I confess: I bought an iPad (and so far I love it)

I actually went and tried the ipad out the other day at the Apple store. It was fun playing games on it.. with another person.. But buying it.. is another thing. Not sure if I really need it.

LOL.. god why do I even argue when people have no clue.

No technology out there is written for "touch interfaces". HTML5 is not native touch, no other technology is.. actually Flash is the CLOSEST thing to supporting touch without changing a lot of code. You can run code and they react to touch as if it was mouse. So please don't discuss something that you have no idea about.

Second, 99% of all annoying ads are served through flash because it gives analytics and can run optimized videos and stuff through them. Do you think that you won't get ads with HTML5? LOL.. you are just so naive..

Apple will serve you ads wherever they can.. The whole point is that they don't want Flash because they want to monetize those same ads. Not because Flash is annoying.. and btw, you won't be able to block HTML5 ads like you can Flash. If you think that getting rid of Flash will get rid of ads, you are delusional.

So much for that..

I wish people wouldn't just blindly repeat stupid sh*t from Apple as if it was some noble thing when in fact the lying sacks of crap just want the same thing but to work for them.

Wake up.

What the hell are you even talking about.

I never said that I like iAds. I hate ads in general..,

I never said that I prefer HTML 5. Actually it is still to early to judge it. Even Silverlight is better than flash.

You are saying that I don't have a clue, but you are the one who had really no idea what he is talking about. Flash works bad on almost all platforms. This is a fact. On a mobile device Flash kills the battery. Having said that, I believe that the end user should have the choice and not Steve Jobs.

At the end of the day I prefer a great end to end user experience, even if that means sacrificing some freedom of choice.

As far as the other Tablet choices concern, at the moment there is nothing that is even close to an iPad.

Flash works bad on almost all platforms.

Is that why it dominates the market and is accepted by the majority?

On a mobile device Flash kills the battery.

Rubbish.

If you play a non-flash video continuously, that will kill the battery as well.

I've got an iPad and I love it. It is in no way limited, with a free RPD app, anything I need my PC for I can do easily from anywhere. I can browse my PCs filesystem over 3G using filebrowser, watch videos from my PC over 3G using airvideo. I've not found a single thing that I cant do on it yet, someway or another. The lack of flash is annoying-which is funny because Jobs said no one would even notice it wasnt there.

No technology out there is written for "touch interfaces".

LOL. iOS?

Is that why it dominates the market and is accepted by the majority?

Rubbish.

If you play a non-flash video continuously, that will kill the battery as well.

The reason Flash dominates is that when it came out there was no other technology available to compete with it.

Any kind of video playback on a mobile device kills battery, but not as bad as a flash video...

I always disliked flash. Actually when I heard Steve Jobs talk about it, I thought he stole my thoughts! :)

Even after HTML5 begins to start getting some steam, Flash will take YEARS to be anything less than it is now.

You've still not substantiated the 'flash kills battery more than others' claim.

Even after HTML5 begins to start getting some steam, Flash will take YEARS to be anything less than it is now.

You've still not substantiated the 'flash kills battery more than others' claim.

http://obamapacman.com/2010/05/android-2-2-froyo-browser-speed-test-adobe-flash-performance-a-little-buggy/

Flash is still buggy on mobile devices.

At first I was like "meh" but a friend of mine recently got one, I've to say that the interface is very interesting compared to usual mouse centric portables.

Overall, it's a nice addition to a collection of gadgets, not something I'd solely depend on though.

I'm not sure I understand you about "use cases". An iPad competes with netbooks, and it's for those who prefer another form factor, or its battery life, or its superior touch OS compared to anything else out there (no, no Windows or Linux variant including Chrome OS can compete here -- for competition, you need to move back down to Android OS and smaller sizes again).

I would like to have an iPad, it's a nice device better than any netbook out there but there are some things which stop me from buying one. One of these things is that it doensn't have any usb ports, so no external hardrive. I have lots of movies and Apple Lossless stuff on external (unfortunately they don't support yet the great and better flac) but i could never play on my iPod and internal memory is not that much either.

I would like to have an iPad, it's a nice device better than any netbook out there but there are some things which stop me from buying one. One of these things is that it doensn't have any usb ports, so no external hardrive. I have lots of movies and Apple Lossless stuff on external (unfortunately they don't support yet the great and better flac) but i could never play on my iPod and internal memory is not that much either.

I agree theres loads of ways they could have improved it, SSD, I'd have loved a little DVD drive to slot movies into.

Isn't there an app where you can steam movies wireslessly to your ipad?

Ipad better than any notebook, hardly. When it lacks features that almost any netbook has, it is not going to be better. You are still limited to what apple will allow you to do, and it is really only useful for couch surfing, or better to put it, being even more lazy than needed.

For hospitals and places that use them for work, great. But this is just a novelty toy to the masses in the market, with the use being that of what current cell phones already offer, just a bigger screen....

people your not getting it because its made by the all mighty apple it is instantly better than everything out there. and people Steve Jobs is god and if you don't buy his stuff he will bring grate suffering on the world and your family

people your not getting it because its made by the all mighty apple it is instantly better than everything out there. and people Steve Jobs is god and if you don't buy his stuff he will bring grate suffering on the world and your family

Really? Cus' we just buy the products because we like them.

you like them because the all mighty Steve has shown you the light and you now will only by his products. what ever the price and lack of features it has !

you like them because the all mighty Steve has shown you the light and you now will only by his products. what ever the price and lack of features it has !

Eerrhh No.

I own an iPhone, the build quality is excellent and it features a great UI built for touch, it has thousands of apps and works great. You think i'm a fanboy because I like it?

I don't own a Mac or an iPad, i'm sick of your hate towards people with Apple devices.