4 year-old boy survives 70 ft. fall

MIAMI -- A 4-year-old boy is lucky to be alive after falling seven stories.

According to City of Miami Police, Joey Williams jumped over the 17th floor railing of his apartment at the Grand Residences Condominium, located at 1717 N. Bayshore Drive, and fell onto the 10th floor pool area.

"I said, he is the miracle baby, and for everybody that's watching: There is a God out there," said Jerry Unawich, Joey's grandfather, "and I've seen that today ... God was with him when he fell. If you see him, there's not one scratch on him. I truly know that God was with him every step of the way."

According to officials, Joey landed on top of a tree and bounced to another tree before falling on a patch of dirt. Most of the 10th floor area is covered by cement, but there is a small area with trees and dirt.

Witnesses at the scene said Joey just missed falling on exposed pipes and could have been impaled. "It's all cement, as you can see, except for this one little area of dirt right here," said witness Jay Beasly, as he pointed out a patch of dirt only a few feet around, "and you can see that there's metal things protruding, and basically God just put him right there on the dirt, from the two trees, so it's a total miracle, and he's alive."

"When I received the call ... I was expecting to arrive here and see something completely different," said Public Information Officer Kenia Alfonso. "When I learned that this child was full of life, and he was able to break a fall with a palm tree and on to a 10th floor surface, to me that is a miracle."

Miami Fire Rescue responded and treated Joey on the scene. They report that he will be fine but transported him to Jackson Memorial Hospital as a precaution.

Rescuers also had to transport the boy's mother after she fainted at the scene.

Unawich said, he was inside the condo unit with Joey and his mother when he noticed the child has somehow disappeared. "I don't know how he got out," he said. "He just opened the door, and I'm looking for him around the place, and I'm going, 'Where is this kid?' and I just see the door open, and I ran down to the patio. A soon as I see the door open, I just went downstairs."

Police said it does appear accidental, but the Department of Children and Families will be contacted, according to procedure. "Detectives are telling us that indeed it appears to have been an accident, and there's no foul play involved," noted Alfonso.

Joey remains at JMH; he is scheduled to be released Monday.

source

ummm.....

Child survives 7-story fall

"According to City of Miami Police, Joey Williams jumped over the 17th floor railing of his apartment..."

Which is it... 7th story or 17th :s

ummm.....

Child survives 7-story fall

"According to City of Miami Police, Joey Williams jumped over the 17th floor railing of his apartment..."

Which is it... 7th story or 17th :s

he fell from the 17th floor to the 10th floor...7 stories

So a miracle happens - something unexplainable; that definitely means there is a God and 'God' was there, guiding the boy... no. If 'God' was there, maybe it could have shown itself so we know for sure to believe in it - that would have made sense, unless 'God' isn't very bright? If there is a 'God' of course it is intelligent; thus, this leads me - even more - to believe it doesn't exist and wasn't there helping the boy.

I'm very glad the boy is okay though :yes:

Pure luck, that's all it is, no more, no less! Glad that the child is OK

Thinking about it, if the child had been killed, someone would have said it was God's will or some such nonsense!