Brutal DL, I concur the latter half was a tad weak. But the last hour the game did it for me. The ending was the cherry on the topping unfortunately. Bit like eating a lovery sandwich then noticing mold on the crust. :p

I'll save my bile laced rant till when they release the proper ending in DLC ala Prince of Persia! :p

Kind of disappointing considering you and I have very similar tastes in games. Oh well, still looking forward to it. This game and RDR should be shipped out to me by next week.

You know how much I was looking forward to this game. Everything I pointed out above made it truly painful to get through, and that is just sad.

Do not get me wrong, it does some things brilliantly, it truly and sincerely does some things so incredibly perfect IMO, and that is what makes it so much worse that it then does some things so incredibly poor. I honestly wish I did not feel this way, but seriously the last 3 hours I just wanted it to be over already. I was done.

Brutal DL, I concur the latter half was a tad weak. But the last hour the game did it for me. The ending was the cherry on the topping unfortunately. Bit like eating a lovery sandwich then noticing mold on the crust. :p

I'll save my bile laced rant till when they release the proper ending in DLC ala Prince of Persia! :p

It is truly one of, if not the biggest disappointment, in my long and illustrious gaming career. I was so looking forward to it because it was Remedy, and I just honestly thought to myself way more often than not "WTF are they doing now?" Just a big huge disappointment. I am not even sure if I will play the DLC.

But I am so confused, it makes no sense that the game was actually a disappointment for me, because I read everywhere online that it was so good. If I read it online, it has to be true. :laugh: Perhaps if I played the game on release date it would have been better. :rofl:

It is truly one of, if not the biggest disappointment, in my long and illustrious gaming career. I was so looking forward to it because it was Remedy, and I just honestly thought to myself way more often than not "WTF are they doing now?" Just a big huge disappointment. I am not even sure if I will play the DLC.

But I am so confused, it makes no sense that the game was actually a disappointment for me, because I read everywhere online that it was so good. If I read it online, it has to be true. :laugh: Perhaps if I played the game on release date it would have been better. :rofl:

Reviews online these days are a joke either reviewers are getting too enveloped in the hype or getting paid off by the parent corporation they work for. If I'm 50/50 I tend to watch the quick look over on Giant Bomb (which I can't recommend enough - their endurance run of Deadly Premonitions caused me to pick it up for ?10 :p) and their reviews are fairly level headed.

I find it bloody hard to get hyped over anything these days after being burned so many times. Though I admit I'm usually all over Skate every 18 months. :p

I think my postie has also.

They already delivered the mail and no game. I have ordered the LC version so i am hoping it is coming in the van instead which is usually a little later in the afternoon.

I think my postie has stolen my copy & is playing it through before he delivers it :hmmm:

Unlucky. Don't you have it already though?

*Stirs his cup of tea and sits on a deck chair 3 feet away from his front door glaring expectantly at his letterbox*

C'mon Postman... I know you're out there somewhere!

My copy definitely isn't arriving today, I know that much. I never get post after 11 :(

I got Yakuza 3 the other day though and still haven't had time to sit down to it. That'll give me something to do today.

I'll have 3 games arrive tomorrow by the looks of things though; Alan Wake, Too Human & EyePet.

Good thing i decided on the off chance to check my porch, Pman hadnt even bothered to knock/ring earlier apparantly and just left it there. Probably been sitting there about 3 hours :(

But now i have it and its time to play :D *does a victory dance*

Least your postie just left it outside. Mine in the past has just opened the front door and let himself in!

My copy just arrived. It came in the van. I don't know why because it only was packaged in a slightly bigger envelope than usual.

Now i just have to finish work before i can play.

Least your postie just left it outside. Mine in the past has just opened the front door and let himself in!

My copy just arrived. It came in the van. I don't know why because it only was packaged in a slightly bigger envelope than usual.

Now i just have to finish work before i can play.

I can picture you coming down stairs in the morning to find him making himself at home, playing your games with tea & toast :laugh:

Alan Wake DLC Dated!

Remedy has sent out word through its Facebook page that the first downloadable add-on for Alan Wake will be put up on Xbox Live July 27. Those that purchase the game new will find a card packed inside with a token that can be redeemed to get this add-on for free.

This first download will add a new episode to Alan Wake and is titled "The Signal." If it lasts as long as a normal episode of the game, it should offer over one hour of additional gameplay.

My link

Finished it yesterday evening. I'm pretty disappointed unfortunately. it started out pretty good, had some nice twists in the story and kept it exciting enough. Near the end I just felt it kept dragging on and the story was getting too weird/hard to follow. The ending really topped it off though.. wth was that..

Got it today, enjoying it thus far. Just in episode 3 at some mast place after going over some train thing.

Biggest problem I'm having though is that it's sending me ill- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is the only other game that sent me as ill as this game did before, when I nearly throwing up. I managed to fit in another hour after getting up and moving around for a while, but if it makes me feel like this all the time then it's gonna be a problem.

Really enjoying the game so far but i am guessing i'm about 3 quarters through episode 2. The story really just picked up a bit and got me more interested. The beginning of the game and story just didn't grab me at all but now it is making me ask questions... and i like that.

Going to try and get a good few hours in after the FA Cup. Hopefully the story will still be good a few more episodes in.

so is there infinite batteries? it's just you have to reload it when you're out?

so is there infinite batteries? it's just you have to reload it when you're out?

You can carry up to 20 batteries but I literally never went below 15

and that was towards the end once I realized I could just use them.

I played most of the game with 19-20.

Reason being flash light completely regenerates if you wait a bit. So I just got into a flow of knowing when to use it and when not to. It was actually to easy IMO.

I added spoiler tags just in case. While I talk nothing specific about the plot whatsoever, I do speak on the flashlight mechanic, and one may take that as a spoiler. Sorry to anyone who might have read it and felt that way.

just started, so far looks very good and the story has promise. the PG-13 feel does bother me, but will give it its fair shot. starting the narration with "Stephen King once wrote" did make me cringe for some reason. glad to finally have this with us, though.

Really enjoying the game thus far (Up to Chapter 3). A few goosebumps have been raised. The only bad things I have to say is....

*possible Spoilers*

Why isn't there a melee button! When you run out of bullets that it, you're stuck to running away to find a safe haven. This brings me onto my next point...

Is Alan wake the least fit human being in the world. He's being chased by possessed people and he can sprint for maybe 50 feet, then its reduced to a slow stumble. I dont expect infinite sprint, but the basic run could be a little faster I think

That said Its still a worth while play

Finished the game last night. Really enjoyed it but

the supposedly satisfying ending was not very satisfying. I may not have misunderstood the story but i'm guessing because light and dark are kind of like on scales... he could only save Alice by sacrificing himself to the dark presence? which balances things out?. Also Nightengale, why did he suddenly appear? did they cover that? Hopefully the future DLC will cover some of that as we know the DLC won't actually continue the ending.

I really don't understand why some people feel let down by this game.

Alan Wake tops charts in UK:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

-chartNew.gif1 ALAN WAKEXB360MICROSOFTMICROSOFT2chartSame.gif2 JUST DANCEWIIUBISOFTUBISOFT-chartNew.gif3 LOST PLANET 2XB360CAPCOMCAPCOM1chartDown.gif4 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP SOUTH AFRICAPS3EA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS3chartDown.gif5 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP SOUTH AFRICAXB360EA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS4chartDown.gif6 WII FIT PLUSWIININTENDONINTENDO-chartNew.gif7 SKATE 3XB360EA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS6chartDown.gif8 CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2XB360ACTIVISIONACTIVISION BLIZZARD-chartNew.gif9 LOST PLANET 2PS3CAPCOMCAPCOM5chartDown.gif10 WII SPORTS RESORTWIININTENDONINTENDO28chartUp.gif11 FINAL FANTASY XIIIPS3SQUARE ENIXSQUARE ENIX EUROPE11chartDown.gif12 BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2XB360EA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS13chartSame.gif13 BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2PS3EA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS8chartDown.gif14 GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITYPS3ROCKSTARTAKE 2-chartNew.gif15 SKATE 3PS3EA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS7chartDown.gif16 TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTIONXB360UBISOFTUBISOFT30chartUp.gif17 FINAL FANTASY XIIIXB360SQUARE ENIXSQUARE ENIX EUROPE14chartDown.gif18 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WIIWIININTENDONINTENDO17chartDown.gif19 POKEMON SOULSILVERDSNINTENDONINTENDO-chartNew.gif20 LIPS: I LOVE THE 80'SXB360MICROSOFTMICROSOFT