Windows 7 SP1 Includes Cracks Killer - Windows 7 RTM Activation Techno

The first ?major? upgrade for the latest iteration of the Windows client will be designed not only to catalyze the evolution of the operating system, but also to thwart a multitude of illegal workaround for the platform?s activation mechanism. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 will include a cracks killer refresh that Microsoft released earlier this year through Windows Update to all customers running the RTM Build 7600 of the OS. In fact, the Beta development milestone of Windows 7 SP1 already contains theWindows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7.

When it first unveiled plans to offer the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7, the software giant revealed that the refresh would kill more than 70 exploits that have been deployed since RTM to illegally circumvent the activation process for the OS. Microsoft never offered details about what Windows 7 RTM cracks specifically was the Windows Activation Technologies Update designed to tackle, but their number indicates that the company was attempting to handle the vast majority of exploits set up to bypass Windows 7 activation.

Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 (KB971033) had been available not only through Windows Update, but also via Microsoft?s Windows Genuine website, and through the Microsoft Download Center. As of the Beta Build, KB971033 is also included into Windows 7 SP1, and there?s no doubt that the RTM versions of the service pack will also include the cracks killer.

?Windows Activation Technologies helps you confirm that the copy of Windows 7 that is running on your computer is genuine. Additionally, Windows Activation Technologies helps protect against the risks of counterfeit software. Windows Activation Technologies in Windows 7 consists of activation and validation components that contain anti-piracy features,? Microsoft stated.

source

Wont be long till they find a work a round for it though. Although they did a good job at stopping the current cracks for windows.

Wont be long till they find a work a round for it though. Although they did a good job at stopping the current cracks for windows.

There is already a work around for these, that work just fine.

It's a cat and mouse game, close some exploits and they'll find new ones (or they might already have some that they're keeping as backups)

don't make me laugh ... that update hasn't stopped anything and more than likely, never will

however, i have seen many legitimate Windows 7 machines labelled as 'not genuine'

No thanks, i'm using a OEM. lol maybe when i decide to do a fresh install lol.

I brought mine legit, but yeah just sayin, that a work around has been out for a few weeks now. In fact that program has been around since the original days, and gets updated regularly to beat MS's detection.

Since im legit, I won't be providing links, coz its against the rules :)

No thanks, i'm using a OEM. lol maybe when i decide to do a fresh install lol.

Easier to use a program like Speccy (or similar) that can grab the key of your Windows installation. With that, you can simply use that same OEM key when you reinstall the system and it should activate without issue.

I brought mine legit, but yeah just sayin, that a work around has been out for a few weeks now. In fact that program has been around since the original days, and gets updated regularly to beat M$'s detection.

I got my key free from MSDN:AA, but I too keep up to date with cracks and what not. From what I have seen, the easiest method to crack Windows activation has worked since OEM became available and will likely continue to do so due to the method used. As Kaffra said, all the update does is weed out the crappy cracks.

• Like 1

KB971033 only acts to weed out the poor cracks

+1

By the looks of it, this update disabled those poorly made cracks that modify system files and compromise security. Hell, I even recommend installing this update just to fix some security holes that malware can potentially use.

BIOS / SLIC / BOOT workarounds work just fine even with this update installed.

Easier to use a program like Speccy (or similar) that can grab the key of your Windows installation. With that, you can simply use that same OEM key when you reinstall the system and it should activate without issue.

I got my key free from MSDN:AA, but I too keep up to date with cracks and what not. From what I have seen, the easiest method to crack Windows activation has worked since OEM became available and will likely continue to do so due to the method used. As Kaffra said, all the update does is weed out the crappy cracks.

Never thought of that before good idea.

BIOS / SLIC / BOOT workarounds work just fine even with this update installed.

i don't think so.

This will be annoying...

Why? New cracks are usually available shortly after OS release and they will be available soon after SP1 release.

I think cracks are there so that they can say things like "We do take piracy issues seriously". Let's face it, they want everyone to use their OS including pirates.

Why? New cracks are usually available shortly after OS release and they will be available soon after SP1 release.

I think cracks are there so that they can say things like "We do take piracy issues seriously". Let's face it, they want everyone to use their OS including pirates.

+1 has there been anyone actually tooken to court over a pirated copy of windows?

i don't think so.

But they do.. :) I have technet keys for my machines but I know of 3 people using correct SLIC tables in the bios and certificates and after installing this update, they are still genuine..

+1 has there been anyone actually tooken to court over a pirated copy of windows?

doubt it.

Id say in the real world at least 30% of Windows are pirated/cracked versions. Probably even higher.

This will be annoying...

I'm sure Microsoft apologise deeply for any inconvenience caused by patching their cracked software. :rofl:

doubt it.

Id say in the real world at least 30% of Windows are pirated/cracked versions. Probably even higher.

Definately higher in the 3rd world countries that have no real way of paying those costs for licenses despite microsoft giving them some of the best discounts for those countries. In the NA/EU there is just no excuse to even run a pirated windows especially how dirt cheap it is now and how it was during the pre-order period. Even still students can get an easy discount on the windows with the ultimate steal deal.

But they do.. :) I have technet keys for my machines but I know of 3 people using correct SLIC tables in the bios and certificates and after installing this update, they are still genuine..

i said that out of personal experience

does't work for me at least with the update

doubt it.

Probably more, at least that's the case of Windows XP.

Definately higher in the 3rd world countries that have no real way of paying those costs for licenses despite microsoft giving them some of the best discounts for those countries. In the NA/EU there is just no excuse to even run a pirated windows especially how dirt cheap it is now and how it was during the pre-order period. Even still students can get an easy discount on the windows with the ultimate steal deal.

Maybe its cheap because they know its highly pirated so they figure we'll try to get them to buy for dirt cheap.

I know for a fact that the BIOS / SLIC 2.1 hacks are completely unaffected by this patch :shiftyninja: - in fact chances are it can never be patched. If MS ever tries to patch the SLIC 2.1 hacks they jeopardize flagging all of the OEM PCs that use SLIC activation as non-genuine. And this patch has been out since February so there are already tons of workarounds.

Here is why I go legit...

Yes, I could get my hands on a cracked OEM or whatever... And then 6 months down the line, I need to re-crack it...

I pay for not having to care.