Super Mario Galaxy 2

Who else got their copies today? (I live in NZ so today may be a day early for some of you's, not sure)

Played for a couple of hours, got all the stars in the first galaxy. Like the first, this is my ultimate game, it's just so so fun.

Nothing can compete in terms of charm and playability imo. Well deserving of the multiple 100% scores it has been receiving.

Still not out until next month over here, will be buying it when it comes out though by the looks of things.

Still not out until next month over here, will be buying it when it comes out though by the looks of things.

Damn that's harsh! I'd definitely recommend it, played more with my girlfriend last night (i never knew she was a completion freak! she has to get every single thing!) and was a blast. The two player mode has been slightly improved but still manages to just be single player with a little help (which i like). I can't believe Nintendo can still come up with original ideas for levels some of the worlds are so clever and feel so fresh it's like playing Super Mario 64 for the first time all over again.

100 Stars in now, seems not too many people here are playing it yet? Or maybe just too engrossed by it to come online!? :laugh:

There's a few nice surprises latter on in the game, not gonna ruin any, but included is a lovely throwback to SM64 which comes along in one form or another.

Anyone know if there's any point in collecting coins or do they just stack up for the sake of, ermm, well, stacking up?

Right now I can use them on the home ship to buy 5 dice to roll, but there's no point in this, as you can only win either 1 star or some lives and I have never even come close to needing any extra lives on top of the ones I gather just playing normally and receiving in the mail. Got a couple of thousand saved up I'm hoping at the end there is something I can spend em on or some kind of big saver achievement reward thing.

Shipping via Amazon's free Super Saver Shipping so it will be in on June 11th :wacko:

Oh well,I got $20 credit off my next game by getting mario galaxy 2. I am going to get Metriod: Other M with my credit.

100 Stars in now, seems not too many people here are playing it yet? Or maybe just too engrossed by it to come online!? :laugh:

There's a few nice surprises latter on in the game, not gonna ruin any, but included is a lovely throwback to SM64 which comes along in one form or another.

Anyone know if there's any point in collecting coins or do they just stack up for the sake of, ermm, well, stacking up?

Right now I can use them on the home ship to buy 5 dice to roll, but there's no point in this, as you can only win either 1 star or some lives and I have never even come close to needing any extra lives on top of the ones I gather just playing normally and receiving in the mail. Got a couple of thousand saved up I'm hoping at the end there is something I can spend em on or some kind of big saver achievement reward thing.

I have no clue how many stars I have... I think I just beat world 2 (bowsers castle?). I feel like I want to stop moving forward and go back to get the missing stars (not sure how to find the ? ones).. overall though I am really enjoying this game..

Damn that's harsh! I'd definitely recommend it, played more with my girlfriend last night (i never knew she was a completion freak! she has to get every single thing!) and was a blast. The two player mode has been slightly improved but still manages to just be single player with a little help (which i like). I can't believe Nintendo can still come up with original ideas for levels some of the worlds are so clever and feel so fresh it's like playing Super Mario 64 for the first time all over again.

Two player mode makes it too easy imo, with the way 2p can freeze enemies.

I have no clue how many stars I have... I think I just beat world 2 (bowsers castle?). I feel like I want to stop moving forward and go back to get the missing stars (not sure how to find the ? ones).. overall though I am really enjoying this game..

The ? stars are usually hungry luma ones, or down a warp pipe.

I think the whole game is too damn easy, at the start you get 5 1-ups then there are 2 more to be found on the Mario spaceship which is a little annoying.

A lot of the levels have been recycled from Super Mario Galaxy, which is a real shame. I've got 19 stars now I think, on the 3rd world- played it for about 5 or so hours.

I think the whole game is too damn easy, at the start you get 5 1-ups then there are 2 more to be found on the Mario spaceship which is a little annoying.

A lot of the levels have been recycled from Super Mario Galaxy, which is a real shame. I've got 19 stars now I think, on the 3rd world- played it for about 5 or so hours.

But considering that's 19/242. Since I think there is 50 stars till the game final. Then 70 more. Then 120 Green stars. (Luigi?) And then 2 unlockable big final stars. Its 121 more than Galaxy 1 so.

But considering that's 19/242. Since I think there is 50 stars till the game final. Then 70 more. Then 120 Green stars. (Luigi?) And then 2 unlockable big final stars. Its 121 more than Galaxy 1 so.

That doesn't make it difficult- just longer.

Yea I don't get why reviewers are saying this game is so tough. It's way easier than NSMB too me, i'm now 110 stars in and have only had trouble with maybe one or two of them so far. Almost every level can be beat first go, apart from some of the one life boss battles (grrrrrr), people must just be ****** at games these days as they are mostly so easy compared to what they used to be.

I'm waiting for it to be released in Europe xD

I will be playing it for sure, considering its the only Wii game to ever get a top rating on Gamespot (10/10) :)

Yea I don't get why reviewers are saying this game is so tough. It's way easier than NSMB too me, i'm now 110 stars in and have only had trouble with maybe one or two of them so far. Almost every level can be beat first go, apart from some of the one life boss battles (grrrrrr), people must just be ****** at games these days as they are mostly so easy compared to what they used to be.

I definitely think that's the case- games are getting easier. If we go back and play Super Mario Bros. 3, I'm sure many people on here will find it much more difficult than any other game available at the moment.

I have contacts at a norwegian retailer, so i bought mine 1 week ago ;) over 2 weeks before the nordic release date;)

I definitely think that's the case- games are getting easier. If we go back and play Super Mario Bros. 3, I'm sure many people on here will find it much more difficult than any other game available at the moment.

For sure. I don't think this is entirely a bad thing, definitely games are now longer and have more content so it may take you as long as an old game you died on 100 times just to get through a new one without dying once.

It does help with frustration but I also think there is absolutely nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment when you finally do something you've been trying for hours or even days straight. No epic cinematics or life like gfx can mimic that feeling. Movies are movies and games are games because they are not the same thing, although many games (quick time events grrrrrr) are becoming close and closer to being movies I don't see the point!

**** I got carried away, more than slightly off topic lol. Back to Mario.

I love the two player mode in galaxy 2 so much! I can see how it would be too easy for most but my girlfriend would get no more than ten stars by herself. With me helping she may actually have a chance at beating the last boss and we both get to have a blast! I love seeing how she tackles some of the gameplay scenarios that I'm just so used to from playing games all my life. Things that seem so chill to me (rotating platforms, people chasing you etc.) make her scream in terror LOL

I've got my copy and I have to say that I'm in love with it. Me and my gf played the first one endlessly and this is a great follow on, the addition of Yoshi and playing as Luigi are already a fav for me.

Great game, just what I needed since I was getting bored of TF2. The music is good just like the first game.

Got this game Tuesday, and have been hooked ever since! The level designs really creative, and am loving some of the throwbacks they threw in. Glad they did away with the overworld of the first one and just went to with a map like NSMBW. Can't wait to see what the Secret World is.

• 1 month later...

Just started this the other day...And I sat there with a giant smile on my face the entire time playing! Had someone seen me, they would have thought I lost my mind. It was like I was a kid on christmas day.

I have to say Shigeru Miyamoto is a F#@$%# genius.

Nearing the end of this game I think (still have plenty of 2nd stars and comet stars left) and I have to say that some of these levels are just crazy difficult. I cannot even say how long it took me to beat the one level where you slide down the tree. Such a great game I def might go back and play SMG1 as I completely skipped that when it came out.

Nearing the end of this game I think (still have plenty of 2nd stars and comet stars left) and I have to say that some of these levels are just crazy difficult. I cannot even say how long it took me to beat the one level where you slide down the tree. Such a great game I def might go back and play SMG1 as I completely skipped that when it came out.

I got stuck on "The Perfect Run" or star 242, so I went back and finished SMG1 - 100%. Luigi's Purple Coins - aahhhh dammit I hated that level, but I finally got it. :)

I still cannot beat the final level, I grab 99 men and usually get to the robots that fire the red rings and die. I've given up... :(

I got stuck on "The Perfect Run" or star 242, so I went back and finished SMG1 - 100%. Luigi's Purple Coins - aahhhh dammit I hated that level, but I finally got it. :)

I still cannot beat the final level, I grab 99 men and usually get to the robots that fire the red rings and die. I've given up... :(

Damn! Looks like I got a hell of a long way to go! Only 41 stars at the moment.

But on the bright side, I still got a long way to go! :woot: