Game 01 - South Africa vs. Mexico

Who do you think will win game 1?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the game?

• South Africa
    • Mexico
    • Draw

So, I think it'll be a good idea to have a thread per game otherwise we'll have a cluster**** in the World Cup thread.

I think that Mexico will prevail at the inaugural game, 3-1 is my forecast.

Feel free to discuss.?

I wouldn't underestimate SA, they're playing in front of home crowd and waited forever for this. I predict upset 2-1 in SA favor.

Does anyone have any good links to watch the match online in the UK?

Here in the US its all on ESPN on tv, sorry. However, for games which we don't regularly get such as Champions League and other Euro leagues, try p2p4u.net, use it regularly at school to keep up with Barca

Oh, yea, I chose Mexico thought I wouldn't mind an 'upset'. At least now SA has made possession a bit more even.

No, it wasn't a goal. That Mexican was ahead of the goalkeeper so he gets the flag treatment. A saffer on the line makes no difference ;)

Really? Well there is the American in me showing :whistle: little things like that escape me.

THE F*CK.......................

:no:

That was a goal...

Has to be 2 players infront, just usually the goalkeeper is always there.. so you only see 1 and forget about the goalkeeper. So then there was only 1 player on the line, so he was offside.

I think Mexico will win. :)

PS. I think a topic per game is good. Maybe we need to tag it though. Like [WC2010]. Can the mods clear this up early to avoid future confusion?

+1 to that [WC2010] Tags!

Has to be 2 players infront, just usually the goalkeeper is always there.. so you only see 1 and forget about the goalkeeper. So then there was only 1 player on the line, so he was offside.

Thank you for clarifying, I have only been REALLY into soccer the past two years, and that is something I haven't noticed. :)