Barclays Premier League Season 2010/2011

334 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the title this year?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  2. 2. Who's getting relegated?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  3. 3. Who will take the scoring title?

• Drogba (Chelsea)
    • Rooney (Manchester United)
    • Bent (Sunderland)
    • Tevez (Manchester City)
    • Lampard (Chelsea)
    • Dafoe (Tottenham)
    • Torres (Liverpool)
    • Fabregas (Arsenal)
    • Adebayor (Manchester City)
    • Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
    • Saha (Everton)
    • Berbatov (Manchester United)
    • Malouda (Chelsea)
    • Anelka (Chelsea)
    • Bellamy (Manchester City)
    • Carew (Aston Villa)
    • Carlton Cole (West Ham)
    • Arshavin (Arsenal)
    • Jerome (Birmingham)
    • Other!

Sky Sports News sources understand Jens Lehmann is holding talks with Arsenal regarding a possible playing return to the club.

Wow talk about being depserate.

Latest reports suggested yesterday that Sir Alex is looking to sell him after the season...

If it happens I think it'll have nothing to do with his behaviour or his performance. The signs were there even before he singed that contract.

If it happens I think it'll have nothing to do with his behaviour or his performance. The signs were there even before he singed that contract.

would not be such a bad move. Could easily buy a new goalie(neuer/skeltonberg) and young midfielder/striker for him. Then keep berba and start hernandez.

A Football Association tribunal has given Sir Alex Ferguson a five-match touchline ban for his comments about referee Martin Atkinson.

The Manchester United manager was found guilty of improper conduct for criticising Atkinson's display in the loss at Chelsea earlier this month.

"You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that," Ferguson told MUTV.

The ban starts on 22 March and includes the FA Cup tie against Manchester City.

The Independent Regulatory Commission's sanction is made up of a three-game ban for the Atkinson remarks and the activation of a two-game suspended ban that Ferguson was given last year for suggesting referee Alan Wiley was not "fit enough" to keep up with play.

The three-man panel also fined the 69-year-old manager ?30,000.

The reasons for the decision will be sent to Ferguson in the next 24 hours and he then has 48 hours to decide if he wants to appeal. This is why the sanction does not start until after Saturday's home league game against Bolton Wanderers.

Should he accept the punishment, the Old Trafford boss will have to watch the Premier League games against West Ham, Fulham, Everton and Arsenal from the stands, as well as the semi-final against local rivals City at Wembley.

I'd rather the FA put more effort into sorting out players disrespecting refs.

Actually, The FA need to sort out mistakes made by referees. They make so many ridiculous mistakes, it's no wonder everyone criticises them. Players and managers are allowed to criticise each other publicly, but not the referees. It's unfair that they get this special immunity when there's a good reason why they're being criticised.

Actually, The FA need to sort out mistakes made by referees. They make so many ridiculous mistakes, it's no wonder everyone criticises them. Players and managers are allowed to criticise each other publicly, but not the referees. It's unfair that they get this special immunity when there's a good reason why they're being criticised.

(Y) Introduce tech to help refs in football.. its the 21st century

(Y) Introduce tech to help refs in football.. its the 21st century

I'm all for that. Sadly, FIFA is still run by a technophobic dinosaur. There's other things that I'd love to see done to the game; mainly getting rid of injury time. Instead of having injury time, why not do what a lot of other sports do and just stop the clock when the play stops? It's not that hard. It should be like rugby; stop the clock when the ball is dead, then when you've passed the 45/90 minute mark (40/80 minutes in rugby), the half doesn't end until the ball goes out of play.

I'm all for that. Sadly, FIFA is still run by a technophobic dinosaur. There's other things that I'd love to see done to the game; mainly getting rid of injury time. Instead of having injury time, why not do what a lot of other sports do and just stop the clock when the play stops? It's not that hard. It should be like rugby; stop the clock when the ball is dead, then when you've passed the 45/90 minute mark (40/80 minutes in rugby), the half doesn't end until the ball goes out of play.

I don't see a problem with injury time. If there are stoppages throughout the game, why should an attendee at the stadium or viewer at home get less game play?

Can you imagine playing Stoke without injury time? How many minutes of actual football would you get, what with Delap caressing the ball with a towel like his new born son during every bloody throw in.

zp_Lehmann_return_training_watermark7_4765.jpg

He's back and this makes me nervous and relieved at the same time.. relieved coz obviously he can't perform any worse than Almunia does and nervous coz he acts like a madman all of a sudden..

^^ 5 match ban is harsh but deserved I guess.

I'd rather the FA put more effort into sorting out players disrespecting refs.

It's actually 3 for the latest outburst and 2 that were suspended last time.

And they can't do anything about players disrespecting refs if the managers don't.

zp_Lehmann_return_training_watermark7_4765.jpg

He's back and this makes me nervous and relieved at the same time.. relieved coz obviously he can't perform any worse than Almunia does and nervous coz he acts like a madman all of a sudden..

well your fighting on one front now so lets hope he doesn't go bat**** crazy during a game :rofl: ;)

I don't see a problem with injury time. If there are stoppages throughout the game, why should an attendee at the stadium or viewer at home get less game play?

It wouldn't be less game play though.

Read what he said.

When there is a stoppage, the referee would stop the clock (like they do in rugby). So you'd always get 90 minutes of actual play.

It wouldn't be less game play though.

Read what he said.

When there is a stoppage, the referee would stop the clock (like they do in rugby). So you'd always get 90 minutes of actual play.

Well they already add time for stoppages and delays.. the argument that game will become shorter or longer because of this is trivial.. if refs want respect they will have to give the right decisions and tech can aid them in that...

Well they already add time for stoppages and delays.. the argument that game will become shorter or longer because of this is trivial

The problem with injury time at the moment is that the referee doesn't always add on the right amount of time, and almost all of the time, the referee lets play go beyond the allotted amount of injury time and if one team ends up scoring a goal and winning the match in that extra amount of injury time, then you've got a lot of controversy on your hands.

And I won't lie; Man U's actually done that on a few occasions. :p