Help Me Choose a Studio Back-Drop

I'm not sure whether to go with a 107" or 53" wide paper backdrop. The shot will be models (3/4 body) on a seamless paper backdrop. The studio space is very tight, so I would like to avoid using the 107". Based on your experiences, will 53"(4.4ft) be wide enough? I will be using a 17-55mm lens; the distance from model to backdrop will be about 3-4 ft. Obviously it depends on a lot of factors, but in general, will it get the job done?

seems like 53" is wide enough if you're doing 3/4 shots. I myself would get the 107" just to have the versatility, but you gotta do what's right for your space.

*edit*

whoa... there's lil banners and confetti and stuff on the background of my posts...

seems like 53" is wide enough if you're doing 3/4 shots. I myself would get the 107" just to have the versatility, but you gotta do what's right for your space.

*edit*

whoa... there's lil banners and confetti and stuff on the background of my posts...

Happy birthday ;)

Thanks for the reply; I suspect 53" will be barely enough, but like you said space is the key. And happy birthday!

Is the price difference very steep? In case it's not you can get the larger one and cut it to the max your room allows (still larger than 53" though).

?Is the price difference very steep? In case it's not you can get the larger one and cut it to the max your room allows (still larger than 53" though).?

I thought of that; but yes the price difference is big enough for me. Besides, sawing it off just seems so...archaic.