What the **** is Eminem doing ****ing with Lil Wayne?

Hip Hop doesn't exist anymore, it died when the South got big, they ruined it, along with Jay-Z, and puff doodoo

That is your opinion.

And 40 million albums worldwide with ten Grammy Awards can't be wrong.

Anyways the topic is the title, not the current state of hip hop.

lil wayne can be unreal when he wnats to be...

Wayne fails on every level possible. I mean Em's album also keeps failing album after album but he still has that art to connect lyrics without any effort almost.

I get second hand embarrassment just reading this thread.....

Little wayne and eminem are both as bad as each other. Hiphop obviously still exists, it's just the commercial stuff is absolute ******** and most borders on the lines of pop, still plenty of good underground independent stuff though (as there always is with anything)

There really isnt much to read.

Little wayne and eminem are both as bad as each other. Hiphop obviously still exists, it's just the commercial stuff is absolute ******** and most borders on the lines of pop, still plenty of good underground independent stuff though (as there always is with anything)

Saying that is like saying Nas and Weird Al Yankovic, are on the same level. Come on, we know currently both are bad but....

And yes there are some great groups just as my personal fav ATOP with production from them as well. Still the lyrics are very repeative and sometimes you need to change styles (from different artists)

Hip Hop doesn't exist anymore, it died when the South got big, they ruined it, along with Jay-Z, and puff doodoo

That's what I keep trying to tell my friends, but it just flies right over their heads.

I thought Recovery is a pretty good album. I'm not a big fan of lil Wayne myself but you can tell Eminem is trying to rap like his old self again in this album.

Fix it there for you ...

That is your opinion.

And 40 million albums worldwide with ten Grammy Awards can't be wrong.

Anyways the topic is the title, not the current state of hip hop.

And like Ice Cube said:

"They just sent they boss over

Put a bug in your ear and now you crossed over

On MTV but they don't care

They'll have a new ni**a next year"

Wayne fails on every level possible. I mean Em's album also keeps failing album after album but he still has that art to connect lyrics without any effort almost.

Em's only good album imo was his first one.

Sorry, what was the point of this question?

A VERY successful rapper has featured on another albeit lesser successful rappers single and video. Since when is this either new or newsworthy?

I thought Recovery is a pretty good album. I'm not a big fan of lil Wayne myself but you can tell Eminem is trying to rap like his old self again in this album.

Yeah i dont know what everyone here is going on about.. Recovery is an incredible album. It's a completely different direction and IMO it turned out great. Anyone who is hating on the album is either not a fan of Eminem to begin with or is too stuck on the slim shady days.

I'm not a big fan of Lil wayne, mostly due to his voice being kind of annoying, but both songs with Em are hot.. and although i don't like wayne, I would have to say he's quite talented when it comes to writing.

Call it my own taste, and most of it is, but I can't stand either of them. Eminem used to do some good stuff when he started, but then, that could have been me being younger too. Lil Wayne has always been terrible (again, imo, though shared with many).

I tend to agree though, the GOOD hip hop is dead. Now it seems like every hip hop song is a "club" song. You know what I mean, the catchy, but ultimately annoying songs that are all about being played in clubs and not good for listening to otherwise.

But hey, we all have our own opinions, that's why there is variety. Otherwise we'd all just listen to one artist all day, every day.

Saying that is like saying Nas and Weird Al Yankovic, are on the same level. Come on, we know currently both are bad but....

Was going to completely ignore this thread, but no one insults The Al without being called on it. No one.

Was going to completely ignore this thread, but no one insults The Al without being called on it. No one.

Wow, the one you saved out of that was Weird Al and not Nas? Haha laugh.gif

soldier boy killed hip hop, not the south.

Pretty close but not quite imo. Puff started the decline of Hip-Hop with the stupid **** he was doing around the time of Big's death.

That's why DMX was so huge when he came out with his first CD in 1998. It was straight rap and not that flashy crap Puff was doing.

As far as the south goes, they just got their shot of fame finally at the wrong time and are getting most of the blame. For me Puffy & the Bad Boy team ruined Hip-Hop.

At least we got MF DOOM. :)

Hip hop has gone the same way Rock did. It was awesome at the start but it couldn't resist commercialization and now it sucks big time.

You need to find good music, not let the music find you. TV music sucks.

• Like 1

You need to find good music, not let the music find you. TV music sucks.

yup, that' show it works. All radio fm/digital/satellite is all garbage. You gotta go on the internet and fight stuff yourself

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I've really grown to like the No Love song by em and wayne.. Em's verse is crazy, you'd be hard pressed to find a song in which Em is either featured on or a song by em that features other rappers where he doesn't outshine them every damn time.

I got second-hand embarrassment reading the title of this thread. Who gives a crap? Both are talented, both obviously sell well. It's personal preference.

From what I've heard, Recovery just seems to be Em's equivalent of Metallica's St. Anger. It's just very meh. You know an album is going to be terrible when Lil Wayne and Pink are on it.

• 2 weeks later...

^The song with Pink is surprisingly good (but I do wonder was it really necessary to have her sing the chorus, could have been done by anyone), and Eminem is awesome on that song he did with Lil Wayne .

And yeah, Lil Wayne's garbage. If I twist my head and bend my mind extensively I can sort of see just a little bit why people like him, but I can't stand him.