August 2010 Desktop Thread

Where did you get those icons? and what did you use to put them on?

The third icon tells you as it is the site's logo; Iconfactory. The icon set is Flurry by Louie Mantia and David Lanham. You can find the Flurry sets from Iconfactory.

If you want to apply icons to the dock, you can do it like you usually do. By setting the icon from the Item's properties and re-applying the application to the dock. Or you can use a really handy application called CandyBar which automates the process. It makes it so much easier. CandyBar costs $29.

The third icon tells you as it is the site's logo; Iconfactory. The icon set is Flurry by Louie Mantia and David Lanham. You can find the Flurry sets from Iconfactory.

If you want to apply icons to the dock, you can do it like you usually do. By setting the icon from the Item's properties and re-applying the application to the dock. Or you can use a really handy application called CandyBar which automates the process. It makes it so much easier. CandyBar costs $29.

Thanks!

Windows 7 x64

Theme: Download

Dock: Download

Icons: Can't remember where i found them

Wallpaper: Download

That is unbelivably gorgeous. Massive props to you. You've nailed every element of clean design (I knwo the VS isn't yours, but the combination of the VS and your choice of icons/dock make it POP) and it looks incredibly usable and cool/crisp.

That is unbelivably gorgeous. Massive props to you. You've nailed every element of clean design (I knwo the VS isn't yours, but the combination of the VS and your choice of icons/dock make it POP) and it looks incredibly usable and cool/crisp.

No offense to anyone, but I don't see how this is unbelievably gorgeous. It looks like a standard Mac desktop but it's Windows. I'm all about choosing what you like for your desktop but the praise seems a bit unnecessary.

This is usually one of the coolest topics on Neowin.

Always have liked seeing what other people had on their desktops and how much crap they had loaded in tray and where ever else!!

Up until Windows 7, (never used Vista as it sucked) I had NEVER ONCE changed a theme (usually disabled themes even) and just about NEVER even changed wall papers. In fact, I usually left it just a blue screen. I mean, c'mon, how often and for how long, do you even see your desktop?!!

Some of images in this months thread is just awesome again!!