Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I used to have this problem with BC2 until I got a new router.

Well then I think I may have found the problem. Just means I can't use WiFi in my room at Uni. Ah well :(

It's interesting, at home I used to be able to play perfectly fine, here I can't. And I have a much better connection here. :huh:

Make sure these ports are open on your router: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/924856-retail-bfbc2-ports.html

xnKrl.jpg

:p

1) You are on one of those 500-1000 ticket servers.

2) You are playing on Heavy Metal - a well known vehicle whoring map. Anyone can sit in the heli miles back and pound away getting easy kills.

3) Sorry to **** on your fire

Show me a score like that on a infantry only map, and then maybe I'll go "oo nice one" ;)

1) You are on one of those 500-1000 ticket servers.

2) You are playing on Heavy Metal - a well known vehicle whoring map. Anyone can sit in the heli miles back and pound away getting easy kills.

3) Sorry to **** on your fire

Show me a score like that on a infantry only map, and then maybe I'll go "oo nice one" ;)

Actually, I was blasting people away with my AT-4 and flanked the enemy team a few times, but I have no proof to show that; so whatever floats your boat, if you think I vehicle whored then I did, if not then I did not :p. Anyway, I suck at piloting vehicles, most of the time I just commit suicide trying to fly an apache or black hawk

nice score. but you did have one of the two lowest pings :whistle:

just messing with ya, nice score. i'm only commenting on the ping cause i work all over the place to the detriment of my connection speed relative to most people.

Anyway, I suck at piloting vehicles, most of the time I just commit suicide trying to fly an apache or black hawk

Same here, I've gotten used to the black hawk even though it feels like im a sitting duck whilst flying that. But the Apache... :no:

Letely ive gotten used to Apache and Havoc, not that hard after u spend and hour or two getting used to controls. Before tho I used to nosedive straight away as well. Tho on some "I can do this ****" occasions while trying to do tight circles around tanks and stuff I still tend to hit ground.

Letely ive gotten used to Apache and Havoc, not that hard after u spend and hour or two getting used to controls. Before tho I used to nosedive straight away as well. Tho on some "I can do this ****" occasions while trying to do tight circles around tanks and stuff I still tend to hit ground.

Hitting the ground isn't a problem if you hit it with the bottom of the helicopter. As soon as you realise you're coming towards the ground, immediately try and pull up. Personally, I have a bad habit of flying so erratically my team-mates find it difficult to shoot from the chopper. The only time I find the Hind, Havoc, and Apache really work for me is when I play with a friend, as I can tell him I'm going to start moving erratically or whatnot, and everything works that way.

I've recently been using the MG3 a ton. It's become my favorite LMG, and quite possibly my favorite weapon in the entire game.

Puhleeeze, mr. stacked team. :p jk

Why all the secrecy?

Couple of friends said they could spot my playing style from a mile away. And they know I frequent this forum along with some others (yes I cheat on Neowin :D), so me posting a screenie with my smurf name is giving the game away. My plan is to bust onto their clan server and see if they can tell :D

Ahhhaaa, that's epic. I've done a giant leap before when knifing. Nothing like that though. I once saw someone jump outside a house, hit the knife at the right time and the dude flew upwards and knife someone on the 1st floor of the house. That was pretty mad, tried lots of times to replicate that never succeeded though.

Lmao. That was great. Tho, how comes I dont ever get ragdolls like that? Not that Im complaining, but in my games no one goes flying.

how many map packs are there for BC2? am i missing something? only heard of Vietnam, which are great maps but so few people play on those.

how many map packs are there for BC2? am i missing something? only heard of Vietnam, which are great maps but so few people play on those.

I think there were six, in total (excluding Vietnam). Admittedly, most of them came in the form of an update for the game rather than something you could choose in the menus to download. It was basically a case of downloading the maps and playing online, or not downloading, and not getting online. The final map pack before Vietnam was released contained Harvest Day and Oasis for both Conquest and Rush, if I remember correctly.

If you want to count all DLC, there's also the Onslaught package. It's already on your game disc but you'll be charged 800MSP for the privilege of playing it unless you have the Ultimate Edition of the game. It contains some of the online maps, but they're played against bots instead. It's a unique new method of experiencing each map included in the deal, at least.

I believe there are 6-7 map packs that came out via patching and confirmation of VIP code.

There were never a map pack that you could pay off. Dice had confirmed that last year that noone will ever pay for map packs, they all need to have their VIP codes and map packs would download automatically.

thanks for clarifying that guys, that explains why i only have like five maps on my copy of BC2... (boxed reg 360 version)

Just got my 5th ban :D Normally I don't bother appealling these things, but this server is one of my favourite(s). So I'm having to appeal it, no idea if they'll believe me or not.

I suppose it does look odd when a Rank 20 (yay for smurfin') has made 70 odd kills with less than 20 deaths.

Fingers crossed!

Oh and nice to see you gkl :D

Oh and nice to see you gkl :D

You too :D

Was amusing seeing you run head on into enemies all the time every time.

I've been trying out bolt actions with the ACOG lately and it's quite fun actually. I feel much more productive with it than with the regular scope, but the kit itself seems to work best in SQDM or CQ.

You too :D

Was amusing seeing you run head on into enemies all the time every time.

Hhaaa, that's my style of play. I genuinely can NOT be arsed to camp it up with any class. I'd rather die a million times over (as you saw the other day what was I? Something like 6/20 hhaaa) than spend the round in the bushes and/or in a tank.