XCode 4 screens starting to leak

You know, when they say "skins," is it possible to they mean being able to theme the window, like what you can do in Terminal? Since Leopard, Terminal has had a few window themes you could choose from, one of which makes the window like black transparent glass, and then you can have custom fonts, etc. Perhaps that's what they meant by "skins," unless Xcode already let you do that?

Yeah, more like TextMate themes than WindowBlinds skins.

You know, when they say "skins," is it possible to they mean being able to theme the window, like what you can do in Terminal? Since Leopard, Terminal has had a few window themes you could choose from, one of which makes the window like black transparent glass, and then you can have custom fonts, etc. Perhaps that's what they meant by "skins," unless Xcode already let you do that?

Already there (except for the alpha transparency you mentioned). It might be a more robust and customizable system in Xcode 4, though. Who knows?

post-17580-12762673877684.png

Already there (except for the alpha transparency you mentioned). It might be a more robust and customizable system in Xcode 4, though. Who knows?

+1 I personally use the midnight one (not sure about the name....but it has a dark background ;))

That actually looks like it would be productive.

Definitely. It's a much nicer single-window interface, and having IB built in (like one of the screenshots suggests) would be great.

Definitely. It's a much nicer single-window interface, and having IB built in (like one of the screenshots suggests) would be great.

I never quite understood why IB was separate (I know it comes from NeXT OS but they should have integrated them at one point)

No telling about IB. Programming in Visual Studio has spoiled me though, especially with the user interface. It's so much easier dealing with controls in VS than in XCode and IB. More like a pita with XCode and IB unless you do it all the time.

I read that the tutorial sessions from WWDC are on iTunes (including the xcode ones).... can't check from work but I will once I'm at home

I watched one of them. It's nice to see that they integrated Interface Builder within the Xcode.

I watched one of them. It's nice to see that they integrated Interface Builder within the Xcode.

It pretty much matches and possibly beats Visual Studio in a lot of areas. Apple like Microsoft realise that a way to a programmers heart is to provide awesome development tools which make life a whole lot easier to achieve an end goal. I wonder with the move to GCC-LLVM and LLVM as an option whether we'll see Mac OS X 10.7 being completely compiled using GCC-LLVM or maybe even LLVM :) Some here might argue that it doesn't affect end users but I say it does - if it means that it is easier to debug applications, locate bugs and fix them then the next version of Mac OS X should be more reliable, secure and have less bugs - and that goes for vendors who move to XCode 4 for their development as well :D