Chrome 5 won't support AeroPeek...

No matter how you put it, Chrome is competing against other browsers and the majority of them have full support for Windows 7...That means that this must not be that difficult to implement...If you don't like the feature do not use it but do not oppose to it...

People aren't being turned off by Aero Peek, people are being turned off by your public display of immaturity.

There are two things you need to know but seem to be ignorant about. The first is that Chromium is open-source. The second is that no one is actively opposing Aero Peek here. Since you keep crying that Aero Peek implementation can be done within hours, why not put your money where your mouth is and contribute the code? Those who use Aero Peek will thank you for it, and those of us who don't (like me) would simply continue to ignore it.

Either way, it'd be a more productive use of your time than whining.

People aren't being turned off by Aero Peek, people are being turned off by your public display of immaturity.

There are two things you need to know but seem to be ignorant about. The first is that Chromium is open-source. The second is that no one is actively opposing Aero Peek here. Since you keep crying that Aero Peek implementation can be done within hours, why not put your money where your mouth is and contribute the code? Those who use Aero Peek will thank you for it, and those of us who don't (like me) would simply continue to ignore it.

Either way, it'd be a more productive use of your time than whining.

I really don't get how people get offended because I am complaining about Chrome...If it was IE I was complaining about, everybody would be with me...This forum is really starting to disgust me. I am not even going to discuss who is being immature here...I guess not everybody works in the IT as I do. I do not want to discuss with childs about it, so maybe this forum isn't for me...

I expected to find more civilized responses but instead many people here start defending Chrome because it is probably a "cool" product and the majority likes it..

I would never contribute in developing for Chrome, even if I could! I am not a developer and I am not going to support a company like Google without getting paid to do it.

My money and my time isn't your business and I would appreciate it if you weren't so insulting. Now, stop reading this please and go play with ur toys

This is ridiculous and shows that amateurs are developing for Chrome...

According to hbono@chromium.org : "It is Chrome 6. I disabled my current AeroPeek code on Chrome 5 because it has lots

of problems and I noticed I needed to change lots of my code to fix them."

In other words what he is saying is:"My code was so bad, I don't have the time to fix it now because I have other priorities" - Very professional....

No, what he's saying is that they need to change a lot of things to address the specific problems he is referring to. He is not saying that his code is bad, just that it needs changes to support it.

People like you are the ones who are ensuring that bowser developers stop answering questions and comments from the public. Shame on you. Whatever happened to being polite?

I expected to find more civilized responses

Why don't you try making civilized comments, then, and not blatant personal attacks, groundless accusations and basically bashing someone for giving you an honest reply?

Again, shame on you.

No, what he's saying is that they need to change a lot of things to address the specific problems he is referring to. He is not saying that his code is bad, just that it needs changes to support it.

People like you are the ones who are ensuring that bowser developers stop answering questions and comments from the public. Shame on you. Whatever happened to being polite?

When have I not been polite? Saying that someone wrote bad code? That amateurs develop for Chrome? It is true, ain't it?

You are not being polite at all and I resent you for that.

I just explained exactly how you are not being polite. Bashing someone and accusing them of writing poor code is impolite. It is, in fact, a direct personal attack on his person, abilities and integrity.

Shame on you.

• Like 2

I just explained exactly how you are not being polite. Bashing someone and accusing them of writing poor code is impolite. It is, in fact, a direct personal attack on his person, abilities and integrity.

Shame on you.

I just stated the facts. If you cannot handle them then you shouldn't be here. When have I questioned the integrity of the Chromium developer??????

When???

He said that his code was too buggy and that he needed to change a lot of things in order to make the feature work. If you also read the other discussion I posted the link to, he admits that his implementation is just a simulation of the real feature. Saying that someone wrote bad code isn't insulting when the same person admits to that...

I have already reported you to the moderators for your behaviour. I have never insulted you but you do that in every post.

Can all of you please stop complaining? It's just a little feature which will be implemented in time. With or without this feature the browser is still great. If you need the feature then move to a different browser.

Can all of you please stop complaining? It's just a little feature which will be implemented in time. With or without this feature the browser is still great. If you need the feature then move to a different browser.

I never intended for this to get personal. I just wanted to express my disappointment for the lack of insight from the Chrome developers. I expected that people here would talk about it, but instead they started attacking me. I never wanted to insult the developer responsible for it and if I did I apologise to him (and only him). I just stated the things he said! Even if that was a developer forum (where he posted), his answer was not right.

As far as the others concern who preferred to just insult me, well...you are not even worth my time.

I would very much like to discuss about the lack of this feature but it seems noone here is interested.

I never knew what that thing was called. Now that I've learned its proper name I have figured out how to disable Aero Peek for all applications. Go me.

My version of Chrome has Aero Peek enabled and its been bugging me ever since it arrived. I really don't see the point.

Edit:

Oh dang. It doesn't work. It only affects the Show Desktop button.

Edit2:

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-aero-peek-in-windows-7/

It won't come out till the next version?

...so like 3 months? Alright then.

Seriously, firefox doesn't have full windows 7 feature support yet--unless you're running the nightlies.

wait, I'm not understanding something here. What's chrome missing again?

Shame on you.

This.

If this was a matter of security or a major bug, I'd understand the desire to push the developers into fixing the issues. All this complaining about a simple feature of Chrome seems a bit useless to me, especially when you're talking about a browser that withstood the pwn2own contest twice. Surely, the developers aren't idiots and have their heads in the right state of mind.

I never intended for this to get personal. I just wanted to express my disappointment for the lack of insight from the Chrome developers. I expected that people here would talk about it, but instead they started attacking me. I never wanted to insult the developer responsible for it and if I did I apologise to him (and only him). I just stated the things he said! Even if that was a developer forum (where he posted), his answer was not right.

As far as the others concern who preferred to just insult me, well...you are not even worth my time.

I would very much like to discuss about the lack of this feature but it seems noone here is interested.

But you aren't discussing the feature, you are only bashing google and the developers. I always find it interesting how non-developers complain about how easy it is to include or change features of a product. I've done enough programming to get seriously ticked off by that attitude.

The other main thing you are forgetting or ignoring is that it is open source. Yes you know that, but do you understand what it means? it means that Microsoft pays people to sit down and develop applications for a living. Open source developers usually have other jobs so for those situations, development can take longer.

But you aren't discussing the feature, you are only bashing google and the developers. I always find it interesting how non-developers complain about how easy it is to include or change features of a product. I've done enough programming to get seriously ticked off by that attitude.

The other main thing you are forgetting or ignoring is that it is open source. Yes you know that, but do you understand what it means? it means that Microsoft pays people to sit down and develop applications for a living. Open source developers usually have other jobs so for those situations, development can take longer.

Maybe my wording was too hard but that doesn't change the fact that the feature is missing.

Maybe my wording was too hard but that doesn't change the fact that the feature is missing.

And taking it out on the developers won't get it implemented any faster. So what now? :ermm:

And taking it out on the developers won't get it implemented any faster. So what now? :ermm:

Nothing! I guess nobody really cares. It's ok, I can live with that!

everyone's (exception IE) implementation of aero peak is flawed in some way...

opera - I don't have it installed anymore but test the thumbnail preview's right click menu. Does it work yet?

firefox - 21 tabs. (less or more - it may be dependent on screen resolution)

Aero peak is a very hard feature to implement apparently.

What I find really ridiculous is that, the dev build 5.0.366.2 implements this feature. But they are going to remove it from future builds just because some Luddites don't like Aero Peek. Why they can't include an option to disable Aero Peek for Luddites is beyond me. Is it that difficult to make an option to turn off a feature?

everyone's (exception IE) implementation of aero peak is flawed in some way...

opera - I don't have it installed anymore but test the thumbnail preview's right click menu. Does it work yet?

firefox - 21 tabs. (less or more - it may be dependent on screen resolution)

Aero peak is a very hard feature to implement apparently.

Opera 10.51 has it and it works great. Safari too.

What I find really ridiculous is that, the dev build 5.0.366.2 implements this feature. But they are going to remove it from future builds just because some Luddites don't like Aero Peek. Why they can't include an option to disable Aero Peek for Luddites is beyond me. Is it that difficult to make an option to turn off a feature?

You can post that in the Chromium discussion forum...

They spent the time supporting Multitouch for Mac users, they can spend the time to make freaking Aero Peak work. Minefield nightlies have it. Though, IE, Opera , and Safari are the only two browsers that are shipping with the support.

Apple seems to do a really good job supporting Microsoft's new platform features, kinda weird.

Have you tested it enough? It doesn't work right. They are not going to release a half-assed implementation.

Seriously, it's like mozilla saying firefox 3.6.3 is not going to support areo peak...but it's enabled on the nightlies. Sheesh.

I guess the point he is trying to make is that Windows 7 beta has been out for more than a year and the retail version for about 5 months now. Typically, people like to complain if major software and hardware vendors do not update or release a new version that supports some basic UI features introduced in a new OS.

However, vendors always have and should have the power to decide how to prioritize the features they would like to implement as well as choose to leave out certain features. The way that a consumer can typically contribute to that decision is by choosing a different product that supports the features they need. If enough customers do that, the vendor has to change its priorities.

Open-source projects are a bit different obviously in that a sufficiently skilled and trained person can contribute code directly. If it is stable and performant and consumers want that feature, it will get shipped.

I do want to note that Firefox does have Peek in 3.6, but it is disabled by default, as is the fancy task-switcher. You can turn it on in about:config and file reports / submit comments / contribute code to improve the somewhat buggy implementation.

IE had to have it first because it is not only a first-party app and the default browser (bar EU), it also acts as a sample implementation for third-parties to follow, just like WordPad and Paint had the ribbon. Opera has tiny market-share and inherently has to move faster on development than others. Apple's release cycle is slower than Firefox and Chrome and a bit faster than IE plus they have a lot fewer features and functionality extensibility in Safari, so they implemented it quickly.

Yes, it has worked fine since Opera introduced Windows 7 integration.

I just stated the facts. If you cannot handle them then you shouldn't be here. When have I questioned the integrity of the Chromium developer??????

When???

You called him an amateur. You said he was unprofessional. You said his code was buggy. You said he writes bad code. You misrepresented his statements.

He said that his code was too buggy and that he needed to change a lot of things in order to make the feature work. If you also read the other discussion I posted the link to, he admits that his implementation is just a simulation of the real feature. Saying that someone wrote bad code isn't insulting when the same person admits to that...

He did not say his code was buggy. He said it needed changes. Code can require architectural changes without being buggy. It doesn't matter if he said it was just a simulation. What matters is that you are claiming that he is writing bad code, which is an insult.

Shame on you for treating developers like dirt for taking the time to respond to public questions and comments. Behavior like yours ensures that developers stop responding.

No one is denying that the feature is missing. The problem here is exactly your wording.