Looking for a camera for my mom...

After many years of resisting the use of digital cameras, my Mom is finally giving up on film cameras. She's been taking photos for 25+ years and has always resisted dealing with computers as much as possible, but she thinks that it is now too hard to replace her film camera with another one and so she reasons she must move to digital. So I need to buy her one soon, Mother's Day (9 May in the US) seems like a good chance.

I am very happy with my Canon Powershot A1100IS, and she's been impressed with my photos with it, but does not really know how to use it, she gets very confused looking at the LCD display rather than a physical viewfinder.

Her use is a very different from mine: She takes photos mostly of people, mostly indoors; mostly photos of family at parties, my very young cousins in particular. She does take outside shots, but those are mostly of fixed landmarks like a building on vacation, and usually have a family member in the shot. She also loves prints, we have many many photo albums of 3 inch x5 inch prints, and more recently 4"x6". Right now she uses her flash a lot and is horrified that I rarely use my flash even indoors.

I would guess that based her use she'd need the following: fast shutter speed, a good flash, not a lot of megapixels (I'll probably end up lowering the non-auto settings to something like 6 MP) since 4x6 prints don't require a lot data, good red-eye prevention and most important ease of use: very few buttons/menus/options to deal with.

I don't really know where to begin looking for a camera with those features (as loosely defined as they are) so I'd appreciate some help. Thanks!

She has an Olympus Supersoon 120, based on the fact that I don't see a way to replace the lenses, I don't think she does.

My budget is $135

This is a great camera, good brand, great specs, great price

Sony Cybershot DSC-W190

Scroll down on the page to the New cameras that start @ $132

(**PS - No I'm not a $ony fanboi, lol**)

Thanks. Based on its Web page it does look like a good camera for this situation.

Check my new link!!

Sorry....