Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010

GI_img_01.jpg

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

This November, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit launches you into a new open-world landscape behind the wheel of the world's fastest and most beautiful cars. From Criterion, the award-winning studio behind the Burnout series, Hot Pursuit will redefine racing games for a whole new generation.

GI_img_02.jpg

You'll experience stunning speeds, takedowns, and getaways as you battle your friends in the most connected Need for Speed game ever. Through Need for Speed Autolog and its innovative approach to connected social competition, your Hot Pursuit experience will extend beyond the console onto the web, social media, and mobile, constantly driving your gameplay in new and unique directions.

GI_img_03.jpg

Loaded with action, this game will challenge you to become Seacrest County's top cop or most wanted racer. For the first time ever in a Need for Speed game, you'll be able to play a full career on either side of the law. This fall, whether you're a lead-foot speeder or a cop with a mean streak, make sure your aviators are spotless and your driving record is anything but.

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info

wow!

Trailer

Veyron, Reventon,... SUV's :D

GameSpot Hands On

The game focuses on two different playable classes--the cop and the racer. The relationship will be "like a dog chasing down a rabbit," according to Sullivan. He said, "We want the racer to feel like the rabbit, and the cop to feel like the dog." Like the dog, the cop is more powerful--not only will police cars be faster, they also won't take damage. Racers actually have it pretty tough in comparison--they'll have more speed and stealth-related power-ups, but they'll take damage every time a cop car hits them. Like the rabbit, the racer should feel vulnerable to attack and will have to outsmart the cop to survive.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265399/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-hands-on-

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

UPDATE

15-08-2010

Snow in NFS HP confirmed

captureoj.png

Screenshots - http://www.nfsunlimited.net/hotpursuit/screenshots

About damn time (Y) [After Reading the title]

gaaaaaaaaa, I WANT!!!! [After looking at the video]

power-ups? whaaaaa? :huh: [After reading the text below the video]

I'm so freaking ecstatic that this series is finally coming back to it's roots! :drool: :happy:

didnt they already make this game?

Hence the '2010' part in the title. :p

The trailer looks great; here's hoping the game performs and feels great. Slightly Mad did a good job with Shift, while Black Box is still using some iteration of the Most Wanted engine for World which continues to perform like crap (though it still ran better than Undercover). I've only played Burnout: Paradise sporadically on the PS3 and it seems okay.

Yummy!

FINALLY!!!

Glassed Silver:mac

edit: / addition: wow! 2.5k posts! x3

I still play the last Hot Pursuit all the time. It's what I install on all my PCs as a benchmark. I remember when 30fps was great, now I can 100fps+. Anyway, the new Hot Pursuit looks great. The most excited I've been for a game in a while.

didnt they already make this game?

Yes, there are already 2 other iterations of this version. Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.

In the old game, weren't the races on tracks?

In the original HP it was all circuit* based racing, however, the sequel offered point to point races along with circuits. From the video I'd say this game takes more heavily from HP2 (with Criterion's own twist added to it of cause) which isn't a bad thing :) Although HP2 was one of the most hated NFS iterations, that was mainly due to the shotty Xbox/PC/Gamecube ports by EA Seattle, the PS2 version (made by Blackbox) was 110% better (I still have it lying around somewhere, sold my Xbox copy though was crap) and was a blast, so I'm definitely looking forward to this :) going to be an epic backend of 2010! this and GT5..I'm all set! :woot: :happy:

* = None of the circuits in either of the games were on actual race tracks. The circuits were set in locals like towns, canyons, forests and the like. High Stakes, the successor to Hot Pursuit, did include (fictitious) purpose built race tracks. Race tracks weren't featured again until around Underground 2 and Shift was the first to include real world race tracks.

Yes! I was hoping Criterion Games would take this route. I'm officially excited for this game. :D

If they want to make remakes

I beg them to re make UG 1 and 2!

As far as I can remember, nope. The only NFS to involve track racing was Shift, and that was terrible lol

I guess pro-street too (both flopped :D)

I am getting bored of need for speed games now, I guess I might give this a go as the last one was pretty slick.