Looking to buy new lens for Nikon DSLR

I want to buy a lens that would be great for all around photography, I currently have the Nikon D5000. It's a DX format camera.

I just have the Kit Lens (18-55mm f/3.5 - f/5.6 DX Nikkor) and the Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom.

I have been eyeing on getting either the:

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Wide Angle Auto Focus Nikkor Lens $199.95

or

Tokina AT-X 35mm f/2.8 PRO DX Macro Lens for Nikon $319.00

What would you guys recommend? Or any other alternative lens. My max I can pay is $400.

A macro lens would be a plus because I love to take flower photography.

If you guys have any experience using either of these lenses can you share your experience?

Here's a side by side comparison of the two lenses:

Comparison

and

Thanks for all the help/suggestions guys! :)

Well I just bought the 35mm af-s about 2 weeks ago. So far I'm pretty in love with it. I love the f/1.8 as it's great for low light and creating that shallow DOF. The autofocus also works really well. However, I do find that it's not a perfect walk around lens as there are still some shots that you just can't get. It's great with closeup subjects but not wide enough for landscapes, no matter how much you move your feet. Having said that, I really like 35mm af-s. I also upgraded from the 18-55, 55-200 vr.

Since i'm just a beginner, I'm beginning to side with the Nikon instead of the Tokina.

It's much lighter than the tokina and also cheaper

I'd also recommend the Nikon 35mm lens. It's definitely a great lens and should work wonders for you as you learn about photography.

I've heard that the 35mm is a very good option for the Nikon mount, it looks good on paper too. I'd say go for it.

If you want to do macro, however, I'd look into something with 1:1 magnification ratio, maybe the 50mm Sigma since it's relatively cheap ($299) http://www.amazon.co...75376814&sr=8-1 and IMO 35mm is too short for any real Macro work