I've read the difficulty adjusts automatically, so you might still be in for a challenge DL.

By the way, episode 4 will probably kick your ass. Keep playing. ;)

edit: falling off cliffs and never going below 18 batteries probably is because you're exploring a lot. I think the game's not really designed for that. It's pretty linear to be honest. But that's okay, if you're willing to play it like that. I don't even think there's a lot to explore actually. Unless you want to collect all the stuff for the achievements.

I've read the difficulty adjusts automatically, so you might still be in for a challenge DL.

edit: falling off cliffs and never going below 18 batteries probably is because you're exploring a lot. I think the game's not really designed for that. It's pretty linear to be honest. But that's okay, if you're willing to play it like that. I don't even think there's a lot to explore actually. Unless you want to collect all the stuff for the achievements.

Yeah it's a bit more challenging!

The screen tearing in this game is bloody awful, you would of thought Remedy would've benefited from a little longer to work on it. Yeah yeah it's been in development for ages, but it's easily the worst tearing I've seen this gen.

Achievements do not matter at all for me. Like they literally do not matter at all. :shiftyninja::laugh: So not sure why I even bother exploring, but I do it. The battery aspect though is because I just wisely use the flashlight TBH. All you have to do is watch how much battery is left and never drain it, and it generates back, so yeah that is pretty not challenging.

Yeah it's a bit more challenging!

The screen tearing in this game is bloody awful, you would of thought Remedy would've benefited from a little longer to work on it. Yeah yeah it's been in development for ages, but it's easily the worst tearing I've seen this gen.

Can honestly say I have not seen a single screen tear. This is my other console which I believe is probably set to 1080i because of the TV it is usually hooked up to, and I have not seen a single tear TBH.

But hoping to get through a decent amount right now. Wife just went out with her sister, so I have a good 3-4 hours. I am still on Mission 3, barely got to play yesterday,

Can honestly say I have not seen a single screen tear. This is my other console which I believe is probably set to 1080i because of the TV it is usually hooked up to, and I have not seen a single tear TBH.

When it upscales to 1080p it's bad, and if no one believes me watch the Giantbomb Quicklook/read NeoGAF.

When it upscales to 1080p it's bad, and if no one believes me watch the Giantbomb Quicklook/read NeoGAF.

I believe you, and although this may sound like a dumb question, why not set the console to 720p or 1080i if it is that much of an issue?

I know due to the inherent nature of consoles, one feels as if you should not have to do that, but I know I tweak my PC graphical settings plenty to get the optimal viewing experience, so I guess I am just more open to doing the same on a console if need be. I have actually changed the output based on a certain game a decent amount of times now.

And I did double check things to make sure I just was not seeing it. The only time I do see tearing is if I hold the right analog stick down in one direction or the other and just spin and spin in place, which one would never actually do while playing the game. That is when I see tearing, and it is definitely way more prevalent when there is either a lot of light on screen and/or it is during the day time. Just normally playing the game, and I maybe see a slight tear after a few minutes, but nothing like I have seen with some other games.

Anyway, barely go to play today like I was hoping to, decided to do some yard work since it was sunny out but not hot at all, so really maybe only played an hour if that. I did finish Episode 3, so I am a bit into Episode 4, and I can say I like where things are going just based on playing Episode 4 maybe 10-15 minutes.

Also not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in the room across from your room

in the Dr.'s cabin you are staying in at the beginning of Episode 4 (the "institute" for creative people), and I think the room belongs to one of the old rockers who you met downstairs, but anyway there is a 360 console on the table with the classic green game box, and the game is Night Springs!!

Would have been so kick ass if they made that interactive some how. :laugh:

I don't have the game, so I can't comment. Though from what I have read from spoiler free threads, I haven't heard about tearing until AB posted about it.

I believe you, and although this may sound like a dumb question, why not set the console to 720p or 1080i if it is that much of an issue?

I do when I remember, but I play other games as well and sometimes forget to go down to 720p.

Only this and Resident Evil 5 have really done this as bad this generation.

I haven't had any tearing at all. 1080p TV and Xbox360 on 1080p. I guess that's safe then?

Yup, you are safe, as have been most others. I am thinking something is wrong with AB's setup or something else.

Anyone watch Episode 3 yet of the prequel videos?

I haven't had any tearing at all. 1080p TV and Xbox360 on 1080p. I guess that's safe then?

That or you haven't noticed it. :)

Brad Shoemaker over at GB did say: "It tears like a **********er". I played in 720p so I didn't notice it so much.

I'm on 1080P and tearing isn't that bad, I mean, there are some, but not even close to RE5.

Yup, you are safe, as have been most others. I am thinking something is wrong with AB's setup or something else.

Anyone watch Episode 3 yet of the prequel videos?

You got a link for it online?

No, I haven't seen it yet. I assumed it's on the NXE dashboard.

I'll check in a bit then, unless it's Gold only for now. In which case I'll have to wait.

Yay my copy was just despatched along with free copy of Too Human :D :laugh:

With luck they'll arrive tomorrow or Thursday :)

DM buy a game?

*Looks out the window to check if hell has frozen over*

Too Human was horrible, it's so bad, they have to give it away.

I know it was rated poorly. I know of some peeps who bought it and loved it however.

I am somewhat close to being done with the game I think, currently somewhere in Episode 6, and even without finishing it yet I can say what started out great did not wind up so much. And I so, so wanted this game to be amazing and not flawed at all, Remedy are true Rock Stars in my book because of Max Payne, but there are just way, way, way to many "this was supposed to happen but now this happened to stop that from happening moments." This whole mechanic was so terribly abused by this game it is not even funny.

Once or twice, hell even three times, I could live with that, but literally every single plot element and level progression element is based around that mechanic. Alan wants to do this, but now all of a sudden he cannot because something happened that of course made doing the original thing that he wanted to do that much harder and out of the way. Because of this mechanic, the game feels at least 5 hours longer than it should be, and it is a relatively short game to begin with. With that said though I can say it has taken me much longer than others to beat it as I do explore.

So let's say I spent 12 hours to beat it, the game should have been no longer than 6-7 hours IMHO.

As i said still have a ways to go, but even if it has the best ending in gaming history, which I already know it does not, i would feel the way I feel above. They just beat the hell out of that mechanic of switching things up, and the lack of variety of the enemies and the fact that once you have done maybe 5 fighting sequences tops you have done them all, literally the variety is non existent, it just was such, such a missed opportunity IMO. Truly is a shame. This could have been one of the greats. As it stands now, it is getting on my nerves trying to complete it. :no:

Kind of disappointing considering you and I have very similar tastes in games. Oh well, still looking forward to it. This game and RDR should be shipped out to me by next week.

Everything I have read so far has been praising this game, including a friend of mine that got it. I only buy games and play legal, so I will have to wait.