97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

Is anybody having freezing when clicking through menus? I find if I am looking through say example the armory upgrades menu in the campaign my game may freeze sometimes it wont completely lockup my computer but freeze the game for a bit and then comeback. It also does it sometimes when loading a mission and there is no hard drive activity from my comps indicator led.

Is anybody having freezing when clicking through menus? I find if I am looking through say example the armory upgrades menu in the campaign my game may freeze sometimes it wont completely lockup my computer but freeze the game for a bit and then comeback. It also does it sometimes when loading a mission and there is no hard drive activity from my comps indicator led.

yeah ive noticed that as well just a little hickup when moving around the main menu.

Are we talking about the 3rd(?) mission where the game introduces you to bunkers that you have to defend for 20 minutes? with the massive zerg attack around 1:30 left?

No, I was talking about the mission 'All In'. I won't spoil anything else. :p

No, I was talking about the mission 'All In'. I won't spoil anything else. :p

That's what I said. :laugh:

ok little stumped here

i just picked up SC2 and i go to log in and the game shuts down

do you get an error message box?

do you have your updated graphics, sounds card drivers

what are your specs

have you installed the latest version of direct x.

So I finally did it.. after 20x reloading the level.. I did it. :D I even took a screen cap of how I did it.. SCVs piloting the fire turrets ftw. I did it because it was the most effective way imo, all my other units died except for some Tanks covering my rear. If I was flanked, I was done for.. but they held up pretty good.

SPOILER: http://www.imgftw.net/img/199527859.jpg

and yes, I know about the screen res.. my bday is coming up so I'm getting a new monitor. :)

Edited by Anaron

It's a shame they don't have a demo really. Thanks for the help :)

There is a demo in the form of a guest pass. There's a thread somewhere around here where you can request one. It lets you try the game for 7 hours(playtime only, not real time).

So I finally did it.. after 20x reloading the level.. I did it. :D I even took a screen cap of how I did it.. SCVs piloting the fire turrets ftw. I did it because it was the most effective way imo, all my other units died except for some Tanks covering my rear. If I was flanked, I was done for.. but they held up pretty good.

SPOILER: http://www.imgftw.net/img/199527859.jpg

and yes, I know about the screen res.. my bday is coming up so I'm getting a new monitor. :)

A good wall and some siege tanks is all you need :pinch:

A good wall and some siege tanks is all you need :pinch:

I know, but whatever I did .. didn't work. But hey, I actually made SCVs useful. :laugh:

ok little stumped here

i just picked up SC2 and i go to log in and the game shuts down

I get the same. (win2k.sys) error for me.

I found I can get into, and play the game by running it in comparability mode for Vista, and updating Direct X.

But when I exit the game, it blue-screens my pc, with the win2k.sys error again. Don't know if that will help you at all, but it seems im the only one having this error. :\

I get the same. (win2k.sys) error for me.

I found I can get into, and play the game by running it in comparability mode for Vista, and updating Direct X.

But when I exit the game, it blue-screens my pc, with the win2k.sys error again. Don't know if that will help you at all, but it seems im the only one having this error. :\

Hey man, have you tried posting the problem on the SC2 forums? or emailing Blizzard?

Hey man, have you tried posting the problem on the SC2 forums? or emailing Blizzard?

It seems the videocard thing was the problem that was posted on the front page. Adding the lines seemed to of fixed the problem.

Somehow SC2 feels a bit similar to

Mass Effect

storywise. Or is it just me?

I've only played a very small portion of the first 2 missions so far, and I'd have to more or less agree with that sum up. I think it's because Blizz saw how popular those games are and decided to add some "flavor" to the story telling aspect of SC.

Yeah I thought the same thing whilst playing. The only thing missing what the rep meter with your crewmates tongue.gif Still I thought it enhanced it.

Great campaign, definitely get your moneys worth imo. Epic storyline, good missions and plenty of cinematics etc. The choices, the tech choices and the RPG'y elements of it just enhanced things imo. Cant wait for Heart of the Swarm.

The game ends on a high two, in the sense that the last cpl of missions are epic of course. The 3rd Crystal mission was a bit sad though, those lil fellas are always left to make brave last stands.

Destroy the science facility in the bottom east corner of the MEdia Blitz level.

Yup... just making sure you guys know about it.

Or more like *the spoiler* feels like Starcraft 1 story wise. Though of that?

To be honest i dont quite recall storyline of sc, because i played it so long ago.