Neowin Digital Gallery

thanks. Aside from the flower pic, all the shots are with either the kit lens 18-55, or the 50mm 1.8 prime lens.

Ah, didn't notice the signature. :)

I'm definitely getting that 50mm!

17F on Mexicana 8

4801759040_67865c86bd_z.jpg

Taken from seat 17F of Mexicana Flight 8 from Mexico City to Monterrey a few minutes after leaving Mexico City. Somewhere above Cental Mexico (The location on the map is a guesstimate).

Camera Make: SONY

Camera Model: DSLR-A200

Lens: 18-50mm F2.8-4.5

Mode: Aperture-priority AE

Focal Length: 18 mm

Aperture: f/5.6

Exposure Time: 0.001 sec (1/1000)

ISO: 200

Power Lines

4804934648_6f4856ba11_z.jpg

View of some power lines and a utility pole. Monterrey, M?xico

Lens: 100-200mm F4.5

Focal Length: 200 mm

Aperture: f/4.5

Exposure Time: 0.001 sec (1/2000)

Colour so bright it'll hurt your eyes :laugh:

It sort of reminds me of +kol's Strange World series.

Taken in the field right next to my neighborhood. It's all from one location, and it's a bunch of photos stitched together for more resolution from my sh^% camera.

4820623302_ac1f5c8937_b.jpg

That is actually a nice photo, I can see that in this case the saturation helps the photo (though I see some potential in high contrast B&W as well)

Iztaccíhuatl & Popocatépetl

4809219540_ed1b95bc9b_z.jpg

View of the Iztaccíhuatl & Popocatépetl volcanoes taken from seat 17F of Mexicana Flight 8 from Mexico City to Monterrey a few minutes after leaving Mexico City. Somewhere above Cental Mexico (The location on the map is a guesstimate).

Lens: 18-50mm F2.8-4.5

Focal Length: 50 mm

Aperture: f/5.6

Exposure Time: 0.001 sec (1/1250)

<snipped>

Nice, though the slight asymmetry at the edges gives it a weird look IMO

I have one photo I'd like to share this month. It's not an amazing shot, but the back story behind it will hopefully make you realise why I want to share it.

I had a friend over, and we were sat in my room playing on the Xbox, I happened to look out of the window and see a stunning sky with the moon behind some clouds. We set off in the car to find a place where we could capture a good picture of it, free from light pollution, and ended up driving for miles, and parked up next to a field miles from the nearest town. This photo was taken at 0:25, and lit purely by the moon.

midnight.jpg

Had I taken my laptop with me to look at the image there and then, we may have taken that photo a few more times to improve the lighting in the foreground, but we're both really shocked at how well it came out, and the detail in it, when we could barely see what we were doing out there. The only post-processing we did was tweaking the white balance.