Need a digital camera with macro

I'm looking for a digital camera that:

1. supports macro mode, this will be used specifically for taking pictures of text/serial numbers/etc

2. uses a battery pack and comes with AC adapter charger (no AA/AAA batteries)

3. uses SD cards (added for ****s and giggles, I'm pretty sure every camera does this)

I am using HP R725 now but this thing requires extreme effort to get macro mode right and I'm getting tired of it, not to mention it's leaving green "surprises" on the image files.

price range? Do you want a point and shoot or a DSLR? Obviously a DSLR will be the highest quality. Otherwise if you want a point and shoot, I'd look for any canon SDXXXX series that has macro mode.

Well, you can always get a DSLR and a Macro lens and that would be the best solution imaginable but it'd cost you at least some $600 (Sony Alpha A230 + Sony 30mm f/2.8 MACRO, this is the cheapest 1:1 MACRO setup I think you can get new on a DSLR), however from your current gear I presume you are looking for this in a P&S camera.

What is your budget?

Definitely don't need DSLR. I'm hoping to stay around $100, it just needs to be the regular point and shoot digital camera. Something better than the HP R725 I have, it randomly spazzes out in macro mode and gives VERY fuzzy pictures.

off topic, cheap macro on sony! Do canikon have anything macro below $200?

On topic, like crazzy recommends the Canon SDXXXX series, also some of the new fujifilm with the new superCCD backlit are around 100ish.