Yale Law Student Wants Government To Have Everybody's DNA

I'd say no. Our constitution bars the government from compelling a person to self-incrimination. So they wouldn't have the legal right to collect your DNA at birth in hopes of incriminatiing you in the future, imho.

Finally, someone that understands the constitution. I can't believe there are so many otherwise intelligent people that don't understand their rights. Thanks socialized education, aka indoctrination propaganda...

If you have nothing to hide then its not a problem.

This is the worst excuse ever for invasion of privacy. Do you mind if I tap your phone and read all your email for the next year? How about install cameras all over your house? If you got nothing to hide...

While you keep believing everything Glenn Beck tells you... Honestly I would rather believe Jones before I would Beck and I don't even trust Jones much at all. Regardless of whether I like Jones, he is a lot less biased than the CIA controlled MSM.

Lawl.. I don't watch or listen to that lunatic that is Glenn Beck.. he can get on the short bus and stay there. Alex Jones is a wacko.

This is the worst excuse ever for invasion of privacy. Do you mind if I tap your phone and read all your email for the next year? How about install cameras all over your house? If you got nothing to hide...

Then I wouldn't care. I wouldn't have anything to hide.

Then I wouldn't care. I wouldn't have anything to hide.

That makes you easy prey for the police state and dictators that run it. Have fun begging for your own families enslavement...

That makes you easy prey for the police state and dictators that run it. Have fun begging for your own families enslavement...

Lawl.. no. You have fun getting fitted for some more tin foil hats.

Finally, someone that understands the constitution. I can't believe there are so many otherwise intelligent people that don't understand their rights. Thanks socialized education, aka indoctrination propaganda...

dude if you want I will install a tap on my own phone and let you listen, I dont care, but your going to want to shoot your self afterwords

dude if you want I will install a tap on my own phone and let you listen, I dont care, but your going to want to shoot your self afterwords

Do you mind if I video tape your bathroom and/or bedroom. Knowing I'm watching you and your wife wouldn't bother you?

Do you mind if I video tape your bathroom and/or bedroom. Knowing I'm watching you and your wife wouldn't bother you?

Why would it bother him? You're not harming him in anyway. He could always cover the camera so you couldn't see them having sex.

well im not married, but sure dude go ahead, I have no bloody clue who you are, if I need privacy I can throw a sheet over it.

Once again your going to shoot your self after watching me, im rather annoying

Why would it bother him? You're not harming him in anyway. He could always cover the camera so you couldn't see them having sex.

Not if it was required by law. If it was mandatory I'm sure you'd get in trouble for blocking the view.

Besides, my point is that some us enjoy our privacy. It's not because we are commiting all kinds of crimes or something, it's simply because we like the right to privacy. If you like being recorded non-stop go on a reality show, I don't want that and I'm sure many people agree with me.

Not if it was required by law. If it was mandatory I'm sure you'd get in trouble for blocking the view.

its never going to be mandatory by law.

not to mention it would be physically impossible to watch even 1% of the population, you make it sound like if they tapped phones someone would be listeing at all times

not to mention it would be physically impossible to watch even 1% of the population, you make it sound like if they tapped phones someone would be listeing at all times

Not the point, the point is that we all have a right to privacy. If you want to let someone infringe upon that go ahead, but don't tell me I have to do the same. Never say never, they are already talking about putting them in "morally questionable" people's homes, next it's everyone. It's like boiling a frog, if you turn the heat up too fast they jump out.

300+ million americans... 1 billion + cameras... yeah.. doesn't sound so plausible now, does it S1k3st

300+ million americans... 1 billion + cameras... yeah.. doesn't sound so plausible now, does it S1k3st

that's not what you'll think in 10 years when it's being done...

Seriously, can people stop shouting "privacy", "liberty", and stuff about tracking and crap. It doesn't make sense.

Explain how it's an invasion of privacy. Explain how it's taking about your liberties. Explain how it could be used to frame or track people. Then you'll have a good argument.

It is MY DNA, it belongs to ME, therefore i should not be obliged to SHARE MY DNA. It is that simple.

You'd have to be seriously naive to believe that the government is trustworthy. It isn't just the DNA Database that i would take issue with, it's the whole sham we call democracy.

The economy is on its knees, Good Men are dieing in Iraq, the list is endless. In Britain we've had all kinds of scandals and deception (Cash for Honours, Expenses Scandal, EU Vote). There were a lot of issues not so long ago with important data being lost which contained National insurance numbers, addresses, bank details and yet you think i should trust these clowns with my DNA?

It wont be done in 10 years. Nor will it be done in 20 or 30.

exactly, I just decided to say there are 150 million households, 10 cameras each, costing $20 a peice, would be $30 million + a 100 fee per camera per year, it would come up to $153000000000 for the first year

It is MY DNA, it belongs to ME, therefore i should not be obliged to SHARE MY DNA. It is that simple.

You'd have to be seriously naive to believe that the government is trustworthy. It isn't just the DNA Database that i would take issue with, it's the whole sham we call democracy.

The economy is on its knees, Good Men are dieing in Iraq, the list is endless. In Britain we've had all kinds of scandals and deception (Cash for Honours, Expenses Scandal, EU Vote). There were a lot of issues not so long ago with important data being lost which contained National insurance numbers, addresses, bank details and yet you think i should trust these clowns with my DNA?

your welcome to leave, I hear North Korea is pretty nice around this time of the year.

Just because there are places with a worse democratic system than our own, doesn't mean that we should accept the failings of our own, nor is it justification. Imagine telephoning your water supplier and getting this reply for example;

"My Water supply is non-existant, i keep having to run across the street to get some so i can make Coffee"

"Sir, some slower developed countries don't have any Water and have to walk miles to get the smallest amount, Goodbye"

Your name belongs to you too, as does your money and your fingerprint. Yet these are not things we have an issue with the government knowing information about. (Well, I'm sure s1k3sT does, but he isn't representative)

The concept presented here, for perhaps the twelfth time, is not about the government storing DNA. It's about storing a hash of the data from your junk DNA.

Yes, the government could store DNA. But conversations based entirely about what might conceivably be don't really go anywhere. This wouldn't be a "shady" operation, it would be based on known laws, it would be a massive undertaking (and thus a massive undertaking to conceal), and storing the DNA wouldn't be much use since the purpose is achieved by creating the hash - no reason to keep the DNA afterwards.

Your name belongs to you too, as does your money and your fingerprint. Yet these are not things we have an issue with the government knowing information about. (Well, I'm sure s1k3sT does, but he isn't representative)

The concept presented here, for perhaps the twelfth time, is not about the government storing DNA. It's about storing a hash of the data from your junk DNA.

Yes, the government could store DNA. But conversations based entirely about what might conceivably be don't really go anywhere. This wouldn't be a "shady" operation, it would be based on known laws, it would be a massive undertaking (and thus a massive undertaking to conceal), and storing the DNA wouldn't be much use since the purpose is achieved by creating the hash - no reason to keep the DNA afterwards.

Why isn't my view "representative"?

How do you know this wouldn't be a shady operation? The government has lied countless times but you still trust them? :blink: :pinch: :wacko:

I posted a recent story about the government taking infants' dna and storing it without even asking the parents. If they are willing to do that with infants, then what makes you think it couldn't happen again?

Why isn't my view "representative"?

How do you know this wouldn't be a shady operation? The government has lied countless times but you still trust them? :blink: :pinch: :wacko:

I posted a recent story about the government taking infants' dna and storing it without even asking the parents. If they are willing to do that with infants, then what makes you think it couldn't happen again?

s1k3sT, do you truly believe your views reflect the majority of people? Most people are not conspiracy theorists. Oh, they might state interest, but that is not the same as vehemently believing them (something which you have made obvious in this thread)

It wouldn't be shady because we're talking about it. It was discussed in a high profile newspaper. It would be nationwide. The ramifications would be public (e.g. homicide court cases).

I don't know why I'm bothering replying again about the infant DNA thing because I have stated the same bloody thing several times as an answer. The POINT of the Texas thing was to store DNA. It is specifically not the point of the concept under discussion here. If you are determined to see the absolute worst in everything, fine ... but this discussion isn't going to go anywhere. (Which it isn't, currently)