97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

[snipped] Sad that someone destroy what you, with a lot of effort, you build.

Are you serious? In most games (and sports) in general, the point is to destroy your opponent in one way or another. If you don't find that fun, then you're missing on a lot of fun. :laugh:

Are you serious? In most games (and sports) in general, the point is to destroy your opponent in one way or another. If you don't find that fun, then you're missing on a lot of fun. :laugh:

i had a decent rush strategy until i got obliterated by one guy... need new strategy lol

okay... here are my thoughts (i tried razorwing... i really did)

this game is EXACTLY the same at the one they released 12 or so years ago. now depending on who you talk to, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. But for me, it's not. I never liked the original. I played the first few missions, and while the session wasn't a bad time, i have no intention of going back to it. Thank god for that guest pass thing and i didn't pay for this. I literally cannot see any difference between 2 and the 1st one in terms of gameplay. Im sure the story is nuts (it's blizzard) and the developper tools are crazy (its blizzard) but for 12 years you think they could do more other then rehash the same game (i guess the entire nation of korea has no beef with that).

And also honestly the graphics are not great. Cut scenes, blurry and jaded. in game graphics aren't too bad (dawn of war looks better though IMO). Ran great though on my machine (maxed out @ 1680x1050). But yeah, im glad i didn't buy into the hype and buy the game.

Now blizzard, hurry the fraack up with a real warcraft sequel (fave RTS of all time and i think WoW is gay)

lol. It's alright man.. you really can't please everyone.. :laugh: But to counter some of your points bro,.. Gameplay. It's an RTS man. You say you like Warcraft.. if Blizzard is ever going to go back to that.. it'd be the same thing. If you talk about game play wise, you either do like RTS or don't. Blizzard even put in some RPG elements (which I'm not really a fan of at all .. never did like RPGs) but I did enjoy it. Some units have special abilities and stuff.. it's awesome. Now, Graphics... Cut scenes all look really well done... (I play on Ultra soo.. it does look nice ..no lag whatsoever). I'm not sure what you consider to be blurry? Even the 'real rendered' cutscenes (not in-game) were really well done..

lol. It's alright man.. you really can't please everyone.. :laugh: But to counter some of your points bro,.. Gameplay. It's an RTS man. You say you like Warcraft.. if Blizzard is ever going to go back to that.. it'd be the same thing. If you talk about game play wise, you either do like RTS or don't. Blizzard even put in some RPG elements (which I'm not really a fan of at all .. never did like RPGs) but I did enjoy it. Some units have special abilities and stuff.. it's awesome. Now, Graphics... Cut scenes all look really well done... (I play on Ultra soo.. it does look nice ..no lag whatsoever). I'm not sure what you consider to be blurry? Even the 'real rendered' cutscenes (not in-game) were really well done..

i do love RTS, it's just that don't really like the way they do it in starcraft. starcraft and warcraft are a lot different games. A lot of littles things are different (i loved the heroes in warcraft 3). The actual rendered cut scenes look amazing, but im more talking about the other cutscenes that look like they are using the game engine. I don't know why to explain. It just doesn't look smooth and the game apparently does support AA (i haven't tried to hack AA in this game via the driver). I think the last RTS that i loved was company of heroes.

i do love RTS, it's just that don't really like the way they do it in starcraft. starcraft and warcraft are a lot different games. A lot of littles things are different (i loved the heroes in warcraft 3). The actual rendered cut scenes look amazing, but im more talking about the other cutscenes that look like they are using the game engine. I don't know why to explain. It just doesn't look smooth and the game apparently does support AA (i haven't tried to hack AA in this game via the driver). I think the last RTS that i loved was company of heroes.

I haven't played Warcraft 3 in a while.. but I do remember it being similar or pretty to close to Starcraft. (again I have a bad memory of it .. not a huge fan of it either. Didn't like the story or the characters. ). So I'm still not sure what you don't like about it? The In-Game cutscenes obviously won't be the actual rendered cut scenes for obvious reasons.

939643_20100729_790screen004.jpg

not sure how that it isn't smooth.. :unsure:

But again, you know.. it's not every game is made for everyone. An example would be going back to Warcraft I didn't like the characters or whatever :cool:

i do love RTS, it's just that don't really like the way they do it in starcraft. starcraft and warcraft are a lot different games. A lot of littles things are different (i loved the heroes in warcraft 3).

Warcraft is a more casual orientated RTS game, it still requires strategy but it isnt as deep nor is it as 'hard' in multiplayer to get semi-good.

Starcraft is a pedigree RTS game, it has a high skill level going in and is designed from the ground up to be competitive.

I enjoy them both, i personally prefered WC3's singleplayer but absolutly love SC multiplayer. As far as SC2 is concerned, its absolutly nailed singleplayer and multiplayer.. Its everything i expected. If you came into the game expecting it to be vastly different than the original, then you obviously didnt do any research prior to purchasing it (which is odd, as most gaming websites and even neowin had a thread aboutthe beta). This is SC2, every SC player wanted the same type of game with minor updates bringing it into the next generation.

Warcraft is a more casual orientated RTS game, it still requires strategy but it isnt as deep nor is it as 'hard' in multiplayer to get semi-good.

Starcraft is a pedigree RTS game, it has a high skill level going in and is designed from the ground up to be competitive.

I enjoy them both, i personally prefered WC3's singleplayer but absolutly love SC multiplayer. As far as SC2 is concerned, its absolutly nailed singleplayer and multiplayer.. Its everything i expected. If you came into the game expecting it to be vastly different than the original, then you obviously didnt do any research prior to purchasing it (which is odd, as most gaming websites and even neowin had a thread aboutthe beta). This is SC2, every SC player wanted the same type of game with minor updates bringing it into the next generation.

i didn't buy it, i just kinda hacked the guest pass thing...and when i played the game i didn't know what to expect. i hadn't been paying attention to any of the hype stuff or reading up on it. i came in fresh. I think the biggest difference for me between starcraft 2 and warcraft is that starcraft is A LOT faster of a game.

I haven't played Warcraft 3 in a while.. but I do remember it being similar or pretty to close to Starcraft. (again I have a bad memory of it .. not a huge fan of it either. Didn't like the story or the characters. ). So I'm still not sure what you don't like about it? The In-Game cutscenes obviously won't be the actual rendered cut scenes for obvious reasons.

939643_20100729_790screen004.jpg

not sure how that it isn't smooth.. :unsure:

But again, you know.. it's not every game is made for everyone. An example would be going back to Warcraft I didn't like the characters or whatever :cool:

and im the opposite of you. i never got into the characters or story of starcraft. I dunno, it's just with all the hype i was expecting a game changer (it's usually what blizzard does to when they release a game).

edit: this game also needs a hack where i can zoom out more...

Edited by rajputwarrior

i didn't buy it, i just kinda hacked the guest pass thing...and when i played the game i didn't know what to expect. i hadn't been paying attention to any of the hype stuff or reading up on it. i came in fresh. I think the biggest difference for me between starcraft 2 and warcraft is that starcraft is A LOT faster of a game.

and im the opposite of you. i never got into the characters or story of starcraft. I dunno, it's just with all the hype i was expecting a game changer (it's usually what blizzard does to when they release a game).

edit: this game also needs a hack where i can zoom out more...

Don't fix when it's not broken ;). Instead, they improved on it imo.. soo worth the money.

So the general consensus on the internet seems to be:

Starcraft 2: (Y)

Battle.net 2.0: (N)

That's correct. It is Activision to blame on B.Net 2.0.

That's correct. It is Activision to blame on B.Net 2.0.

why would activision be at fault? last time i checked it was a merger, not a takeover between the two companies.

nice stats there anaron. i need to get several builds down and learn other basic sc2 functions so i can be a more fundamentally sound player. any suggestions?

Thanks. It was better before. My friend and I lost 5 games in a row, haha. What race do you play? I only play Protoss so I can't offer any "good" advice for the other races.

Me and Anaron just whooped some ass. Im glad I found a fellow neowin. Now, RAZOR get on bro! I know your on, but I havent played with you yet, we need to play soon. All the vets need to get together and own some bitches. Me and Anaron did that tonight.

We sure did. And we're going to own it up again tonight.

6 hatcheries you mean

He's correct. The term is "6 pool". It's a strategy where you save up 200 minerals (while having 6 drones) to build a spawning pool. Instead of wasting time by producing more drones, you save time by not producing them. It's a risky strategy but if you catch your opponent off-guard (e.g. going for quick gas, etc) then it pays off well in 1v1 matches.

why would activision be at fault? last time i checked it was a merger, not a takeover between the two companies.

I dunno, I heard activision has some word in the B.Net Restrictions. I dunno.

Just got my first win using an air rush to take out his inital zerg and worker units then followed up with a zerg rush to clear up. Not the cleanest of wins but it was my first. :p

Just got my first win using an air rush to take out his inital zerg and worker units then followed up with a zerg rush to clear up. Not the cleanest of wins but it was my first. :p

(Y) congrats! I've yet to have my first win. lol.

Just got my first online win in my first online match... in a practice match. :rofl:

My god it's sooo slow. Compared to playing against the computer on hard/faster it's like trying to run through 4 feet of snow. Terran is definitely my strongest race, I pretty fairly dominated the person I played against. They didn't even try to build units just turtled..

I probably won't do nearly as well in a real match.

Too much of a good thing is no good because I been playing Starcraft 2 for 2+ hours :pinch: and it left a burned in image of the in-game menu that is located on the top left hand corner :(, you guys know any way to remove the in-game menu?

Too much of a good thing is no good because I been playing Starcraft 2 for 2+ hours :pinch: and it left a burned in image of the in-game menu that is located on the top left hand corner :(, you guys know any way to remove the in-game menu?

I had a friend that happened with in a different game...basically just use a solid background color on your deskstop and it should fix it.. As for preventing it from happening again? I don't know what to tell you about that.

Weird, what monitor do you have?

Offence really is the best form of defence. I've won five out of thirteen, so far. What don't people like about BN 2.0? It's just like XBL!

Offence really is the best form of defence. I've won five out of thirteen, so far. What don't people like about BN 2.0? It's just like XBL!

I don't like how I can't do LAN and Region lock.