XP memory management is primitive: RAMMap only for Vista/7

Sysinternals has just released a new utility!

RAMMap is a memory analyzer, a lightweight tool (272KB) that gives you a very detailed look at exactly what is your system’s memory is up to right now. It presents its report in a tabbed dialog box whose opening page is a colorful, well-organized bar graph:

image135.png

This works on Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 only. It doesn’t work on XP, and for good reason: XP memory management is primitive. Most of what’s measured here doesn’t exist in XP. If you use Windows and memory management is important to you, dump XP and get a modern OS. Seriously.

http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=2868

Oh noes! I am using XP. Memory management is so important to my everyday computing life it will be a mess without it. I gotta call the store to purchase windows 8 this second!!!!oneeleven111

Excellent... thanks for the update! :)

Handy piece of kit that!

Oh noes! I am using XP. Memory management is so important to my everyday computing life it will be a mess without it. I gotta call the store to purchase windows 8 this second!!!!oneeleven111

From the original post (emphasis mine): "If you use Windows and memory management is important to you, dump XP and get a modern OS."

XP memory management is primitive. Most of what?s measured here doesn?t exist in XP. If you use Windows and memory management is important to you, dump XP and get a modern OS. Seriously.

http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=2868

It's not primative. It's just manages memory different. You are one of increasingly people that think people should replace things just because it's newer, better when infact the opposite holds true for most things. I don't care how my memory is being used as long as it is being used. I run GTA4 on 4GB RAM and it ran smoothly all on high graphics settings.