Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010

the games fatal flaw is that some tracks are way to hard and i consider myself pretty good at racing games to. this is basically a show stopper and why i basically stoped playing the game.

basically the overall game changed a little to much to (like turning around corners and your speed slows down (while the CPU seems immune to it etc :( ) )... no more upgrades to engines etc and the feel of the game changed a little. about the only thing i wish was in Most Wanted is the power up movies like 'spike strips' and 'EMP's' etc.

plus the game ONLY allows Automatic transmission which is a definite negative as i always used manual on the Need 4 Speed games.

p.s. the modern need 4 speed series peaked with... Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted. that's definitely the peak of the series for the modern Need 4 Speed series which started with the NFS:Underground series to date.

what made Most Wanted good is the general feel of the game was solid. nothing was unrealistically hard (for the most part) and the cops where involved a good amount. just a overall solid arcade racer.

on a side note: Forza series is my favorite (sim) racing game hands down (i play with ALL assists OFF. makes it more fun/challenging that way). but that aside i like (or should say liked) the Need 4 Speed series in general but this new Hot Pursuit gets a thumbs down from me overall because it's way to hard to the point it's a show stopper.

yeah i can see the difficulty ramping up later in the career being an issue. and the constant disconnects from autolog. funny, it didn't occur to me that there's no manual transmission in this one, that's true! i'm fine with automatic tho.

p.s. the modern need 4 speed series peaked with... Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted. that's definitely the peak of the series for the modern Need 4 Speed series which started with the NFS:Underground series to date.

what made Most Wanted good is the general feel of the game was solid. nothing was unrealistically hard (for the most part) and the cops where involved a good amount. just a overall solid arcade racer.

Nothing's been unrealistically hard in HP for me. Except for one track I've got a handle on pretty much everything. Racer level 15 and cop level 11.

And I don't play all that many racing games to any serious extent.

Most Wanted and Carbon were good, but you could tell they pretty much both had the exact same moderately crappy looking engine and shared some of the same stupid bugs.

I'm glad the Need for Speed games now are actually polished. Haven't tried Shift but I suppose I will sometime.

Nothing's been unrealistically hard in HP for me. Except for one track I've got a handle on pretty much everything. Racer level 15 and cop level 11.

And I don't play all that many racing games to any serious extent.

Most Wanted and Carbon were good, but you could tell they pretty much both had the exact same moderately crappy looking engine and shared some of the same stupid bugs.

I'm glad the Need for Speed games now are actually polished. Haven't tried Shift but I suppose I will sometime.

Carbon was flawed. Most Wanted was better mostly because Cops where more involved (i.e. more fun) and Carbon got way to hard near the end (i was pretty damn close to the end if not the end level but could not win) to the point i think it stopped me from beating it. so basically Carbon was a weaker version of Most Wanted.... so basically the general feel/setup of the game was solid in Most Wanted but i think the COPS where most involved in that which make it the most fun.

i think the main levels that give me a problem in Hot Pursuit is the time trial ones with those fancy cars... i believe it was the Zonda one and stuff of that sort that's stopping me as my times. because i tried racing those tracks a reasonable amount and my times just can't seem to get near Gold status (i.e. first place) which is what you need to advance to the next track etc.

i think the turning is where i probably lose noticeable time on as if your car turns to much it seems to lose a lot of speed and just feels awkward as i can't adjust to it. i am more used to sim racing games anyways the more realistic ones. because Forza 3 i can play on Hard (with ALL assists OFF. which makes the game as hard as possible) and not have to much issues on basically everything but the super high up (R1 level) cars but those cars i don't care to drive as they just ain't as fun to drive as the more regular cars in the B-A-S-R3-R2 etc classes.

PC Need For Speed Won't Get Consoles' DLC

Not only is Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit's first downloadable content package not coming to the game's PC version, the PC version isn't getting any of the consoles' paid DLC extensions, period, according to the game's studio.

Big Download reports that Criterion Games, on the official Need For Speed message boards, confirmed the lack of PC DLC on Friday. "Unfortunately we will not be releasing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PDLC for the PC," wrote a developer. "We have a limited amount of resources that makes it so that we are unable to deliver new content to all platforms."

PC gamers, in their forum replies, did not take the news well. The dev went on to say that "we do have more updates and content on the way for PC players - look for news very soon." No other details were given.

http://kotaku.com/5712489/pc-need-for-speed-wont-get-consoles-dlc

i wont miss the DLC :p

This is game is all class. My only two problems with it are the rubber band AI that I can't ever seem to pull away from and the music sucks. I fixed the music problem with my custom play list :)

1. Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down

2. The People that we love - BUSH

3. Everything Zen - BUSH

4. Ordinary - Buzzhorn (Was a track from previous HP)

5. I get it - Chevelle

6. Wall of Shame - Course of Nature (Was a track in previous HP)

7. Another Hit and Run - Def Leppard

8. Crawling in the Dark - Hoobastank

9. Turbo Lover - Judas Priest

10. KickStart my Heart - Motley Crue

11. Living on the Edge - Britney Fox

12. Where's the Fire? - Music from the movie Wraith

13. Secret Loser - Ozzy - Music from the movie Wraith

14. Never Surrender - Lion - Music from the movie Wraith

15. Crazy Train - Ozzy

16. I Devise my Own Demise - Papa Roach

17. Free - Powerman 5000

18. I can't Drive 55 - Sammy Haggar

19. Breakdown - Tantric

20. Astounded - Tantric

21. Panama - Van Halen

22. Ain't Talk'n Bout Love - Van Halen

23. Shelter - Greenwheel - Music from Fast and the Furious

24. Boys of Summer - The Ataris

25. The Air that I Breathe - All that Remains

26. Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm

27. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

28. You could be Mine - GNR

29. How Long - Hinder

30. Heaven Sent - Hinder

31. Who's going Home with You Tonight? - Trapt

32. Remember Me? - Hoobastank

33. Roll'n (Air Raid Vehicle) - Limp Bizkit

34. Testarossa - Sir Mix Alot

35. And the Hero will Drown - Page Avenue - Music from NFS: Carbon

36. Becoming the Bull - Atreyu

Yeah, I'm old :laugh: I can't race to that crap they think is racing music these days :angry: Back to the gameplay, sometimes I like to just free drive. The sense of speed in this game is very well done. One of the few games that make me want to invest in a good steering wheel.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 has just been released on Steam, and I'm contemplating on buying it. The problem is that it's quite expensive, at $49.99. I've read the reviews and the comments here in this thread and I'm still unsure of getting it or not. Any chance of a sale happening soon and if there isn't, would you recommend it to me? I've played all the NFS games except Porsche Unleashed and Shift, so I'm no stranger to the game.

I just don't know if it's worth the high price :unsure: .

Scirwode

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit has just been released on Steam, and I'm contemplating on buying it. The problem is that it's quite expensive, at $49.99. I've read the reviews and the comments here in this thread and I'm still unsure of getting it or not. Any chance of a sale happening soon and if there isn't, would you recommend it to me? I've played all the NFS games except Porsche Unleashed and Shift, so I'm no stranger to the game.

I just don't know if it's worth the high price :unsure: .

Scirwode

It's totally worth it.

Zavvi are selling it for ?12.95 now, quite a difference compared to ?29.99 on Steam, why has it dropped this much so soon? Might get it but it's odd it gets positive critic reviews but very poor user reviews.

VRam, i find the music quite good. i agree with you that this game has some control issues, tho, the cars suffer from severe oversteer and are all over the place even on dry roads. otherwise a very good release.

Ive had the game for a few days now and have not been able to autolog once yet. Ive almost completed the single player. Im missing out on half the game. I made a video of the annoying aggravating wait at start up every single time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alk6XqEYEXU

notice the NFS World ad at the "end" of autolog and then I'm plunged into another autolog like its mocking me.

Coming out of every race I wait again for autolog to sit and spin and nothing. Firewall is fine, Ive checked for messed up host files, I don't think this is on my end..but it has never logged me on at all. Any ideas?

Ive had the game for a few days now and have not been able to autolog once yet. Ive almost completed the single player. Im missing out on half the game. I made a video of the annoying aggravating wait at start up every single time:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Alk6XqEYEXU

notice the NFS World ad at the "end" of autolog and then I'm plunged into another autolog like its mocking me.

Coming out of every race I wait again for autolog to sit and spin and nothing. Firewall is fine, Ive checked for messed up host files, I don't think this is on my end..but it has never logged me on at all. Any ideas?

Yo dog do this:

netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled

Sweet! that worked! Thanks dude.

I'm welcome.

Yo dog do this:

netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled

Sweet! that worked! Thanks dude.

I'm welcome.

True dat. Many of EAs games won't connect at all with that enabled.

It's been a while, forgot about it :)

Zavvi are selling it for ?12.95 now, quite a difference compared to ?29.99 on Steam, why has it dropped this much so soon? Might get it but it's odd it gets positive critic reviews but very poor user reviews.

It's a slow burn for users - I'm enjoying it more with each play once I get used to the driving mechanics. The cars still feel weird and the AI rubberband way too obviously. I've totalled racers more by luck than skill because the PIT manoeuvre doesn't seem to work and if you push a car into the path of an oncoming feature/car, nothing happens.

Eurgh, installed this last night. Only get to multiple nvlddmkm driver has stopped responding errors. I've already tried to fix this issue numerous times, so I am not even going to waste my time with this a move the **** on. Guess I'll grab it for PS3.

for me, if arcade, then it was nfs hp2, MW the best

in those games, atleast there was some weight to the car & there was no compulsory "drift in corners" physics.

i think criterion copied DiRT2's corner concept - drift mode at every turn/corner :p

no standing start

worse rubberband AI than MW.

tank like AI cars

no championship type races

this game kind of gets boring after a while.

Does everyone NOT read the tips during the waiting load?

The drift-into-corner paradigm is specifically recommended for most corners (the tip even tells you what type of corners *not* to drift in).

You can't jump into what is basically a new game blind and expect to pick it up in a jiffy, folks. I own the original HP, HP2, *and* BP (all for PC as I don't own a console), and while the game has elements of all three, it's different enough that I take the time and trouble to read the tips....and follow them!

Championship-type races? This isn't NFSU or Carbon (such racing wasn't in the original HP or HP2 (it *was* in High Stakes; however, HS had no police).

Do you want that ugly *cheater* AI where the AI opponents make impossible-to-duplicate turns and wax you even on the lowest difficulty? That is very much an issue with most *sim* type racers, including Shift and GRiD (even R/C-style racer Trackmania has that problem). Rubber-band AI can be dealt with - a cheating AI is simply a turn-off. (Remember; typically in any racing game with rubber-band AI, you don't get extra credit points for the size of your lead, or even leading so many laps. Instead, I treat each race like the SunTrust 24 at Daytona - I simply try to grab third (or second for shorter races) early, so I can be in position when the AI driver makes a mistake (which the driver will do, and usually in the last mile before the finish line) - and take advantage of said mistake. It works in *any* racing game with rubber-band AI, not just those from EA; for example, it works in both Split/Second and Blur.)

• 4 weeks later...
PC Patch 2 for Hot Pursuit is now available! Download it here (102 MB) or from our downloads page.

The following issues have been fixed in this patch:

- Flickering graphics after Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back.

- Controller configurations sometimes failing to save correctly.

- Steering response dead-zone when playing with steering wheel controllers.

- Player car engine audio volume too low.

- Some issues with CPU performance.

- Rare crash issue when entering the Career map screen.

The patch also contains 3 Free Cars!

- The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, the Lamborghini Murci?lago LP 650-4 Roadster and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.

Note: After installing this patch you will only be able to play online against players who have also installed it. You will, however, continue to get Autolog updates from all other players regardless of which version they are using.

Source: Official NFS Blog

My mate brought this to me when he came to see me at New Year (360) we played it for hours - great laugh.

I went out and got it soon after and got it (for ?22.99) and have been loving it since.

Brilliant laugh, totally seat of the pants stuff where you feel like you almost always on the verge of losing control.

The best missions though are when your a racer and are being pursued, when your dealing with oncoming traffic, other racers, two or more cops hitting you with EMP's, a helicopter dropping spike strips and trying to keep an eye on the map for shortcuts its gaming GOLD.

2 things i hate about this game

1. you unlock the same car over and over again ... come one , how many lamborghinis do you need?!

2. the time trial for say aston martin ... is insane ... you must be so precise ... this is crap man ...

on a side note, i quite enjoyed the chases and takedowns ... more of that