HTC EVO 4G as portfolio

It's time to upgrade my cell phone, my blackberry 8300 is reaching its busting point, issues starting to crop up, plus its time I finally got data on my phone. I'm looking at the EVO 4G as a replacement (I'm on ATT but would switch to sprint), but want to see your opinions on the following:

I currently use a 1st Gen IPOD touch as my portable portfolio to show people/new models, etc.

I am looking at the EVO 4G to replace both my cell and the ipod touch.

Facts:

EVO 4g has a 16bit screen (65K colors) vs Ipod/Iphone 24bit screen (16Million colors)

EVO 4g has a much larger screen.

I have briefly loaded some of my work onto a coworkers EVO, but I have not been able to spent a lot of time testing the phone to see if it would be suitable as a replacement portable portfolio, so I ask this: Anyone that shoots around here, if you have one of these phones, and you understand color profiling, resolution, bit depth, banding...etc, would you recommend this phone as a portfolio device? Do you do anything different to your work to profile it to look better on the display? The larger screen on the EVO is enough to sway me away from the higher bit-depth screen of the iphone, however image quality and color fidelity/vibrancy are very important to me on a mobile device.

So would anyone recommend the EVO as a replacement?

Thanks.

I would recommend it. While the iphone has a better screen, it wont be something that you would really notice. At these sizes, the screens are basically as good as they will get, at least for how we can perceive them. Also, the camera might be better, but we really don't have anything to compare both against.

In the long run, the EVO would be a better display device due to the size of the screen. It will also save you money, as the phone and service plan are cheaper than what AT&T offers.

I would recommend it. While the iphone has a better screen, it wont be something that you would really notice. At these sizes, the screens are basically as good as they will get, at least for how we can perceive them. Also, the camera might be better, but we really don't have anything to compare both against.

In the long run, the EVO would be a better display device due to the size of the screen. It will also save you money, as the phone and service plan are cheaper than what AT&T offers.

Thanks Shakey... to clarify, I really don't care about the cameras in the phone, I would use it for social networking/portfolio/sms/phone usage only, so cameras in phones mean nothing to me. All I care about really is the large screen, and looking at my ipod touch next to the EVO, the screen is huge. The 8bit depth difference is slightly noticeable, but I'm thinking that over time, I could probably easily get used to that deficit, as the larger screen is better for showing images....that and the NEXT one may have a 24bit screen, in which case it would be perfect. I was thinking of getting an IPAD for the task, but I really don't want to lug around the big tablet just to show photos.

For purely screen size, an Evo or iPad would be good.

For quality, the iPhone 4 screen has higher resolution than the Evo, and probably more accurate color reproduction as it's an IPS display.

I'm not sure which would really be better in your case, the larger screen on the Evo might make more of an impact than the higher DPI of the new iPhone.

Probably best for photo display would be an iPad, but that's a lot of money for a device you would only use for one purpose, and like you said it isn't exactly pocketable.

Yea, are you aware of the new iPhone 4 that came out on Monday? The new screen on it is epic. It has over 300 pixels per inch. It's 4x better than the previous iphone/ipod touch.

Also, I'm not sure if you care, but the EVO has an extra $10 a month charge to it because it's 4G. Just an FYI.

if you think AT&T is bad, just wait until you move to Sprint. AT&T will feel like heaven. I would not recommend it. I would wait until you get an EVO like phone on any other service

if you want to show your portfolio pieces everywhere you go, i would probably get iPad (if you can afford it) cuz people dont want to see your portfolio in such small screen.

if you want to show your portfolio pieces everywhere you go, i would probably get iPad (if you can afford it) cuz people dont want to see your portfolio in such small screen.

this. if you are wanting to really impress them with a image, this would be your best bet right now. Would have to carry something else, but would help in looking more professional, which goes a long way.

if you think AT&T is bad, just wait until you move to Sprint. AT&T will feel like heaven. I would not recommend it. I would wait until you get an EVO like phone on any other service

I went from ATT to sprint and felt like I went to heaven. I had no coverage w/ ATT, let alone 3G coverage. Sprint I've NEVER had a dropped call and have 3G coverage everywhere. The two networks aren't even comparable.

As lame as I think the iPad is, I kinda have to agree.

this. if you are wanting to really impress them with a image, this would be your best bet right now. Would have to carry something else, but would help in looking more professional, which goes a long way.

I too agree that this would be a good move, if only for screen size and the "wow factor" the iPad currently has. People would be all like: "This guy's a pro!"

You'd have to carry 2 things around though. It might be wise to have your portfolio on BOTH your cell phone AND an iPad just in case you're ever caught with a nice opportunity and didn't bring along the iPad. You can say something like "I only have my phone with me right now" and give them a preview.