Kinetix63 set to vet

It had been a long time coming :( Paul has a new job (for quite a few months already) that sees him travel all over the UK. This leaves very little time to dedicate to the site and he'd already asked to be demoted before, but it was denied (by me) because I suggested that his work might settle down and afford him the time around here at a later date.

Anyway, he has been set to Veteran with the understanding that his place on the Supervisor team is there for him should his situation change anytime in the future. He'll still be attending Neowindex in October to celebrate our 10 years online, and remains a part of the family that is Neowin.

At present there is no real need for a replacement, since we have 4 EU Admins and 2 UK based Supervisors.

good luck with future stuff (Y)

Life > Internet

(I swear I commented a thread just like this last night!)

I think so too, was it started by either Barney or Colin-UK?

Bad bad Neobond, now u need to merge these threads! Haha Just kidding dont ban me lol.

Huh I thought I posted in this thread yesterday? :blink:

Or was a new one made?

Huh I thought I posted in this thread yesterday? :blink:

Or was a new one made?

New one was made.

First one was actually just more for staff to know first, just was posted in wrong section then moved.

It happens. We are indeed humans. :laugh:

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody! I guess I'll have to change my signature! It's been a great ride but with work how it is I just don't have the time to dedicate that Neowin deserves.

Maybe one day I shall once again hold the awesome power of the ban hammer, but until the I look forward to seeing you around the site!

And yes, there was a thread last night but Barney meant to put it in the uber secret staff announcements forum, not the public one so he moved it ;-)

?

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody! I guess I'll have to change my signature! It's been a great ride but with work how it is I just don't have the time to dedicate that Neowin deserves.

Maybe one day I shall once again hold the awesome power of the ban hammer, but until the I look forward to seeing you around the site!

And yes, there was a thread last night but Barney meant to put it in the uber secret staff announcements forum, not the public one so he moved it ;-)

Q: Will you still be around occasionally on the forums or is this more of a hiatus. Just wondering. Good luck with all your endeavors!

Good luck with your endeavours, and here's hoping to see you back as staff in the future.

It's possible things might change, but at the moment I have no idea when! We're looking at introducing another product which would end up making me office rather than field based, but when, or even IF, we do it, I don't yet know. I'll still be posting around the forums now and then, but just when time allows really.

Sad to see this happen but a full-time job on the field - or even behind a desk - leaves little time for internet/forum usage. I've found out myself. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I missed this. I may be a bit late, but hopefully you'll still see this message, kinetix63 :)

I just wanted to say thanks for everything when I was brought on - you were the first staff member I properly spoke to (after Shane's PM) and you made me feel very welcome :D You're a great guy and it was nice being on staff with ya! The banter was class and the chats were enjoyable. Good luck with the job. I'm sure we'll keep in touch and hopefully you'll be able to re-join the staff team at some point (Y) :happy: