x000 post, welcome, and other simular threads.

I do like these threads dispite other people hating them so much because they think that they only serve to raise post count

well how about count-locking these type of threads as a neowin policy, i think that it's better that way, everyone likes it because it's not "spam" and you still get to post a welcome/thankyou/congrats :yes:

why not just make 1 big thread and pin it in the general discussion saying, "The big thread of posts i've done!" and one that says "Welcome to neowin" something like that.

does a thread NEED to be created on this topic every week? god

yep

cos now you are post-count locking them people need to get their posts some how ;) ;)

why not just make 1 big thread and pin it in the general discussion saying, "The big thread of posts i've done!" and one that says "Welcome to neowin" something like that.

no, not that

We have been postcount locking these kinds of threads...

Good move already been done anyway. Just to keep everyone fair and happy.

rage: isn't that what keldyn said? :blink:

yeah, but how else was he supposed to get a post in this thread?

I think much less x000 and 'hi im new' threads will be made now, and less people posting congrats in them because they are post count locked

Why not make a general discussion forum specially designed for these tpyes of threads and it could also be home to "post your" threads, you could then countlock the forum (correct?) and then everyone wins, people can make their threads and those who dont want to seem them dont have 2.

I miss "post your" threads... :'(

Why not make a general discussion forum specially designed for these tpyes of threads

this has been suggested sooo many times...not that its a terrible idea, but it doesnt look like its gonna happen...the x000 post threads are normally well labeled and can be avoided.. yeah sometimes they take up the recent posts list, but you or whoever will get over it eventually.. i really dont see why its such a big deal.

I know they are well labelled but that doesnt stop people from whing about them "Oh god not another one of these threads". If there was a dedicated forum they wouldnt have any excuse to go itno it as they would know what to expect.

If there was a dedicated forum they wouldnt have any excuse to go itno it as they would know what to expect. 

A lot of people dont read specific forums, but search for active posts.

rage: isn't that what keldyn said? :blink:

No. Rage means that they should post count lock the topics being created asking about posting 1000th achivement threads.

A lot of people dont read specific forums, but search for active posts.

Their stupidity then, they surely wont be able to criticise though unless to say "Youve posted in the wrong forum" I think my idea is perfect and i defy anyone to try and prove its not.

empty: having that, it would lose its novelty for someone who has just got 1000 posts, because if the dedicated forum was post count locked, no one would post in it anymore, well no where near as much people.

Just for the record, I dont have a problem with x000th and 'hi im new' threads ;)

this thread has gone out of proportion, i like x000th and 'hi im new' threads, i support them fully. they belong in GD, and no where else but GD. All that I want is for them not to contribute to total post count so "congrats" can't be mis-interpreted as spam ;)

this thread has gone out of proportion, i like x000th and 'hi im new' threads, i support them fully. they belong in GD, and no where else but GD. All that I want is for them not to contribute to total post count so "congrats" can't be mis-interpreted as spam ;)

i totally agree. sometimes people flat out say "congrats! this helped me get 1 closer to my next milestone! :p". why not just post count lock them...then anyone who wants to say congrats to a neowin buddy can and the threads dont stick around as long because people arent spamming them.

i totally agree. sometimes people flat out say "congrats! this helped me get 1 closer to my next milestone! :p". why not just post count lock them...then anyone who wants to say congrats to a neowin buddy can and the threads dont stick around as long because people arent spamming them.

Ok....

1. Go to gen disc. and find a x000th post thread.

2. Look at the title..

3. Do you see the italic wording.

If its italic then its postcount locked.

They have been postcount locking these types milestone posts even before this thread was created.

ok....

1.i was saying i agree with post count locking them

2.even if i was asking a question, no need to be a dick about it

3.thank you soooo much for letting me know that italics mean the thread is post count locked. its only been announced a few times and asked (and answered) on this thread, but its always great to have someone there to remind me. your smartass reply helped out a lot. thanks again!