[E3 2010] Microsoft Press Conference

Microsoft deliver again on their E3 press conference. ?100 says Sony just show a bunch of slides talking about how many Playstation's they are selling.

ROFL

Well with a cotton bud inside it I don't think there's much chance of some German fixing it...Roll on black 360! Then all my consoles will be black, except for my Wii, but that doesn't count.

I doubt Nintendo will have a bigger conference but even if Sony focuses on Move, their long conference will still show off a bunch of games even if half of them are multi-platform. Big oops Microsoft...

Nothing but motion games, where's the hardcore stuff?

New 360 looks nice, hope its truly fixed this time.

My main concern is Kinect seems rather useless unless its in a decent sized room.

I wonder if they'll start replacing RROD units with new ones? Will depend on how much cheaper the new ones are to produce I guess.

They might send me a new one, not a refurb white one then for me!

I don't know about "pure crap", but they could have done so much better. Microsoft needs to remember that E3 is for industry people, and they're not going to be as impressed by the Kinect as the family audience will be. So even if this makes Microsoft Wii-like money, it will not do well in the analyzes of their event. They should have partnered more with developers to spend more time on hardcore gaming announcements.

For example: why did they not partner with Valve to show Portal 2 (and it's big announcement, whatever that may be) since it's only going to be on the 360 and PC (well, and Mac)?

IMO: They had everything they needed to make a good showcase, they just didn't segment their time very well. They should have spent less time on Kinect and more time on hardcore games and the software update.

Why did I buy a 360 2 months ago, why....and why did I send it off for repair in Thursday, why....WHY??

screw 2 months ago I got mine last month. hmm I wonder what Walmart's return period is.....

Waiting for GameStop to announce trade in deals for the new 360.... Totally getting one!

Microsoft deliver again on their E3 press conference. ?100 says Sony just show a bunch of slides talking about how many Playstation's they are selling.

Even that would be better than Microsoft's conference.

Well, at least the ones in the audience didn't leave disappointed.

Haha!

Well twitter is raging, GAF is about to go critical and GB has gone to sleep. Hell this was almost as bad as the Ninty conference last year.

That was disappointing, no surprise announcement of some special game, everything shown we knew was coming beforehand.

I'm a little saddened by this giving free Xboxes away to everyone, considering the fuss we get over paid journalism these days, to be giving everyone a free console just for attending, I look forward to see how this conference and stuff gets reviewed now.

I'm also a little annoyed that I haven't long bought an Xbox 360 and a new one with built in Wi-Fi for the same price, lol.

But as a whole, very disappointing compared to previous years.

considering the fuss we get over paid journalism these days, to be giving everyone a free console just for attending, I look forward to see how this conference and stuff gets reviewed now.

Aye, that was my initial thought too.

Very, very disappointing. Suppose they couldn't live up to last years exceptionally high expectations. Let's hope Sony have got something special planned.

I'm a little saddened by this giving free Xboxes away to everyone, considering the fuss we get over paid journalism these days, to be giving everyone a free console just for attending, I look forward to see how this conference and stuff gets reviewed now.

IMO, that's the last thing Microsoft was trying to do. Why announce you're bribing someone if you're going to bribe them? No, this was to get journalists to put information on the console on their Web site before it gets to the store to build hype.