New feature: News stories forum

You may have noticed a new forum called Front Page News. This forum posts submitted news from the front page, and acts like "moved topics" so clicking on a link there redirects to the article. The news stories also now appear in the mini spy. All stories submitted to Neowin are included (not just the main feed).

Enjoy!

You may have noticed a new forum called Front Page News. This forum posts submitted news from the front page, and acts like "moved topics" so clicking on a link there redirects to the article. The news stories also now appear in the mini spy. All stories submitted to Neowin are included (not just the main feed).

Enjoy!

Joseph_Ducreux_-_I_hath_ejaculated_in_mine_pantaloons.jpg

I have to ask, is there any particular reason for this?

Its for people that are lazy to read the front page and it benefits Neowin. It helps their PR.

I have to ask, is there any particular reason for this?

People were requesting a "headline view" so this addresses that, also all news is shown, not just what is on the main feed, so it's a good reference for all news stories and not just the selective ones that are shown on https://www.neowin.net/index.php :)

Nice! (Y)

I have the forum bookmarked and I always miss what is on the main page. I also think it will help member to know what is already on the main page before creating a thread about it.

I like it :)

Nice move, noticed it last night. Now what I'd like to see is the ability to reply to those "threads" and have those replies show up as comments on the front page. Not a big deal at all, but it would help streamline things a little bit.

• Like 1

Nice move, noticed it last night. Now what I'd like to see is the ability to reply to those "threads" and have those replies show up as comments on the front page. Not a big deal at all, but it would help streamline things a little bit.

This would be awesome if it was possible. If not have it so the Forum threads are replyable so then a proper discussion can happen on the forums without the sort of people you get in the comment threads. (You know what I mean :shiftyninja: )

Does this mean we can now discuss news that have been on the frontpage there as well instead of having to discuss them in the annoying article comments sections ?

Does this mean we can now discuss news that have been on the frontpage there as well instead of having to discuss them in the annoying article comments sections ?

No, right now it's just linking to them as far as I've seen.