All Metroid wii games have controls that SUCK.

I just tried the Metroid Prime series on the wii and the controls blow chunks. I'll admit the wiimote is great for aiming and shooting. Much better than using an analog stick. On the other hand I want to be able to fricken move 360 with my analog stick. Just being able to move forward / back and side to side and then having to use the wiimote to turn really is terrible. I gave it 20 mins of my time. It feels unplayable.

Update 11/30/2011

So I started playing "The Other M" on The Wii, I was getting all excited because It looked like they were going back to the 2D roots. While they are going back partly to the 2D roots they just still had to leaving the ****ing horrible 3D aspect.

So I'm using the wii mote as a controller as I'm fighting this main boss, then mid battle, I have to stop using it like a game controller and point the ****ing thing at the screen all the while getting attacked. Now I can't tell were i'm pointing so the screen is spinning in circles. I finally find the guy but i'm all out of missles. I'm thinking WTF. So as I'm getting attacked I have stop pointing it at the screen and the hold the Wiimote up and hold A. Enemies are flying all over. Then I have to reuse it like game controller.

Could they make the game any more nerve racking.

I just tried the Metroid Prime series on the wii and the controls blow chunks. I'll admit the wiimote is great for aiming and shooting. Much better than using an analog stick. On the other hand I want to be able to fricken move 360 with my analog stick. Just being able to move forward / back and side to side and then having to use the wiimote to turn really is terrible. I gave it 20 mins of my time. It feels unplayable.

Its just another example of a company using a system's feature just because its there, much like alot of garbage DS titles.

I'm confused, the controls are just the same as dual stick, except the right stick is swapped for the wiimote. You can run/strafe/look and any different directions at a time.

It's slightly slower to do a full 360 then with a joystick but i think that's made up for by how much more fun it is to shoot with the remote.

I've only played the third one so unless the other control differently i feel the controls are more natural than dual stick and are up with the ease of the wasd mouse combo

^ true. Wii controls > Gamecube on Metroid. I have not played any other FPS on the Wii but I think all FPS are like Metroid's controls unless you can turn around with the analog stick and hold the c button+analog to Straf left/right.

I'm confused, the controls are just the same as dual stick, except the right stick is swapped for the wiimote. You can run/strafe/look and any different directions at a time.

It's slightly slower to do a full 360 then with a joystick but i think that's made up for by how much more fun it is to shoot with the remote.

I've only played the third one so unless the other control differently i feel the controls are more natural than dual stick and are up with the ease of the wasd mouse combo

I want to be able to Move Metroid like I can move the ball.

Still confused lol sorry. You want to move samus like the ball, does this mean you want a different perspective to the first person? As far as I can tell you can move her like the ball, you just move the joystick and she'll walk whatever way you moving it. Then you use the wiimote to look around/turn. Means you can be looking one way while moving the other (strafing while shooting a fixed point etc. etc.)

This has been the staple fps control method for years, sorry I presumed you had played fps before.

I want to be able to control metroid with the nunchuck analog pad. I only want to use the wii mote to shoot **** and activate switches. I don't want to have to use the god damn wiimote to turn.

warwagon > in every single shooter in existence past like.. wolfenstein 3D , people used the mouse to turn while the left/right arrows (or in mots cases, the A and D keys of a WASD arrow setup) sidestepped. Metroid Prime is NO different in this regard. The pointer = the mouse in this case.

This makes aiming and strafing much easier than any other control method.

Try a shooter on xbox 360 or ps3. you have to use the aiming stick (right analog usually) to turn as well.

So, why are you complaining about using the wiimote to steer when it's the same damn thing that you'd do on ANY other system or on PC?

Ok then let me say this

I want to control metroid like I would control mario in mario galaxy.

ok it would be awesome if you could control Samus with the analog stick just like you can control Mario in mario galaxy. Then just use the wii mote to to aim at stuff. That would some kick ass controls

Metroid Other M might be more your thing then, you play the game from 3rd person perspective.

Although it's a huge difference from the traditional Metroid gameplay.

they do, when i had my wii and i rented metroid i wanted to throw the controller agaisnt the wall, i hated the controls sooo much.

good game though once you got the hang of them.

Ok then let me say this

Those would be silly controls for an First-Person game, if the perspective was Third-Person it could work, but then it would take away the point of the Metroid Prime games in the first place.

I thought the controls were fine, it was a different way of controlling Samus, I was even fine with the previous Gamecube controls for Prime 1+2.

Ok then let me say this

Oh haha you mean third person silly ;p

Metroid ain't a plat former it's an fps lol

This not mario son

Oh haha you mean third person silly ;p

Metroid ain't a plat former it's an fps lol

This not mario son

Actually MP is a platformer, and always has been since the NES. The move to 3D just meant playing it from a different perspective. Nintendo even went out their way to define a new genre with Prime, "action adventure FPS".

Its just another example of a company using a system's feature just because its there, much like alot of garbage DS titles.

Huh? Are you saying they should not have used the pointer to control where the game character looks?

I want to be able to control metroid with the nunchuck analog pad. I only want to use the wii mote to shoot **** and activate switches. I don't want to have to use the god damn wiimote to turn.

How would you strafe/move sideways?

Huh? Are you saying they should not have used the pointer to control where the game character looks?

How would you strafe/move sideways?

You could lean the nunchuck left or right depending on which way you wanted to strafe

Try changing the control scheme. I don't like it at the default, I change the "dead zone" so it moves the camera around more like it's head tracking.

lol i played through the whole of the third one wishing it controlled like this, but never actually having the initiative to see if there were different control options.

Try changing the control scheme. I don't like it at the default, I change the "dead zone" so it moves the camera around more like it's head tracking.

So where exactly is that at, I couldn't find anything that advanced.

So where exactly is that at, I couldn't find anything that advanced.

From the main disc menu, go to Options>Controls>Sensitivity.

Thats the only problem I have found with the Wii.. the FPS controls are crappy.

But they're not... Read more than the first post. :)