New Lense Help

I am thinking of getting 70-300 lens for my Nikon D90. I currently have standard 18-105 one.

So far i have my eyes set on one of those:

Nikon AF-S Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF ED VR

Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG APO-M

Tamron AF75-300mm F/4-5.6 LD-M

Nikon AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6 D ED (this is probably not worth it)

Which of these would be a better deal, and if none what would be a nice alternative.

Cheers!

If you've got the cash, maybe the 70-200mm f2.8 VR? Or 80-200mm f2.8?

THose are a bit expensive. I am looking at bellow $500 range.

Hey, so my D90 also came with the 18-105mm kit lens, and my first lens purchase was the 70-300mm IF ED VR your looking at... from personal experience I can assure you that this lens is a very good buy for the price, the first thing you'll notice is the focus ring, it's much more satisfying to focus manually with this one opposed to the 18-105... not that you'll need to, I feel the focus is a bit quicker with this than the 18-105, but it could just be my imagination... the VR is definitely a must have... I have tried using the lens without the VR turned on... and no thank you... one thing though, the VR noise emitted from this lens (when you start to focus) is annoying... only if you pay attention to it, if you really focus on it you may get annoyed, but if you don't then it's bearable for sure.

The zoom ring feels a bit tacky... like it takes a bit of force to get moving then it jumps a bit, but once you get it going it's not too bad, but I have tried some of the higher end lenses and let me tell you it's no 70-200 f/2.8

but again, overall pretty great lens, I don't think you'll be disappointed with this purchase.

WHOA, I'm doing this and MOONMAN ISN'T!?

If you've got the cash, maybe the 70-200mm f2.8 VR? Or 80-200mm f2.8?

if he had cash, best is 200-400 VR2 + 70-200 VR2

200-400 you say? I dont want to spend my several month pay on that :(

Anyway thanks to everyone and especially remus for lens feedback, went out and got Nikor 70-300 VR II. Loving it!

200-400 you say? I dont want to spend my several month pay on that :(

Anyway thanks to everyone and especially remus for lens feedback, went out and got Nikor 70-300 VR II. Loving it!

No problem, glad you like it!