooo 1ghz.

then they show all these pictures and books and movies you can store on it. 64gb? lol i dont think so.

its just an ipod, but bigger. but, for what it is, its pretty cool. but i dont see it replacing anything i dont already have.

The Nexus one has a 1GHZ CPU and it's a fraction of the iPad's size :laugh:

I'm with those that think neither Apple or Windows OEMs realized that they will create much more confusion with the users creating a gap between smart phones and notebooks/netbooks that didn't even exist. The iPad is nice but it lacks several features any user should want in device like this: Hand-writing recognition, card reader, Multi-tasking and more. The Windows ones at least are offering these.

I will take a netbook, or as I prefer, a small and thin notebook with me instead of a slate device anytime.

I like it yes but will I buy one? No.

This is my answer, also.

I see what you did there. ;) :laugh:

yeah, i seem to agree with the majority. whilst i like my apple stuff i just dont see who this is aimed at. it's too limited for professionals and not portable enough for casual users.

not powerful enough to replace desktop/laptop, yet to big to replace (smart)phone.

too big for a music player.

not good as video player (aspect ratio)

...etc

i can only see this device being bought by die hard apple enthusiasts or people with too much spare change, and then it becoming a device that you use frequently for a week, oooh and aaaah at it, then put n a cupboard because you realise that your laptop and smartphone combination does all the things it does, only better.

I like it, but that doesn't mean I will be buying it. Just like the iPhone/iPod Touch, it will need to be jailbroken to have everything the way it should be (multi-tasking, etc).

real question should be do you like the hardware/software....love the hardware minus the ugly *ss bezel..hate the software though....if this thing was hackable it would be a bargin imho...im sure it uses efi and all that other proprietary apple crap though

I don't see the point, especially for people who are already owners of an iPod Touch or iPhone. I mean, besides the larger screen I can't see any use for it. But, I'm sure someone will find some use for it ha

real question should be do you like the hardware/software....love the hardware minus the ugly *ss bezel..hate the software though....if this thing was hackable it would be a bargin imho...im sure it uses efi and all that other proprietary apple crap though

It runs on an ARM CPU, so the only thing that may run on it is a form of linux distro.

if you meant jailbreaking, I'm sure it will happen.