MetroTwit - WPF Twitter Client Released

Closing the app and restarting it gives me this error now:

Exception Info: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at MetroTwit.View.NotificationView.AddNotification(ObservableCollection`1 newTweets, Int32 newCount, String notificationName)

at MetroTwit.View.NotificationView.Notify(ObservableCollection`1 newTweets, Int32 newCount, String notificationName)

at MetroTwit.ViewModel.TweetListViewModel.MakeSomeNoise(List`1 Tweets, Int32 Count, String Name)

at MetroTwit.ViewModel.TweetListViewModel.TweetsUpdated()

at MetroTwit.ViewModel.TweetListViewModel.<.ctor>b__0(TweetData tweets)

at MetroTwit.MVVM.PropertyObserver`1.System.Windows.IWeakEventListener.ReceiveWeakEvent(Type managerType, Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEventToList(Object sender, EventArgs args, ListenerList list)

at System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventManager.OnPropertyChanged(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs args)

at MetroTwit.MVVM.ObservableObject.RaisePropertyChanged(String propertyName)

at MetroTwit.Model.TweetData.backgroundWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Also, all of my original problems still persist. My infinite scrolling is working here :)

Closing the app and restarting it gives me this error now:

Also, all of my original problems still persist. My infinite scrolling is working here :)

We just fixed the app crash on load. Restart it to auto-update. :)

Will be working through all the other issues.

In settings the check box for starting it up when I log in doesn't, actually none of the boxes work in settings.

In settings the check box for starting it up when I log in doesn't, actually none of the boxes work in settings.

They're not enabled yet :)

Can't wait to try the app later on my Windows 7. Just wanna find a good alternative to TweetDeck

By the way, Long, I think I saw you on the Office 2010 launch in Sydney a few weeks ago :)

Getting this when I tried retweeting a tweet

Exception Info: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. 

at TweetSharp.Twitter.Fluent.FluentTwitter.ValidateUpdateText()
 at TweetSharp.Twitter.Fluent.FluentTwitter.InitializeRequest(Boolean async)
 at TweetSharp.Twitter.Fluent.FluentTwitter.Request()
 at MetroTwit.ViewModel.TwitViewModel.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
 at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
 at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

The newest update stop the crash on start up for me.

Same here! This app is simply beautiful & my default twitter app.

Just got this when I opened it

Exception Info: Could not find file 'C:\Users\BattleInc\AppData\Roaming\MetroTwit\User_Images\67463262_boygeniusreport.jpg'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)

at MetroTwit.Extensions.UriToBitmapConverter.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)

at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)

at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.CompleteGetValue(AsyncGetValueRequest request)

at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.OnCompleteGetValueOperation(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

And I got again

Just got this when I opened it

Exception Info: Could not find file 'C:\Users\BattleInc\AppData\Roaming\MetroTwit\User_Images\67463262_boygeniusreport. jpg'.

Just pushed out an update that should fix this crash. Restart the app to receive the update. :)

Wow! Really nice, will install once i've got rid of Beta 2 of VS 2010 and installed the Release copy biggrin.gif

Super sexy interface!

I must say that is amazing, I haven't tested it well yet but so far, so good... I love the Zune-like interface

Just installed... Amazing! All it needs now is to remember read tweets on start up again (It's on the known-issue list as I have seen) and to fix the size. As on my screen when It opens some goes under the superbar. So I try and move the program up. But it seems to lock some space. About half a centimetre it locked. So if I drag it above it will just move it down a bit. It does not do this for other apps so... Just hope this gets fixed as it can get a bit annoying at times.

Great app though.

Just pushed out an update that should fix this crash. Restart the app to receive the update. :)

Works better nowyes.gif

Is there any way we can change the program icon? I'm using an icon set for my taskbar so it looks kind of out of place and it doesn't seem like the normal way of changing a shortcut's icon works.

Is there any way we can change the program icon? I'm using an icon set for my taskbar so it looks kind of out of place and it doesn't seem like the normal way of changing a shortcut's icon works.

Can you show us how your icon set for yours taskbar looks? Being curious... hehe

And no, there is no way you can do that. The program is in development right now. Fill a bug report and make your request. Be kind and remember they are still fixing things, so the first priority goes to problems and fixes than adding features and stuff.

Changing the colors by matching your Windows color style or selecting it by yourself. I would love to make it similar look as the Zune software does.

It is notifying me about some same updates, replies each time when im starting app. Is there any way to get rid of this without turning off graphic/sound notifications?

It is notifying me about some same updates, replies each time when im starting app. Is there any way to get rid of this without turning off graphic/sound notifications?

No, that will be fixed in an update.

From their blog, http://www.metrotwit.com/blog/:

?Read? tweets do not save between sessions after closing application

This is a known issue and will be fixed in a future release.

I met one the guys who wrote this software at REMIX in Melbourne last week - it's quite an awesome demo of the power of WPF and .NET. :)

Shame no one else uses the one click install or any other feature of .NET. I'd love web browsers or IM clients to do the same. Those need a simple way of installation and a consistent update mechanism like metrotwit provides.