Barclays Premier League Season 2010/2011

334 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the title this year?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  2. 2. Who's getting relegated?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  3. 3. Who will take the scoring title?

• Drogba (Chelsea)
    • Rooney (Manchester United)
    • Bent (Sunderland)
    • Tevez (Manchester City)
    • Lampard (Chelsea)
    • Dafoe (Tottenham)
    • Torres (Liverpool)
    • Fabregas (Arsenal)
    • Adebayor (Manchester City)
    • Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
    • Saha (Everton)
    • Berbatov (Manchester United)
    • Malouda (Chelsea)
    • Anelka (Chelsea)
    • Bellamy (Manchester City)
    • Carew (Aston Villa)
    • Carlton Cole (West Ham)
    • Arshavin (Arsenal)
    • Jerome (Birmingham)
    • Other!

West Ham part company with Avram Grant!

West Ham have parted company with manager Avram Grant after a 3-2 defeat at fellow strugglers Wigan sealed their relegation from the Premier League.

The club confirmed the Israeli was leaving the club just over an hour after their 18th league defeat of a dismal campaign.

"Avram Grant is no longer the manager of West Ham United," a statement said.

First-team coach Kevin Keen will take charge for the final game of the season at home to Sunderland next Sunday.

The rest of the story here!

LOL

6 months to late (Y)

Ha ha, true! Kinda feel sorry for the man to be honest! Apparently the poor bloke was almost in tears! I guess that most of us, in whatever job we have, give it our best shot and I am sure that he did. That said, I don't need to even say it, top football is perhaps the most unforgiving sport in the world, especially when it comes to managers! I wish the man well in his future endeavors.

I feel the same about G?rard Houllier at my team, Villa, I am sure he did his best but I feel he should also go.

We had one of our worst seasons in a long time and without today's win against Arsenal and the upcoming fixture against Liverpool on the last day, we could quite conceivably have been staring relegation in the face as well! I have been a Villa supporter for 42 years now and would have been devastated it that had happened!

Really? No one's commenting on the madhouse that just happened?

A mad end to the season, and Ancelotti has left Chelsea.

Blackpool did not deserve to go down. :cry: The Premier League has lost 'Olly for now. Hopefully he'll be back after next season.

A mad end to the season, and Ancelotti has left Chelsea.

Chelsea have parted company with manager Carlo Ancelotti.

The announcement was made two hours after Cheslea's final-day 1-0 defeat by Everton, confirming the club's second-place finish in the Premier League.

The 51-year-old had one more year left on his contract at Stamford Bridge.

A club statement read: "This season's performances have fallen short of expectations and the club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season's preparations."

I didn't even care really our season ended last season

Something has to happen in Arsenal. I don't know what it is, but something needs to be done. They have inconsistency in their inconsistency!

:angry: Liverpool came back to life, Man C are looking like a tough club, & Man U are Man U & Chelsea are Chelsea. I am starting to think that there's no place for Arsenal in the top!

If Chelsea can sack their manager for winning nothing then Arsenal must surely part with Arsene...how long has it been now? :wacko:

Last year on the same date, i was crying as we got promoted to the Premiership, One year on to the date i was crying due to the fact we got relegated from the Premiership, the happiest and the saddest date in my life time... 22nd May :(

Something has to happen in Arsenal. I don't know what it is, but something needs to be done. They have inconsistency in their inconsistency!

:angry: Liverpool came back to life, Man C are looking like a tough club, & Man U are Man U & Chelsea are Chelsea. I am starting to think that there's no place for Arsenal in the top!

I am getting flustered with the club. I wasn't even watching it, I was watching the Blackpool game. I didn't even care that we were losing.

Last year on the same date, i was crying as we got promoted to the Premiership, One year on to the date i was crying due to the fact we got relegated from the Premiership, the happiest and the saddest date in my life time... 22nd May :(

I wish you guys stayed up. I was so loud when Pool tied and was winning.

I for one am pleased we are down...we will now have a chance to rebuild as you say and regroup. It should start from board down...Avram Grant needs to go...Keane needs to be return...etc etc

You're pleased you got relegated? That's beyond me, I'm afraid.

You're pleased you got relegated? That's beyond me, I'm afraid.

we deserve a massive wake up call to show the the board that we aren't as good as they make out. The good thing that has come from relegation is the fact we finally got rid of the idiot called Avram who should of gone in January...now its going to be the massive test of coming back prove to us fans why we deserve to be in the league...I mean look at the Wigan game for example a massive game and we just ****ed it up from 2-0 up! travesty but its whats needed tbh...thats my 2 cents not everyones I bet but its mine.

West Ham's relegation now forces the issues of the club into the open. I guess it's better now than ever. This will allow some reshaping, rebuilding and refocusing. Although I am not sure if we'll see them back in the Premier League next season.

If Chelsea can sack their manager for winning nothing then Arsenal must surely part with Arsene...how long has it been now? :wacko:

Arsenal don't have the funds to theoretically spend their way to any trophy they want and Chelsea do. Given the resources Arsenal currently have available I personally believe they're doing very well with them.

not with us in the top 4 next year. and we finished the year without Stevie G. We got this ish next year!

Nice job Swansea, can't wait to see the Jacks in the prem.

Swansea have been in the English football leagues since 1920, when they were a founding member of the third division.

This Sinclair kid is a huge commodity for Swansea. If he does well in the Premier League this season, I can see a big team snatching him up

This Sinclair kid is a huge commodity for Swansea. If he does well in the Premier League this season, I can see a big team snatching him up

Hopefully, he's stay at Swansea, then when they play Chelsea next season, he'll hopefully run all over them and make them pay for selling him in the first place! :laugh:

Chelsea had him and sold him...but I bet they have a nice cheap buy back price though.

I see Swansea doing a Blackpool sadly one season and down they go.

Chelsea had him and sold him...but I bet they have a nice cheap buy back price though.

I see Swansea doing a Blackpool sadly one season and down they go.

I they'll be doing somewhat better at least. They seem a more polished team.

• 3 weeks later...
Aston Villa are set to appoint Alex McLeish as their new manager on Thursday after holding successful talks, BBC Sport understands.

"There are no problems and it's looking as though it'll be confirmed later today," said BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy.

McLeish resigned as manager of local rivals Birmingham City on Sunday.

About 500 fans gathered outside Villa Park on Wednesday to protest against the possible appointment of the Scot.

"They gathered at North Stand just before 1700 BST then they moved onto Holte End," said BBC 5 live reporter Phil Mackie. "At 1900 BST they moved back to North Stand, broke through gates and sat on steps. It was fairly good-natured."

McLeish left his holiday in Corsica and returned to England to hold talks with Lerner on Wednesday, with a source at Villa telling the Press Association that they had been positive and productive.

On Tuesday, Villa released a statement which said: "The club understands that Alex McLeish is a free agent. We therefore intend to interview him imminently."

Responding to Villa's announcement, Birmingham released their own statement, accusing their neighbours of "tapping up" McLeish.

The 52-year-old Scot resigned less than one month after narrowly missing out on securing the club's Premier League status.