Do you like Apple's iPad?

Do you like Apple's Ipad?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Apple's Ipad?

• No
    • Yes
    • Might like it later

I don't like it...I LOVE it! I love browsing the internet while watching TV. The games are fantastic on it, considering I like casual games. And this would be great for school when textbook publishers put out textbooks for college. This thing has got great potential.

Everyone I talk to who bought an iPad says they love it. And those who think it's a useless product, they're the ones who thinks every product Apple put out must have everything that fits their needs. USB ports, disc drives, hard drives, bigger screen, flash, front 3 MP camera, back 5 MP camera, 12 hour battery life, toaster, (I can go on and on)...get a laptop. Just because a device doesn't fit your needs, doesn't mean it sucks.

I'm gonna get a 32GB 3G as soon as I get the cash.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I have iPhones, I have a MBP, she has a MB, as well as having the Win7 Ultimate desktop I'm posting this on. While I think iPads are neat in a novel sort of way, I can't think of a situation where I would want to use one.

So, I voted 'maybe later', since right now it seems rather half-baked.

For now it's an early adopter thing and IMO a device that size needs multitasking (which is coming this fall). But they're selling like hot cakes and that'll definitely improve as they add new features.

I voted no, and don't get me wrong it looks awesome, but, I don't like to be told what I am going to run on my mobile devices!!!!

I voted no, and don't get me wrong it looks awesome, but, I don't like to be told what I am going to run on my mobile devices!!!!

I like the ipad, just not the limitations and restrictions that come with it.

I like it for a $100

Maybe $200....

Maybe $200....

Sure if you like to pay more :p

Sony's cost around $130 so that's be more appropriate price range.

Do I like it? Yeah sure I do.

Would I buy one? No I wouldn't.

I think it's a neat niche toy, but it doesn't do anything that a netbook or laptop can't do and then some. And it's so very expensive... I can't see myself buying one. I've also read too many horror stories of "I spent $800 on this thing and now I hardly use it, ugh!"

Also, I completely cracked up at the website: "A magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price" -- magical, indeed! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Like many other here I like iPad but the cost isn't worth the product. I was ready to buy thing but the I decided to buy a camcoder (which will last be more that iPad ever will).

Well after trying one out yesterday I can thoroughly say that I see why Apple are saying it's so magical. Just holding it feels awesome, and using it feels so natural and right. Apple really have perfected it here and made iPhone OS what it was meant to be. The screen size of the iPhone is too limiting for such an awesome thing like multitouch so this was a great direction for Apple to take.

I tried typing on the iPad and it feels fine, I put it down on the stand and started typing away just as I do on my PC and it was no problem, maybe the odd mistake but I could touch type straight away, no issues, holding shift and everything!

You know what, I'd love one, I really would, but I can't justify owning one as such won't buy one.

No, its a big iPhone/iTouch will less features. The things that should become standard, are not included so people will need to shell out an extra $500+ in a year when v2 is released. I guess thats how Apple makes their $$$. People are so loyal and caught up in the hype that they will pay again for the new model. Plus, I like the ability to have removable components.

My dislike for Apple aside, I would wait until later in the year since Android/Win7 tablets are in the works before you buy anything.

Haven't managed to play with one yet, seen one through a glass screen though.

I'll be getting one for business (yeah right) in a few weeks.

Its a big iPhone. Thats pretty much it. IMO Apple are filling a space in the market which didn't really exist.

Hi Max Trademark,

With how the iPad is selling, I'm not sure how you're reasoning there.

The infamous Apple drones purchasing again? Well, regardless who is, there is still obviously a market.

Also, I'm pretty sure those saying it's an oversized iPhone haven't actually used one, but formed an opinion anyway. It's like saying using a netbook gives the same experience and workflow as on a computer with a 20" display.

I use mine every day. It replaced all my books, newspapers, paper magazines, paper documents, recipes and my agenda. I now have one digital book for everything. Less paper in house now.

Imo the iPhone or iPod Touch simply suck for this kind of things because of the small screen.