233 members have voted

1. 1. A delicious steak should be ...

• Rare (or rarer)
    • Medium-rare
    • Medium
    • Well-done
    • Cooked some way that eludes these choices
    • Left alive as part of the noble creature, the cow

As an fyi to anyone doing their steak over medium-rare; you're destroying something beautiful. Might as well just cremate it and eat the ashes.

As an fyi to anyone doing their steak over medium-rare; you're destroying something beautiful. Might as well just cremate it and eat the ashes.

Undercooked meat = worms. Won't be risking it for anything under medium.

Undercooked meat = worms. Won't be risking it for anything under medium.

Rare/medium-rare isn't undercooked at all. It's properly cooked. It's more accurate to say that >medium rare is overcooked.

hmmm you only get worms if it's really bad quality meat, the surface which is the "dirtier" part of the meat, gets/should be cooked at high temperatures. The inside part, should be without worms/eggs/cysts if it came from a healthy cow and reputable butcher.

Medium-well for me (medium is the lowest I will willingly eat), my aunt likes it practically still mooing though. She eats her steaks warmed up on the grill (not even hot), virtually uncooked.

Same with burgers and other kinds of meats....I do not mind seeing a tiny bit of color in the middle, but I don't like them being bloody or anything.

2 ways. I cook my streak is to put a cast iron fry pan to maximum heat with oil and land my steak in it .

Count to 100 and flip it and do the same for the other side.

Or i preheat the bbq to 700 degree and basically do the same.

A well done steak is so bad it is like leather :pinch:

Quality of the meat counts as i am a fan of rib eye. Yum.

Am I the only person on this forum that enjoys their steak rare? :)

If it's a good cut, I enjoy it rare. Medium-rare is just what I tend to order most... at the average steakhouse.

A well done steak is so bad it is like leather :pinch:

Only if its a bad cut/low quality meat.

I have eaten well done steak that virtually melts when you bite into it, you obviously have not had a good-quality steak. :p