Linkin Park: "A Thousand Suns" (Album) Discussion

I never really listened to Minutes to Midnight much, I have a great appreciation for Meteora and Hybrid Theory. How does it compare to some of their legacy tracks? Will give it a listen :)

Linkin Park should have stopped making music a long time ago, after all the Jay Z cr*p, well, my respect for them went down the you know what

I never really listened to Minutes to Midnight much, I have a great appreciation for Meteora and Hybrid Theory. How does it compare to some of their legacy tracks? Will give it a listen :)

It's better than Meteora, IMO, but not Hybrid Theory. This track is far different, but I love it.

@ Kabosse: So they shouldn't collaborate with an artist they have immense respect for?

I heard The Catalyst the other day and thought it was pretty awful (and I like most LP stuff).

I hope the rest of their album is better.

Rest of the album's supposed to be in the same vein, so you probably won't like it.

Rest of the album's supposed to be in the same vein, so you probably won't like it.

Damn that's too bad, I couldn't even listen to the whole song.

Linkin Park should have stopped making music a long time ago, after all the Jay Z cr*p, well, my respect for them went down the you know what

Damn right! i used to love their music, right before that album you mentioned

It sounds like someone discovered how to use Ableton or Fruity Loops and voice filters... sounds pretty horrible up until the last two minutes, then it's kind of okay, I guess?

I used to be an LP fan when I was 13-15... Since then I've moved on to 80s music. But wow, this doesn't sound like Linkin Park at all. Pretty awful...

I liked the song 'Fire' from the other band, Dead by Sunrise. This is just too much though.

They stepped confidently towards their new sound in Minutes to Midnight and I enjoyed a decent amount of the cd. Not sure if they are trying to slightly auto tune their new sound but I honestly hated the song. Bleh!

Does anyone else agree their were 'better' sounding versions of The Catalyst then the official one? Like their were others which kept more to the old Linkin Park style

• 2 weeks later...

"The Catalyst" took a few listens to grow on me, but now, I really like it.

Two things are annoying me though, both of them being comments made about them:

1 - I see a lot of people complaining that it isn't proper Linkin Park. Well, they've matured. They can't go doing nu metal for a couple of decades, as it'll get stale and boring. I think they were right to change up their sound with "Minutes to Midnight", and "A Thousand Suns" may very well be another step in the right direction. BTW, I've been an LP fan since "Hybrid Theory", and when I was growing up, I listened to that and "Meteora" to death.

2 - I've seen a few people say Chester's using Auto-Tune in "The Catalyst". Where? Show me. I've listened to the song nearly a dozen times, and I can't detect a hint of Auto-Tune, just some effects Mike Shinoda applied. Chester can still sing, he doesn't need Auto-Tune.

• 2 weeks later...

somethings "out there". not sure if i can call it linkin park though.

fair play for trying something different, but I think they went too far and it's failed. badly.

Im on track 8 at the moment, and this is the first song i can here any guitar in, and its VERY low in the mix. The first 2 songs are "intro songs", and track 4 isn't a song either.

I love linkin park and im going seeing them in november, but i am Very, very disappointed right now....