Neowin: The little site that could, would.

post-2-1276689395111.png

We have decided to pilot advertising on the Google AdWords Network in an effort to get our site out there, where people have not yet heard of our awesomeness.

With homage to the Neowin 1.0 days (of 2000/01) We have decided to use "News, Reviews & Betas" in the ad, but with Tech added in front.

Hopefully this investment is money well spent!

Please screenshot it, if you see it anywhere :p

This hopefully won't lead to more ads on the site?

Dude, why would we advertise Neowin on our own site?

This hopefully won't lead to more ads on the site?

no because they're targeting people who are not running ad blockers and bringing them to the community ;)

Ahhh so targeted advertising. Nice :) Hopefully this will lead to some nice income for you guys.

Question, why is it set to just "United States" in the targeting section? Wouldn't it be better worldwide?

It's a pilot, if it actually does anything for us, we'll expand... good business practice is to start small and work your way up ;)

Just a $1.67 a day could feed starving Nigerians. :huh:

No, that's only $10,000 and you could be a millionair because of some money a former nigerian prince had locked up in the bank of Paraguae but they need the money to get it out so they can feed their people.....

No, that's only $10,000 and you could be a millionair because of some money a former nigerian prince had locked up in the bank of Paraguae but they need the money to get it out so they can feed their people.....

WTF?? He told me by email that he was going to share the money with me if I gave him my bank information to get the money out of country :cry:

My Princess sends me email's 9 times a day. She really likes me.

WTF?? He told me by email that he was going to share the money with me if I gave him my bank information to get the money out of country :cry:

Well don't worry, just give me your credit card information, and I can get the money released for you :devil:

Less AdBlockers feed a starving Neobond

hehe get some acress to play one of those feed the children type ad's for you...

*neobond sits in a delapadated old chair with head down*

*actress walks in* for just a dollar a day, you can make sure this starving site admin can get the things never site admin needs to survive.... just $1 a day buys him drinks, snacks, and new coders.....

wont you help?

Dude, why would we advertise Neowin on our own site?

I mean, would this lead to more third-party ads (i.e. Those in-text ads) being displayed on Neowin to support the costs of advertising Neowin?