HTC Desire

htc_desire_carmount1.jpg

Is that using Google Maps for satnav?

Looks pretty impressive to me.

Nexus One style Neoprone cases on eBay for ?1.45 each, I ordered 2 and they came today along with a car holder (?9.99).

Absolutely fantastic!

Oh and a new wallpaper!

Niceee.

Would you share that wall ?

Man i am always jelous of the navigation thing.

I downloaded the Maps update today with the Nav, but it is not available in Switzerland yet. Hopefully soon.

@m?k I just looked at your apps link and wonder, how do you have so many apps installed? Is it possible to install apps on the sd card? I installed quite a few apps (nothing too huge but I don't remember the total size) to test and a few games and had to uninstall loads because of low system space.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks

Here's the edited wallpaper:

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/Android.jpg

@m?k I just looked at your apps link and wonder, how do you have so many apps installed? Is it possible to install apps on the sd card? I installed quite a few apps (nothing too huge but I don't remember the total size) to test and a few games and had to uninstall loads because of low system space.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks

All my apps don't add to a big size really, Just install them as normal and I still have 40MB free.

Android 2.2 will add Apps2SD so SD storage will be possible soon.

All my apps don't add to a big size really, Just install them as normal and I still have 40MB free.

Android 2.2 will add Apps2SD so SD storage will be possible soon.

Thanks for your reply, however as I'm impatient I'm rooting my Desire now to install the Apps2SD ROM and I'll get a new SD card tomorrow :)

Anyone rooted their Desire yet? I'm Orange so I am looking to remove all branding and root it at the same time. BUT I want to keep a backup of the phone, just in case I bork it or it fails later on down the line. So I can restore my Orange backup, and thus not void the warranty.

Anyone rooted their Desire yet? I'm Orange so I am looking to remove all branding and root it at the same time. BUT I want to keep a backup of the phone, just in case I bork it or it fails later on down the line. So I can restore my Orange backup, and thus not void the warranty.

I have mate, plus I'm on Orange.

It's so much better without the Orange junk.

And Titanium Backup requires root and that backs up everything for you :)

Have a look at Modaco forum, under Android and HTC Desire is all the info you need.

Plus I'm sure they're putting original carrier ROMs on there to restore back to

Hi, I did this last night without any problems, my main reason was to install stuff on the sd card but with apps like startup manager there are lots of other advantages to rooting the Desire.

As funkymunky says, there are guides on Modaco but I found this one to be more helpful as everything can be done from Windows.

http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/05/how-to-root-your-htc-desire/

Good luck

Got mine in the post this morning (Well, i say mine, my name is on the contract but its for my brother)

photos snipped

Great shots..:)

Hey guys, i would like to say if someone want to write another HTC Desire review, more elaborated than mine, feel free to do it.

Won't bother me at all and mods could merge this thread to the better review.

When i posted i just wanted to give a fast personal insight of the device to other fellow neowinians.

Damn you guys, made me want an Android phone. So, I got the HTC Droid Incredible (US, Verizon), shipping June 1st, very excited.

Just ordered one, should have it Tuesday....if I pass the credit check :unsure:

Got it on Orange, 24 month sentance but with free handset, 300mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet.....all for £25 a month, with 10 months 1/2 price via cashback.

Total cost = £475, and could get lucky and have an extra £50 back via quidco.

....and if I don't like it, I can always sell it on ebay for £300ish and keep my iPhone 3G.

Just ordered one, should have it Tuesday....if I pass the credit check :unsure:

Got it on Orange, 24 month sentance but with free handset, 300mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet.....all for ?25 a month, with 10 months 1/2 price via cashback.

Total cost = ?475, and could get lucky and have an extra ?50 back via quidco.

....and if I don't like it, I can always sell it on ebay for ?300ish and keep my iPhone 3G.

Exact same tarriff I got :D