Doubt they downloaded it illegally,

When they post on their personal twitter that they are downloading Alan Wake.....they are illegally downloading. Not to mention:

"21 minutes till Alan Wake is burned..... Really hope this crushes the Silent Hill series after how bad it's got."

Ive heared that the ending isnt really an ending and that they are going to make you buy DLC to get a proper ending like Prince of Persia. If thats true i wont be buying it, one of you guys that have it i would appreciate if you could let everyone know when you finish it if this is the case.

Not true. If you read the reviews, there is an ending. However, similar to other games, they are offering DLC episodes to explore other parts of the story.

Ive heared that the ending isnt really an ending and that they are going to make you buy DLC to get a proper ending like Prince of Persia. If thats true i wont be buying it, one of you guys that have it i would appreciate if you could let everyone know when you finish it if this is the case.

Yeah quite a few reviews say that, Ars is particular,

The Ugly

• People who enjoy their stories ending with a neat conclusion, all wrapped up in a bow... are going to scream when they finish this

There are plenty of fancy cut-scenes, dramatic voiceovers and cinematic camera angles, but even when Alan Wake does a good job of pretending to be a film you just feel like you're watching a really bad film. That's particularly true when it comes to the ending - without spoiling anything, let's just say you're left thinking, "You mean I kick-started all those generators for that?"

I'll be able to tell you myself soon.

Really? Sweet :D

First impression was "is this really the finished game?" Dialogue seemed... I don't know, like it was being read from a script for the first time, timing was all off, no pauses where there should be. In fact, a lot of the dialogue seems flat, and the dialogue when reading pages is a lot quieter than in the main game. Pain in the arse when you're playing at 3am, and you're trying to keep the volume down.

Also, watching a car from a distance, jerking along a mountain road is kinda comical and spoils the atmosphere, your attention is automatically drawn to it.

A lot of the game is gorgeous though, and all in, I'm loving it. Definitely one to play in the dark. I almost shat a brick when I

got my foot stuck in a bear trap

:laugh:

Just gutted that my amp blew, no surround sound for me :cry: Might try to fix that today actually.

http://www.neowin.ne...f-leaked-games/

As long as you don't post links or mention where you got it from, Moderators decision, no point in attacking the users over it.

Alan wake has a visual warning rather than audible. Things go like ink dropped in water when something is close. Occasionally when you get jumped by a number of enemies in forest the camera will pull out and go slow mo highlighting it might be a good idea to start running. It's just annoying to be fighting 3-4 hulking ******* dropping them all with a shotgun to have one cave your head in because you can't hear him breathing down your neck even though he's less than 1 meter away! It's a minor gripe but it will annoy some.

It got me killed in the woods quite a few times, seeing as as you said you get a warning when it's too late if anything and ammo is hardly plentiful in supply - Which is a good thing, but when you can only run for 5m and everything seems to run faster than you it does get on your nerves.

As long as you don't post links or mention where you got it from, Moderators decision, no point in attacking the users over it.

*three cheers*

It got me killed in the woods quite a few times, seeing as as you said you get a warning when it's too late if anything and ammo is hardly plentiful in supply - Which is a good thing, but when you can only run for 5m and everything seems to run faster than you it does get on your nerves.

I find running then whipping round to flash them with the light to slow them, before running again the best method to escape them.

well my Target guy called and said real sorry, made a mistake, no early release for them. guess Sam Lake came over and flashed one of his deathly grins, and that was all she wrote.

boobs > black humor, that's why I like her over Yahtzee :p

<sniped>

I was expecting to see more boobs, this review has let me down.

I kid I kid :laugh:

That wish won't be granted for a little while yet!

I have to say, my initial excitement over the game is starting to be replaced by the fact I am getting really damn tired of the woods. It was AWESOME when first introduced, but now it is just getting annoying, especially when considering the linear nature of getting through them. Follow the dot on your mini map, if you can even call it that, and you make it through. I go off the beaten path looking for items and all of that, but even still it is starting to feel to much like a one trick pony.

So exactly how many episodes are there? Also please, please tell me it picks up sooner than later. I am just a little into Episode 3

I just got to the radio station and quickly jumped out the back, and it is telling me I need to get to the train yard.

I truly hope some variety starts showing up much sooner than later, or else I am going to have to change my whole initial impression of the game, and I can indeed say I not only can see but I can agree with why it may not be getting consistently high review scores. Starting to feel this may be a case of some missed opportunity. I am at the point I would have much preferred a way shorter game with more variety, rather than dragging it out with the use of "getting through the woods."

So exactly how many episodes are there? Also please, please tell me it picks up sooner than later. I am just a little into Episode 3

I just got to the radio station and quickly jumped out the back, and it is telling me I need to get to the train yard.

I'd go with 6-7 by the pacing of the story at this point. Yeah at the end of 3 and start of

4 has you traversing... more familiar locations

and things become less rustic and more industrial. I love the dark humour at the point I'm at currently.

I should point out how scary the game is... n't. It's a good thriller and there are some "oh snap" moments but I've yet to jump out my skin. I like the way the world manipulates around Alan but it's done in a Twin Peaks hammy way. :)

I'd go with 6-7 by the pacing of the story at this point. Yeah at the end of 3 and start of

4 has you traversing... more familiar locations

and things become less rustic and more industrial. I love the dark humour at the point I'm at currently.

I should point out how scary the game is... n't. It's a good thriller and there are some "oh snap" moments but I've yet to jump out my skin. I like the way the world manipulates around Alan but it's done in a Twin Peaks hammy way. :)

Yep 6 episodes. I know this as I just watched the gametrailers trailer below. I actually think the game has some scary moments, but it is more the atmopshere that at times can be scary than anything else for me. Like there was one part

that I was off the beaten path and exploring some random house. Well real quick outside the window was the shadow of a person and it just walked to the right and disappeared. I immediately ran outside and went to follow it and it was gone.

That was pretty damn creepy and I thought they missed out on doing more of this, at least so far. With all that said it is definitely not scary scary, but it can be creepy at times.

The review is up on GameTrailers

I would say based on almost being half way through the game I pretty much agree with everything in the review except the fact that they said something like "as a result, everything feels fresh" as I just do not agree with that, I am definitely at a stretch were it feels a tad repetitive, but it sounds as if that will not last much longer.

I actually think the game has some scary moments, but it is more the atmopshere that at times can be scary than anything else for me. Like there was one part

that I was off the beaten path and exploring some random house. Well real quick outside the window was the shadow of a person and it just walked to the right and disappeared. I immediately ran outside and went to follow it and it was gone.

That was pretty damn creepy and I thought they missed out on doing more of this, at least so far. With all that said it is definitely not scary scary, but it can be creepy at times.

It's not working on me there hasn't been a location where I haven't plunged head long in to the darkness. If I open a crate I turn around ready to pop a flare as I know something will be coming. I'm almost at the end now and I can see my final goal. But this last half hour it's turned in to Max Payne! Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed the game, it's been a good thriller but it no way is it at all a horror game. Too much black humour. It's closer to Evil Dead 2 than The Evil Dead so to speak.

Remedy looking to improve facial animation for Alan Wake DLC

Zombies may have been the scariest things in (the truly excellent) Alan Wake. No, we're not talking about the shadow-infested Taken but rather the main characters themselves. While Remedy Entertainment's Markus Maki admits in a forum post that "it's a complex problem trying to dodge the Uncanny Valley," many of the characters in Alan Wake's cutscenes land squarely in the Valley, giving them that just-this-side-of-creepy zombie death mask that we all know and love.

Now for the good news: Remedy "definitely learned a lot doing Alan Wake" and is "using some of the improvements in the DLC production already." And, in case you think it's as easy as checkin off the "make less zombie-like" box in GameDeveloper 7.0, Maki says, "It's not alone a matter of the method how or where the facial capture is done, it's about the run-time animation techniques available, skeleton setup and so on."

Skeletons, too? We told you Alan Wake was creepy!

Nice.

The question I have is that we know more episodes are coming as DLC, but how many? I know some people might not like the whole DLC and cost of some of them but if you wait a bit for the price drop it's a good added bonus specially if they add to the story as little sequels etc.

The question I have is that we know more episodes are coming as DLC, but how many? I know some people might not like the whole DLC and cost of some of them but if you wait a bit for the price drop it's a good added bonus specially if they add to the story as little sequels etc.

Alan Wake: several DLC episodes this year, second 'season' dependent on audience

As revealed during this year's Consumer Electronics Show, tormented writer Alan Wake will continue his dimly lit journey in the form of post-launch downloadable episodes. After the internally episodic thriller hits shelves on May 18, Remedy Entertainment will expand it with at least two episodes in 2010. The scope of subsequent episodes and the duration of DLC support will hinge on the audience, of course, but Remedy managing director Matias Myllyrinne envisions a substantial engagement.

"I think it'll depend a lot on the audience, but certainly we want to -- if we're successful -- we want to do a large 'Season 2,' if you will, at some point," he said in an interview with Joystiq. "Right now, I'm not allowed to say what we're doing exactly this year. But we're going to have more than one episode come out this year."

Once the full game is complete and the team has a chance to gauge acceptance and feedback, Remedy Entertainment will shed some more light on its plans. We'll share ours with you right now: Expect to see the full Matias Myllyrinne interview on Joystiq later this week.

Bet this yesterday. It wasn't bad but I did find it very repetitive in the woods parts and I hated the ending.

and I hated the ending.

It's not a lake it's an ocean...

I'm all for open endings but how about some ****ing closure? Or are we too busy going to plug it with DLC to finish the story? Ugh. The last half hour of the game was terrible. Ruined what was an enjoyable 3rd person romp. I can understand why a few might not be so pleased with it now, the game ends less with a bang and more with a whimper.

It's clear to me that this wasn't meant to be just a one off game, even the DLC is just a part of it. I think we'll probably get a full sequel or maybe two. Just my guess.

It's clear to me that this wasn't meant to be just a one off game, even the DLC is just a part of it. I think we'll probably get a full sequel or maybe two. Just my guess.

That.

Finish the game you lazy pricks.

I read an interview where Remedy has said they'll wait and see how the game performs financially but feel they have a lot of content and also noted how the studio has pushed a lot of work into creating a the engine, the tools so I should imagine it's just a matter of time.

Finished the game this afternoon. Excellent! Only downpoint for me was the repetitiveness of some parts. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Almost every review I have read so far has stated that the ending is good and offers some closure, but allows for more content. Hooray for that.

That.

Finish the game you lazy pricks.

:rofl:

You are, unintentionally I will add, really doing a great job of making me not want to even bother finishing this game. :laugh:

Kidding of course, for all the negative I have pointed out recently I still really, really like the game overall, but I am still only on Episode 3. Just seems to be taking me forever, but I think I just tend to do way more exploring than the average person. :laugh:

I have actually only died 1-2 from combat that I can recall, all other times have been

mainly on the damn bridge as I originally just tried dodging the items and now the inanimate objects.

Even then it is rare I die. I actually have done the majority of my dying falling off of cliffs or trying an insane jump and then falling. The combat is honestly pretty easy as like you alluded to earlier, you know the majority of the time when combat is going to happen (like your example of getting something in a box was a perfect one), and it has become pretty easy to deal with the combat now.

I also never have gone below 18 batteries. :pinch: That is just to easy.