Meet Firefox 4.0.1

This might be what you're after to fix your status bar issue:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/

It's apparently incompatible with locationbar2 though.

Thanks, but that's probably more than I need.

I was looking more at some Stylish code to solve it. Maybe removing the border/background and move the text down or something? Don't even know if it's that simple...

The only benefit to using 64bit at the moment is that you can access slightly more registers.

But the other side of the coin is that there's random bugs, plugins don't work, random extensions don't work, etc.

Some plugins do work and you should check out the extensions you use to see if they are x64 compatible. Some are.

When I open a new tab in FF4 (home page is google.com) it has the focus on the address bar whereas FF3.6.15 had it on the google search box -- the one on the web page not the toolbar. How can I make the focus go to the search box again? It is annoying to have to click on the search box to find anything.

On a separate note -- Why does the bookmarks drop down button disappear from where I want it to - next to the home button - when I display the bookmarks toolbar?

whats happening with an RC2 build then? What page on bugzilla shows the bugs to final before 4.0 can go final? I get high memory use and freezes using RC1 still :( not as bad as with beta 12 but its still nowhere near stable enough to be called 4.0 final.

whats happening with an RC2 build then? What page on bugzilla shows the bugs to final before 4.0 can go final? I get high memory use and freezes using RC1 still :( not as bad as with beta 12 but its still nowhere near stable enough to be called 4.0 final.

Similar situation is with me.

Even with a clean profile?

I like the tabs-on-top + no menubar, but it leaves no place to put the searchbar. Having a tiny search box to the right of the urlbar doesn't cut it. I went back to showing the menubar and putting the searchbar to the right of the menu items. Retro. Then I found out you can put the searchbar in the addon bar. That may work for me.

Thanks, but it's not what I'm looking for.

You can place the menu bar anywhere you want and disable all of the unwanted buttons so you're just left with the tools menu.

I like the tabs-on-top + no menubar, but it leaves no place to put the searchbar. Having a tiny search box to the right of the urlbar doesn't cut it. I went back to showing the menubar and putting the searchbar to the right of the menu items. Retro. Then I found out you can put the searchbar in the addon bar. That may work for me.

You could try using keywords. That way, you can just get rid of the search bar.

I use that one already but doesn't do exactly what I was looking for. I can add the "Tools" menu to the personal menu (orange firefox button) but what I really wanted was a toolbar button to just open the "Tools" menu so I could add it to the toolbar.

I guess there isn't a way to do this for the time being...

You can place the menu bar anywhere you want and disable all of the unwanted buttons so you're just left with the tools menu.

But will that add a good looking button with an icon or just a "Tools" text label? I want a cute button, not just a label (haven't tested the extension yet).

They might release Firefox without some good improvements for IE9 demos.

I don't understand why this wasn't a priority before FF4 went RC.

Why would Mozilla prioritize a Microsoft demo? Regardless, the IE9 demos run fine here on RC1. Looks like RC2 is going to make a showing after SiteAdvisor is blocked, but things are looking good for a release.

You could try using keywords. That way, you can just get rid of the search bar.

I just use a multiple searchbar add-on where I highlight any word or type any word then have it search a single or 100s of sites all at once. Not a problem with not having the search engines I want because I can add and organize them to it easily. So I have one group for all my image sites, dictionary sites, web, so on.

Why would Mozilla prioritize a Microsoft demo? Regardless, the IE9 demos run fine here on RC1. Looks like RC2 is going to make a showing after SiteAdvisor is blocked, but things are looking good for a release.

Positive reputation for "FF4 vs Competition" articles?

Is this not obvious?

But not a priority, and definitely not something to be 'fixed' before releasing RC. You want them to do a beta13 just for that? If they can make their own product stable, good, and reliable, the "Positive reputation for "FF4 vs Competition" articles" will follow.

there is NOT going to be a RC2 for the 100th time unless a showstopper bug is found and so far that has not been the case.

• Like 2